Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“okay…” Kyanna moved behind him, for a few moments she just stood there looking for the spots, she took a guess and tried it “like this?” she asked

2 Likes

Leo nodded. “Yep. Like that.”

2 Likes

kyanna nodded and continued

2 Likes

“You said we had work.” Grace said. “What work?” She asked Kaitlynn.

Aries squeaked in delight, looking at the smaller ones, which were slowly inflating with more gas. They were adorable, put simply, being smaller with the same length tentacles and head as it would have when it finished inflating.

1 Like

“Nowadays, I adore Huragoks. Now that they no longer make even Grunts tougher to kill.” Catina said. “And more of them working on this ship will make our lives easier.”

“Come on now.” Catina told Aries. “Let’s try to take our armor somewhere it can be safely stored, and go on with some mundane stuff on this ship. We might be able to take at least one day off, but spend most of our time training.”

1 Like

kiana grunted a little and put her armor under her bed when the Huragok was finished taking it off.

“come on what’s wrong with me having a little fun?” Beth said giggling

[nothing wrong with it, i was playfully hitting you… just being a spartan makes my playful hits a lot harder than normal]

“you can stop insulting me now” Beth said

Kiana looked a bit confused at first. oh she doesn’t understand sign language… right… Kiana thought. She reached down for her armor, opened up one of the pouches it had and pulled out her headband. She put it on and looked back at Beth “i wasn’t insulting you i was talking to you” Kiana said

“what do you mean?”

“well you know i can’t talk right?”

“i thought you just chose not to out of armor… though it is a little weird how your voice sounds compared to the others…”

“That’s because the helmet… and this headband do the talking for me… Look i lost my ability to speak years ago because of brutes, that’s why i have this scar” she said pointing to her throat “and my robotic arm, i haven’t been able to talk for about five years…” she said. “so instead i use whats called sign language”

“that’s human sign language? i thought you were just doing offensive gestures” Beth said giggling

“well yeah now you know, we aren’t insulting you, just talking to you…”

“so… if you have that helmet… Why bother using sign language?” Beth asked

“because i’ve only been a spartan for two years, and that’s when i got that helmet… it reads my thoughts and projects them through the speakers as a voice so i can talk… because in a combat situation it’s really hard to communicate using sign language.” Kiana said

“and i’m guessing that headband does the same?”

“yep, Leo made it for me… He also made one for Sarah back when she lost her voice…” Kiana said

“well suddenly everything makes sense now” Beth said “hey wait… does that mean we can pull your arm off whenever?” Beth asked

“yeah, just like this” she said doing so, she then playfully smacked beth upside the head with it.

“ow you b*tch” Beth joked, Kiana laughed a bit and put her arm back on, it locked into place with a few metallic clicks. “hey… do you wanna maybe hang out sometime?”

“you better not mean what i think you mean” Kiana said

“what a relationship? hell no, i’m just looking for another friend… i’m kinda lonely, Cat spends every waking moment with Aries so we never hang out much anymore… and Grace is just… well… i know she means well but she’s a bit clingy” Beth said

“thank god, finally someone who just wants to hang out instead of date” Kiana said as she giggled. “yeah i’ll hang out with ya.” she said.

“great” Beth said giving off a sigh of relief “that makes my life slightly easier…” she said “hey speaking of dating… how do humans find mates?”

“what do you mean?” Kiana asked confused.

“well i wasn’t raised by humans remember?” she said giggling

“right i forgot, you’re just so distant from everyone a lot of us forget you even exist” Kiana said

“well i’m trying to fix that if you haven’t noticed” Beth said

“yeah yeah, anyways to answer your question… we just kinda find someone we like, spend a lot of time with them, and if the two of you enjoy each others company a lot then you may end up in a relationship” Kiana said

“that’s it?” Beth asked

“yeah… why? how do the birds do it?”

“the females give off a signal that they are looking for a tolerable mate and wait for one to come to them…”

“what do you mean tolerable?”

“Kig-Yar are matriarchal, males are considered beneath females… and females who want a mate tolerate their presence…”

“well that’s certainly… interesting… how hard was it to adjust to us then?”

“not too hard, i’ve worked with human teams before… but i was tempted to leave a few times because of people treating me like a little girl”

“well… technically you aren’t an adult yet so of course they’d treat you like that”

“what do you mean not an adult?” Beth asked annoyed

“human age for being an adult is 18” Kiana said “and you’re 17”

“ugh that’s annoying, oh well…” Beth said.

“yeah well, come on Kaitlynn woke us up because we all gotta pull our weight to keep this ship running, let’s go find her” Kiana said.

“but mom” Beth joked

“do i need to hit you again?” Kiana joked back

“no no, alright let’s go”

“come on then, she’s probably on the bridge with the elite” Kiana said

2 Likes

“You gotta ask Nos what to do.” She said turning to look at him.

2 Likes

“well thanks to the Hurogok’s repopulating themselves overnight, it seems all that is really left to do is take stock of what other supplies we have… then we just need to wait out the trip until we are back home” Leygall said

2 Likes

Leo dropped his bag as the armor pieces fell on the ground. “Thanks.” He smiled.

2 Likes

“Don’t let those monsters touch me, thx” Alice said scared by looking at the Engineers.

2 Likes

“you are welcome” Kyanna said.

one of the Huragoks entered the bridge through their tunnels. It took one look at Spetz and knew something had to be wrong with his armor. it floated over to him and chirped as it reached for him.

2 Likes

“Give me a second.” Leo said as he grabbed all his gear and quickly ran into a room. He changed out of his undersuit into a pair of clothes he always carried in the bottom part of his bag alongside his coat. “There we go.”

2 Likes

“Yeah basically that.” Kaitlynn said sighing. “Kind of wish we had work to do, so we could actually work together and not sit on our ■■■ basically for 3 months.”

2 Likes

Kiana and Beth entered the Bridge “so kaitlynn what is there to do?” Beth asked, Leygall chuckled at their bad timing

“i should get out of my armor as well, though at least i can do it myself” Kyanna said giggling.

2 Likes

“You just had to say something about the Engi huh?” Spetz remarked
Alice saw the engineer and started to scream

2 Likes

Leo chuckled at Kyanna. He put his armor in his bag.

2 Likes

The Huragok pulled parts of Spetz’s armor off of him, searching for the problem which it found relatively quickly, one of it’s tentacles spit open to reveal fine cilia. After fixing the piece it re attached it to Spetz, fixing his armor locking problem. satisfied it let out another chirp and left the room.

“well let us find the others i guess” Kyanna said

3 Likes

Alice fainted, she blew a circuit
“Welp that’s more action I’ll ever get in my life” Spetz replied as he sees a figure on the bridge

2 Likes

“Nothing…guess the engineers have that covered.”

2 Likes

“so i can go back to sleep then?” beth joked

“there’s nothing to do then? where did all the squids come from by the way”

“gods your timing is terrible” Leygall said chuckling as he heard Kiana

2 Likes