Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Blake finished loading his snipers magazines as he stood up and went to find a snipers position quickly.

2 Likes

Sky hugged Ana close. “Cuteums… Hey… I love you.” Sky said. “I gotta kill these things so I can protect you though.” Sky said, using her carbine to send Brutes spinning out of control.

1 Like

Ana hugged her sniper and rocked back and forth. “It-it’ll all be okay…” she said to herself.

2 Likes

“It will be, my Ana…” Sky assured her. Then came the loudest mechanical shriek.

1 Like

Ana screamed at the noise and began to cry.

2 Likes

Sky stopped firing to comfort Ana. “Hey… Hey I’m here…” Sky said as a massive laser began to bore through the walls.

1 Like

Jäger began barking like crazy, before nearly being hit by the laser.

“THE ■■■■ WAS THAT?!” Blake yelled readying to fire by aiming down his snipers scope

2 Likes

Ana grabbed Sky and hugged her. She didn’t let go as she trembled.
“Sky… she’s having a breakdown…” Hermes said. “You could try to knock her out…”

2 Likes

“Looks like we’re losing the wall…” Spetz said retreating farther back for more cover

2 Likes

“Thats alright Hermes… Ana, get on my back and hold on tight babe.” Sky said. The laser finally cut through, and began to tear the wall down. A Scarab began to stalk into the city.

2 Likes

Ana did so on command and closed her eyes.

2 Likes

“What about that scarab Spetz” Alice said intensely
“Doesn’t matter just run!” Spetz said tripping over himself as he regained his balance to start running as fast as he could.

2 Likes

“■■■■!” Blake said falling back as Kaitlynn ran to safety with Jäger.

2 Likes

Sky looked to one of the Mass Driver cannons. “Gunner, marking Scarab target on approach, take ot down immediately!” Sky shouted.

1 Like

Terramus stands, he’d been knocked down by the scarab tearing through the wall. He looks at the massive breach now created. “Brothers! The objective has changed! We must hold that opening…” He looks around, all but two of his brutes were lying in mangled heaps around him, and one on top of him that had shielded him from falling debris. Terramus clenches his fists, and looks at his two remaining Brutes, “Come” he says menacingly. “They must pay for this.”,

2 Likes

“Aries! We are falling back with everyone else!” Catina said to her over the coms.

“Do we have a plan B?” Catina asked Sky as she ran parallel to Aries, as they fell back with everyone else.

1 Like

Kiana was horrified as she saw the scarab stay strong Kiana… she thought to herself. She heard a screech as Beth was cornered by a brute, she recognized the look of horror on her face, the look she had herself three yeas ago. Kiana refused to let what happened to her happen to anyone else. She went to shoot at the brute but heard a click as her magazine was empty, it had been her last one f#ck f#ck f#ck Kiana thought. She flew over quickly and picked up a hammer from a fallen brute, it didn’t have any energy left. she flipped it around to the blade and with one swing lodged it into the brutes back. The brute let out a pained roar as Kiana pulled it out, and when the brute turned she took another swing and slammed the blade through it’s face and into its skull, it dropped to the ground dead and kiana dropped the hammer. Kiana caught her breath and pulled her shotgun off of her back as beth ran off behind cover to reload.

3 Likes

Sarah ran over to help Kiana.

Leo kept waiting for an answer.

2 Likes

“so i guess i will have to speak to the kaidon now about you” Kyanna said

Kiana double checked her shotgun was loaded and found some cover

2 Likes

“Sh*t. Keep going Aries I’ll catch up.” Catina told her as she changed direction and ran over to help Beth.

“We need to move!” Catina told Beth as she stood behind Beth’s cover and aimed her DMR at a Brute standing on the edge of the Scarab. getting her sights on him just in time to see him open fire with a Plasma Cannon.

She fired a split second later, hitting him in the throat with two rounds, as she took enough plasma rounds to pop her shields, and Catina took two more rounds from the plasma cannon, burning a hole in the lower lefthand corner of her chest plate, leaving a smoking hole in her armor, and a plasma burn at about the middle-left of her ribcage.

Catina slumped down on her rear end behind the same cover Beth had taken, while the Brute made gurgling noises and slowly slid off the plasma cannon, onto the deck of the Scarab.

1 Like