Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

A Covenant structure was visible on a coast line in the distance, what looked like heavy equipment was present near the waters edge. Using some binoculars Alex could make out a scareb.
The top of a tower at the base was acting as a lightning rod, explaining why the pods were not targeted by the bolts.
“We need to get that structure, it looks like they know we are coming” Alex said. As he started to march, the ORS began to move out of the cloud and phantom patrols spilled out of its hangers.

2 Likes

Sarah could feel the ground under her pod begin to crack. She closed her eyes and cried.

Leo and Samuel nodded and began to look for her and saw her on a higher cliff. They began to climb up towards her.

2 Likes

Catina got on the coms. “Sarah, highlight the waypoint on your HUD.” Catina told her.

1 Like

“She’s right here. We are unable to reach her right now.” Leo said as he hilighted her pod.

“Anyone higher up?” Samuel asked.

2 Likes

“I’ll get her” Kiana said as she jetpacked up to sarah’s pod, seeing the ground crack slightly as she landed oh sh#t she thought “okay sarah… stay calm” Kiana said as she slowly walked towards it

2 Likes

Sarah nodded and trembled. The ground continued to crack.

2 Likes

Jess wakes up, her pod was alone, she couldn’t see anyone through the open pod door, “Just my F*cking luck”

1 Like

“ok kiana you can do this…” Kiana said to herself, figuring getting off the ground was the safer option she used her jetpack to hover off of it. She flew over to the pod and let out a deep breath before beginning to push the pod as best as she could, it slowly slid across the ground, kiana heard it cracking more underneath the pod

2 Likes

Sarah could hear the pod moving and the ground cracking. It wasn’t long before she was safely off the collapsing part which fell apart right after the pod was off of it.

2 Likes

Alex got on comms “when you gather the team head to my postion”

2 Likes

Kiana let out a sigh of relief and rolled the pod over, and opened it up so sarah could crawl out

2 Likes

Sarah jumped on Kiana and hugged her tightly. She cried and trembled.

Leo and Samuel sighed in relief.
“She’s okay.” Leo said.

2 Likes

Catina met up with Sky, Grace, Irzon, and Aries. “I almost feel bad for Spetz, he just got that new helmet.” Catina said out loud.

1 Like

Kiana smiled beneath her helmet and jetpacked Sarah down to safety with the rest of the group

2 Likes

Leo chuckled. “Ya…”

Sarah slowly let go of Kiana and stood up. [Thank you]

2 Likes

“Let’s move.” Sky said.

1 Like

Samuel nodded and got his weapons ready.

Leo checked his carbine.

Sarah readied her grenade launcher.

1 Like

“Let’s find Cabis.” Catina said as she checked her weapons. M6D, DMR, Shotgun, patrol case and backpack she carried extra ammunition in. And the bubble shield she would remember to use this time.

“Do you think I’ll be the damsel in distress this time too, like when you sniped that Brute in the station’s generator room?” Catina asked Aries over a private com.

1 Like

“you’re welcome” Kiana said to sarah befor turning to leo “leo, do you still ave a spare arm in your pack?”

2 Likes

“I don’t think I do.” Leo answered.
“You do. You never took out or used the extra one from your pack.” Athena chimed in.
He nodded and searched for it.
Sarah walked over to him and Leo gave her the arm.

[Let me help you attach it.] Sarah signed.

1 Like