Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“What is it… Wait, you’re down Indigo Boulevard, yeah?” Delovo asked.

1 Like

“Yes! We got brutes closing in on us! We’re located in the hospital in the ER room. Send us support! We are low on ammo! And we have two injuries! Sky got her leg blown off and Catina took some shots around the stomach.”

2 Likes

“Here… this is yours…” Ana said taking off her helmet and putting it on Sky.

2 Likes

“Hey… I’ll be fine. You wear it hun.” Sky said. “It doesn’t fit very well… Uh, wait, who are the new people?” Sky asked.

“Daylight, you’re so close to us. Just hustle up here.” Delovo said. He looked around. Thousands of Brutes… Everything they had was being thrown at their position as the day died in the afternoon sun. The Mammoth’s horn wailed long and hard, a feral warcry directly from the bowels of the machine challenged the Brutes

1 Like

“■■■■ …okay, just…Cover us when we get close.” Blake said, telling all of Daylight that the plans had changed.

2 Likes

“No need. Just run for it.” Delovo said. “All non essential personnel, evacuate this tank immediately.” Delovo ordered.

1 Like

“Alright, let’s go, Sky I’ll explain everything later.” He said taking Sky into her arms. “Daylight meet me outside and get ready to run, bring the scavver with us.” He turns to face Kate. “We’re gonna get you off this planet and out of this chaos.” He told her, going toward the exit to the outside.

2 Likes

“We’re leaving, and we were told to bring you with us.” Catina said to Jamie as she left the room and speedwalked to Blake’s location.

“Where are we going to fall back to from here?” Catina asked everyone out loud when she met up with Daylight.

1 Like

Jaime stands and whistles “Artemis, come with me” He follows Catina at a cautious stroll, wary of another ambush

2 Likes

Lobster stopped, as the group approached a hangar. He let out a shrill whistle, and looked around the dirty streets.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn and the rest of Daylight met Blake outside. As he was waiting for them. “Everyone double time it to Delovo position now! Before the apes catch up!” He ordered.

2 Likes

As Daylight got close to the gate, Delovo’s Mammoth roared down the road.

“Full speed! Fire up the MAC and prepare for single reactor ignition.” Delovo ordered.

“Sir, the primary reactor will be overcharged-” A man said.

“That’s the point, Sergeant!” Delovo shouted as the Mammoth rumbled down the hill. A Scarab stepped out only to get plowed over. Dozens of Brutes were crushed beneath the wheels. Armor began to pile up on the front of the Mammoth, and a Ghost blasted through the window, kicked up by the chaos and removing Delovo’s head. The MAC began charging as it got further into the enemy territory

2 Likes

“Hurry! I can hear the mammoth!” Blake shouted

2 Likes

Ana helped move Sky.
Sarah ran as fast as she could with Grace and Kiana.
Samuel was behind them.

2 Likes

Catina stayed close to Ana and Sky, helping to cover them with her DMR if any Brutes attacked.

1 Like

In a flurry of red and claws scrapping against the ground a small creature barrelled towards Lobster, and scrambled up him. As it came to rest on his shoulder, Lobster scratched the animal’s leathery chin. It blinked its four eyes and nuzzled against him.

2 Likes

Bridget screeched and fell forward into Lobster.

“Come on, babe, we can do this!” Sky said.

1 Like

Daylight got closed to the mammoth only to see the huge horde of Brutes and armor towards the mammoth. “DELOVO! WE’RE AT THE MAMMOTH! RESPOND!” Blake said

2 Likes

Jaime runs up near Kate, who was still by Blake “What’s going on, I thought this was our escape route”

2 Likes

“It’s suppose to be! But what the hell are they doing?!”

2 Likes