Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“hey sorry I did not respond sooner, one of the others had pod problems” Kyanna said to Kaitlynn

4 Likes

“It’s fine, I found two others. Samuel and Sarah where you guys at?”

3 Likes

Leo put on his bag and grabbed his weapons. He hid as he waited for Kyanna.

3 Likes

“well I landed in a sky scraper so I am currently descending 150 flights of stairs… Then have to run up another 150 to get to the other one”

3 Likes

“Where are you guys? We should regroup now.”

As Blake walked down the steers, looking for anyone he began to grow paranoid.

What If I’m the only one alive? Really, I should have found some hints of my teammates by now. Just… d#mmit, where am I? he thought as he passed through. Suddenly he felt as he luck shined down upon him as he caught eyes of a mongoose in good condition. He smiled and ran over to it, checking to see if it ran, and to his hopes it did.

“Ja! HA-HA! Finally! Something good in this sh*t.” He said happily as he boarded the mongoose and reved its engine. The purring of the engine was like music to his ears. He made himself comfortable as he soared down the streets and allyways of New Mombasa, Hope was restored to him as he looked around while he drove.

Maybe I’ll find them faster. Not knowing that he had landed far away from any of the other ODSTs.

2 Likes

Celosia’s pod rattled as it plummeted towards the ground. She heard a spine chilling crack as it hit a tree, snapping the trunk and sending up a rain of splinters. The pod seemed to bounce and spin as it hit the dirt, before sliding to a stop. The pod lay on its back, and the ejected door flew almost straight up. Before it could hit the ground, Celosia had climbed out, placing her weapons upon her back. She stood in the deserted park, taking a moment to survey the area, and her trail of destruction.

4 Likes

“I am climbing down the stairs of a sky scraper… Only to climb up the stairs of another to meet up with our fellow team mate” Kyanna said

3 Likes

“Roger we’ll start making our way up that building, if you can send us the waypoint.”

2 Likes

Kyanna gave her Leo’s position as she kept descending the stairs

3 Likes

“Wouldn’t it be best if I met you all at the bottom of this?” Leo asked.

2 Likes

She nodded. “Alright you two. Let’s move it.” She said beginning her route to Leo.

2 Likes

When Sky finally awoke, it was in a daze as the early morning light poked through the dense clouds they dropped from, shining through the window. On instinct through her training, Sky unbuckled her seatbelt and analyzed the door for the explosive bolts that would free her from this would-be tomb. With a series of quick punches, the door hissed and popped off, allowing Sky to emerge from the beaten silver slab. She grabbed the two weapons from her pod and looked around.

She found that she had landed in a relatively quiet street. Blue sparkles floated through the air like embers. Quickly, Sky darted to the side of the street with her weapons cradled in her arms. Her armament of a shotgun and a silenced submachine gun were not going to last long, but if the mission had not gone so sourly already, it wouldn’t have mattered.

“This is Sky to Daylight, requesting a rally point.” Sky said, scanning the street for any hostile presences.

The words crackled through Grace’s ears as she groaned, waking up in her pod. Almost drunkenly repeating the same process Sky underwent, she climbed out of her pod. She grabbed a pistol and heard a shuffle in the rubble not so far away in the plaza not far from herself. Grace turned to find herself face to face with one of the alien beings. It would have been half her height had it not been wearing a burnt orange combat harness, with an obnoxiously large pyramidal structure that seemed to be a sort of backpack. Grace hesitated, but so did the short, stocky alien creature, jumping in the air before trying to run.

“Human!” It screamed in a high pitched, squeaky voice. Grace wasted no time in killing the creature, staining the pavement blue where it dropped. However, the damage was done, and its comrades could be seen not far behind. Two more of the orange creatures ran toward her on stubby legs, firing green bolts at her. They were not accurate, their aim sloppy and scorching the pod behind her.

Grace fired twice, killing one of the aliens before diving behind her pod, a torrent of spikes shooting through the air and impaling on the side of the pod. She heard the cold, guttural laughter of the small patrol’s leader, a Brute. She peeked around the side and saw it. Shining, angular cobalt armor encased the ape like monstrosity within, as it slowly riddled the pod with spikes. She pulled herself back into cover. Grace feared for her life, a trio of the cannon fodder Grunts she could handle, but a Brute…

Grace took a deep breath before raising her pistol and turning to be faced with the blue titan, which picked her up by the neck.

“I will tear the flesh from your bones!” It roared at her. Grace fumbled with her pistol and tried to shoot it, but it nicked off of the armor. The Brute snarled and pressed harder on her neck, causing Grace to lose hope.

Her relief came in the form of a thunderous bang and a flash, and the creature dropped her to the ground. Grace glanced up to see Sky holding a shotgun.

“Th-thanks…” Grace muttered weakly.

“Don’t mention it.” Sky asked, holding out her hand, which Grace hesitantly grabbed. Sky lifted her up, and when Grace was steady on her feet, let go. Grace stared down at the now deceased Brute, lying on the ground.

“Thank you, Sky.” Grace replied.

Sky nodded. “Do you have everything from your pod?” Sky asked. Grace didn’t register the question, so she asked again. “You didn’t just come down here packing a pistol, did you?”

“No, here,” Grace reached in and lifted out a heavy load, what was known to many as the SPNKr rested on Grace’s shoulders. “I don’t fight up close.”

“A SPNKr? So you don’t have anything but a pistol and a rocket launcher?” Sky asked. Grace hesitantly nodded. Sky groaned, realizing Grace was just support. Delicate support, as well. She glanced around and noticed three Brutes approaching. Two were adorned in the typical blue Grace had encountered, yet the one in the center donned a yellow set of armor.

“Sky?” Grace asked Sky for direction.

“Stay down. When you can, take headshots only.” Sky said, loading her shotgun and swapping it for her submachine gun. When Grace ducked below the cover of her pod, Sky dashed for the Brutes, which broke formation to kill her. Sky opened fire on the first, the first few volleys of bullets doing nothing before the armor gave way and filled the Brute’s chest with holes. The other two had opened fire with their Spikers, missing Sky as she dodged, the ground where she stood covered in spikes that were spat from the crude rifles. Now holding her shotgun tightly, she charged at the second blue armored Brute in her way. With two swift blasts the alien was no more, but by this point the golden one punched her, sending her to the ground with a single whack of its powerful fist.

“Sky!” Grace shouted as she charged forward from her cover. Her pistol fired, hitting the yellow Brute twice, distracting it from Sky. The recoil on the weapon threw it from her loose grip on the third blast, missing her target. By this time, the Brute bounded toward her. Grace knew it was the end for her, putting her arms over her face as it raised its fists.

Then, the soft tell-tale rattatatat of Sky’s submachine gun forced the Brute to arch its back, falling beside Grace. Grace again looked up at Sky, taking her hand.

“Thanks, Grace.” Sky said. Grace became confused and inquired what for, to which Sky replied. “Distracting the Brute, giving me a proper shot at it.” Sky replied as she turned and began walking into the city.

“Oh, well, I tried my best.” Grace replied. Sky laughed.

“I’m sure you did. Now then, let’s go find Captain Butch.” Sky said, and the two walked off, deeper into the burning city of New Mombasa.

3 Likes

Blake kept driving as he heard the sound of a phantom fly over him. He looked up and came to a sudden halt. He thought quickly and grabbed his assault rifle, incase he had to drive and shoot. He pressed on to see a small group of grunts on patrol, meaning their was more nearby, and 32 rounds wouldn’t cut it.

“■■■■.” He said to himself as he backed up and went to find another way around.

2 Likes

Celosia froze as she heard strange voices and footsteps. She silenlty dropped to a crouch, and began to exit the park, gritting her teeth as the heavy metal gate creaked and groaned. The noises where a pair of jackals, one carried a long purple rifle, the other had a glowing shield upon its arm, and a weapon bristling with pink spikes. They seemed to be bickering about a bloody human head, that the rifle carrier was holding. Celosia began to stalk them, remaining hunched over, taking each step lightly.

As she reached the last 20 metres, she broke into a sprint, pulling her knife from its sheath. She dived onto the needler carrying alien, and slammed the blade into the its neck. A horrible scream escaped the dying creature’s beak, as it collapsed beneath her weight. The other jackal dropped the head, and began to raise it’s gun, chattering in alarm. Moments before it could fire Celosia sprung forward, head connecting with the Alien’s stomach. Her target stumbled backwards, and as it’s head hit the ground, Celosia’s boot slammed into it. With a couple of stomps the thin skull was crushed, and purple blood stained her boot.

She glanced at the severed human head. And back to the bloody aliens “Disgusting”

3 Likes

Vanessa’s pod slammed through a skyscraper, losing most of it’s momentum and rolling down the side of the building.

“I’M GONNA DIE! I’M GONNA DIE!” She screamed, tears streaming down her face as she felt her pod crash to the ground while the tower crumbled around her.

“Vanessa! stay there! I’ll come get you!” Alex ordered as Vanessa blasted open the hatch of her pod, looking up to see the falling rubble descending upon her like a hellish tidal wave. She quickly grabbed her weapons and ran for her life, dodging pieces of the crumbling tower in a desperate bolt for survival.

Alex crashed through a intersection, several cars being completely wiped out by his pods drop. He quickly burst out of the pod, screaming into the comms.

“Vanessa! Talk to me!”

4 Likes

“well then stop hiding and sitting still and start going down the stairs” Kyanna said to leo

3 Likes

“Okay, I’ll meet you down there.” Leo said and started his decent. He tripped and began to roll down the stairs.

Sarah and Samuel nodded.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn stepped out of the bank and began moving towards the waypoint. “Anyone heard from my brother?” She asked over the comms

2 Likes

“who is that?” Kyanna asked

3 Likes

“His names Blake, I was just curious if anyone had heard him. If you heard him yelling in a different language good chance that was him.”

1 Like