Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Fine.” Blake said

"I slept good, and that’s actually rare for me to say so.* Kailtynn said taking a bite of her eggs

1 Like

Mariana had arrived at the mess hall. “Eh, mashed potatos with the breakfast stuff?” She said out loud. “No thanks.” As she piled some french toast, pancakes, and bacon onto her plate, got some more coffee, then left the line and looked for an area to sit.

1 Like

“Understood.”

Celosia replied.

2 Likes

“U-uh Mariana, I got this for you, but you seem like you could eat.” Butch said with a smile, forgetting to to take off his helmet, which still had toothpaste on it.

Grace came up behind Celosia and hugged her. “When I couldn’t find you, I got so worried…”

2 Likes

“That’s good…” Samuel said sipping his chocolate milk.
Sarah kept eating quietly.

1 Like

“Oh.” Mariana said as she took in the sight of Butch wearing his helmet, that had toothpaste on it. “You know that a few things, like eating and brushing your teeth are easier without the helmet?” She asked.

“But I may have been in the field so long, that I forgot bad breath exists.” She added.

“I could also try over eating, for the first time in years.” Mariana added, as she sat down by Butch and had two plates of food.

1 Like

“How’d you guys sleep?” Blake asked

2 Likes

Butch took his helmet off. “I enlisted with Foxtrot Command when I was 18… I guess I’ve gotten to used to it.” Butch laughed, inspecting his helmet. “So, you sleep well?”

1 Like

Celosia tensed for a moment, before relaxing again. She gestured to a punching bag, hoping to explain.

2 Likes

“Oh, you felt like training… Next time, wake me up. I can be a pretty good cheerleader.” Grace smiled, sitting beside her.

1 Like

“It was okay.” Samuel said.
Sarah mumbled something and kept eating.
“She’s not a morning person.” Samuel said

2 Likes

Kyanna finished eating and put her tray away, she sat back down next to sky “sky… I want to thank you for spending time with me… I really enjoy your company”

2 Likes

“Neither am I…most of the time.”
Blake chuckled taking a sip of coffee.

2 Likes

Celosia nodded. She smiled, and tousled Grace’s hair.

2 Likes

Sarah nodded and kept eating.

2 Likes

“That means a lot. It’s nice to have a friend that doesn’t mind me being clingy…” Sky thought on that for a moment. “A friend that’s a girl that doesn’t mind it.” Sky corrected. “I enjoy your company too.”

Grace giggled, hugging Celosia.

1 Like

Kyanna giggled “it is great to have you with us sky…”

2 Likes

“by any chance anyone wanna spar? I’m feeling really rusty after being out for three months.” He asked the two

2 Likes

“Ask Leo, he’s the one that’s better at hand to hand combat.” Samuel said.
Sarah nodded in agreement.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn stopped for a second. “What about Kyanna?” she suggested. “I’m sure, she’d love to take some serious abuse.”

3 Likes