Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Tom smiled and walked off to wake the others.

1 Like

Kailtynn was already awake as she approached Tom. “Blake awake by any chance?” She asked him

2 Likes

“Yeah. He and Joanna are on the ship. We have to get going. I let you guys sleep in.” Tom said.

1 Like

Leo sat up and sighed as he grabbed his gear.

Sarah looked at her picture of Mary and smiled as she grabbed her gear.

2 Likes

She nodded.

Blake was checking his equipment, still pissed at his sister as he cleaned his rifle.

2 Likes

Leygall grabbed Tom’s arm as soon as he touched him “touch me again and i will rip your arm off klaka” he growled

Kyanna lead the two upstairs to an elevator, she turned it on and it took them to the main keep. She walked down the hall and knocked on the council chamber door, the door slowly opened revealing a large cavernous room separated by a small staircase to an upper and lower level, one of the walls had been cut open and there were large pillars supporting it up, making the end of the room a large balcony, there was a large table in the center of the lower area of the room, with three legged stools on the sides. Next to the stairs leading to the upper level were small gardens which had various plants of Gahlogali in them, and at the upper platform was a sangheili sitting in a gravity throne, the Kaidon of the keep. “ah Keeahna, we were curious when you would pay us another visit” Jikan said. Kyanna bowed instinctively

“it has been too long since i last came here Kaidon, it feels good to be home”

“indeed it should be, Qeeana would be happy to see you are here” Jikan said “i see you have brought guests as well”

4 Likes

“Sorry!” Tom exclaimed

Catina awoke, and pulled her left hand up from where she had it obscured by her and Aries, revealing her M6D. She saw it was Tom waking everyone up, and she sat up so she could put her pistol away. Then Catina turned and started shaking Aries. “Aries. Time to get up.” She said.

1 Like

Scarlett was leaning against the wall as she watched Tom awaken everyone.

2 Likes

Sarah, Ana and Leo all went to the ship.

2 Likes

Catina got on the coms with Daylight. “So we are going home, back to the Darkstar III, and taking some of these Foxtrots with us?” She asked. “After attacking and bringing down The Medusa, Admiral Jasper may or may not wish to speak with Sky’s brother.”

“And I had a thought. If they are able to create something like The Darkstar III, do you think that The LR research and development can upgrade Mjolnir? It’s a safe bet that UNSC and ONI Spartans will…and I slightly dislike the idea of facing them when their armor keeps improving, but ours does not.”

1 Like

“Looks like we are.” Aries said.

The team piled on to the Pelican to get up to the Dark Star II. It was a short trip before they arrived, and Tom showed Daylight their rooms, since the Dark Star was built with much more crew in mind it could accommodate Daylight easily.

1 Like

Scarlett sat cross legged on the floor of her room meditating.

2 Likes

“Commander Stalvern.” Catina said . “It is Commander isn’t it? Does this ship by any chance have a holodeck?”

1 Like

Tom laughed. “It’s Captain… And, what the hell is a holodeck?” Tom asked.

1 Like

Blake saw Daylight land as he waited for them to finish up with their tour of the ship, so that he could confront his sister.

2 Likes

Glasgow nervously bowed.

1 Like

“Captain then.” Catina corrected herself. “And I will take that as a no. But a holodeck, is a fairly recent invention that allows people to connect to a computer simulation and go through programs that they fight enemies, who are usually a lot stronger than their real life counterparts. Plus you cannot actually be killed in a simulation, just “die” for a few seconds and reload into it. The injuries sustained feel real though.”

1 Like

Kaitlynn saw they were done with the tour as she walked out to the hangar and approached Blake.

“Look abo…” Blake cut her off immediately as he showed signs of hostility towards her.

“Was zum Teufel ist dein Problem? Wir versuchen, Joanna eine Fehlgeburt zu geben? Oder hast du nur versucht, sie sich schlecht fühlen zu lassen?” he said hatefully through his teeth at her. (What the hell is your problem? Are you trying to give her a miscarriage? Or are you just try to make her feel bad?)

“Nein, tut mir leid. Ich weiß, dass ich in letzter Zeit eine Hündin war…” She responded calmly, getting quickly cut off. (No, I’m sorry. I know that lately I was a b*tch.)

“Sie sind verdammt Recht!” (You’re ■■■■ right about that!)

She sighed and cleared her throat, looking into her brothers eyes. “Hören Sie, es tut mir leid, was ich getan habe. Außer sie smacking mit dem Helm, das mach ich nicht bereuen. Wie auch immer, ich weiß wir haben uns seit Monaten auseinander und sie dachten, wir bisschen den Staub. Sie hatten also an zu bewegen. So schätze ich, ich danke sollte Joanna und allem, was zum Teufel Sie für, das sich um Sie kümmert, wenn ich nicht… ich kann sagen, Joanna betreut Sie tief und sie dasselbe tun. Die wieder, erklärt, das Baby, aber ich bin nicht nur für Euch besorgt, bin ich für dieses Kind sorgen. Es ist nicht die schönste Kindheit aufwachsen, das ist etwas, was wir wissen. Und wir wissen, was es tun kann.” (Listen, I’m sorry what I did. Except smacking you with the helmet, I do not regret that. Anyway, I know we’ve been apart for months and you thought we bit the dust. So you had to move on. So I guess I should thank Joanna and all these, whatever the ■■■■ they are for taking care of you when I couldn’t…I can tell Joanna cares for you deeply and you do the same. Which again, explains the baby, but I’m not only worried for you guys, I’m worried for this kid. It’s not gonna have the nicest childhood growing up, which is something we know about. And we know what it can do.)

Blake didn’t say a word as she turned around and paced. Before speaking up, with a hint of terror in his tone.“Ich bin nicht bereit, ein Vater zu sein, bin ich bereit mich zu Scheiße da!” (I’m not ready to be a father, I’m actually ready to sh*t myself over it!)

She walked up and pulled her brother into a bear hug, comforting him, before whispering into his ear. “Ich weiß, dass ihr nicht bereit, ich kenne deine Angst, aber es wird schon gut werden. Sie werden nicht allein sein in diesem Entweder, fast jeder hier wird es für sie sein. Sie sind immer noch Teil des Tageslichts und Sie sich immer noch Familie zu uns.” She said softly. (I know your not ready, I know your scared, but you’ll be fine. You won’t be alone in this either, almost everyone here will be there for you. You’re still part of Daylight and you’re still family to us.)

Blake didn’t know what to say as he hugged his sister back, closing his eyes and letting a few tears shed. “I ■■■■■■■ missed you guys.” He whispered back, as the two hugged each other tightly, happy to know they weren’t separated anymore.

4 Likes

Jikan returned the bow and looked back up, he clicked his mandibles and the look in his eyes showed confusion “where is your mate Keeahna?” he asked

“he is not with me, he is on a mission with my team” Kyanna said “he is the only engineer so he is vital to them, the last time i was here with him my team suffered greatly for it” she said.

“it is understandable, now then who are the guests of yours?” Jikan said looking to Glasgow and Zorya, hoping they would introduce themselves.

4 Likes