Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Sky stopped and looked with stupor at Ana.

Tom went from soft weeping to loud crying, trying to hug Sarah tighter.

1 Like

“Sky, you remember us right?” She asked her

2 Likes

“You remember me right…” Ana said. “What you mean to me…” she said to Sky.

Sarah held Tom close. He didn’t let him go.

Leo checked how the suit was doing. “I still have a decent amount of ammo… and I’ve taken minimal damage.”

2 Likes

“so you are the one doing this to her!” Qeeana said angrily

“mother please calm down, i did not want to-”

“then why did you agree to it?” Qeeana interrupted, Kyanna got up angrily and punched Qeeana in the chest, Qeeana barely felt it but it stopped her from continuing.

“let me finish!” Kyanna said angrily “i only agreed to it because the leader of my team asked me to after we encountered the parasite that destroyed high charity… she is doing it to protect me, to make sure i can withhold my own against that monster.” Kyanna said. Qeeana was silent for a bit and let out an angry sigh as she walked out of the room to cool off and to speak with the Kaidon.

3 Likes

Ambrose, Nora and Baldrich arrived at the scene of Sky’s massacre. They looked over the bodies. Baldrich fell to the ground, head hung, hand resting on a body. Nora clenched her fists and held back the tears. Ambrose roared like a wild animal.

“They have gathered in the hangar.” An officer calmly spoke. He was alone in the shadowy chamber, something restrained on the wall behind him. He pressed a button on a console in front of him “You are up.”

Several clamps on a wall unlocked, freeing a large armoured figure from the wall. It stepped out of the shadows, looming over the officer, more than twice his height. One arm ended in a minigun, jagged blades extending beneath it, with a railgun mounted on the opposite shoulder. It used its free hand to lift a large gravity hammer from the wall. Slowly it walked out of the room, the only sound accompanying it the heavy armoured footsteps.

5 Likes

“I-I’ll add things to make her impervious to it!” Glasgow declared.

Sky nodded, kissing Ana. “I… I was scared what they would do to me…” Sky cried.

Grace brought Mary over.

Tom stopped crying, putting his helmet on so Mary wouldn’t see his face. He cleared his throat. “I-Is this the Mary I’ve heard so much about?” He asked Sarah.

2 Likes

The soldiers allied with Daylight wheeled in 4 crates. “This is all we could find.” One said.

Ana hugged Sky tightly. “It’s okay… we are here. I’m here for you…”

Sarah nodded. “This is little Mary…”

“What or who else do we need?” Leo asked as he looked around. “We are missing Scarlett…”

2 Likes

Hannah tried to control her breathing through all of this. Not only because of the covenant human war replaying in her mind, but also of the occasional worry and doubt her ODSTs friends caused her as they slipped through. They are fine, and if they are not I will simply move along. With or without them she tried saying to herself.

2 Likes

Weapon C entered the hangar. The minigun began to spin, shooting at the line of soldiers, each explosive round impacting with a small explosion, As this happened, the railgun began charging, targeting one of the crates, and tearing though it with a loud crack.

2 Likes

Leo turned towards the entrance and fired his mini gun at the new enemy.
The remaining men ran for cover.
Sarah grabbed Mary and ran. She dragged Tom and Grace as well.
Ana pulled Sky to cover.

2 Likes

Sky got up and hugged Ana. “I’m sorry…”

“Mommy, who is this?” Mary asked. Grace immediately picked her up and rushed to cover at the sound of gunfire, shielding Mary with her body. Tom covered her. “Sarah! Move!”

1 Like

Weapon C turned to Leo and fired her own minigun in response. It walked forward, railgun charging again, locked onto him.

2 Likes

Sarah hid behind cover with Mary, Grace and Tom.

Leo fired both cannons at Weapon C. He prepared to make the armor switch modes as slow movement wasn’t going to help him.

2 Likes

Blake dove to cover as Kaitlynn ducked behind hers. “Holy ■■■■! What is that thing?!” Blake called out

1 Like

Weapon C knocked the rockets out of the air, and fired her Railgun at Leo.

2 Likes

Leo took a direct hit to the right shoulder, it caused armor plating to break off. “Crud!” He said as he dropped a bubble shield and changed modes. The armor shifted and allowed for more mobility. The rest of armor shielded his torso and head. He readied his energy sword and shield as he waited inside the bubble shield.

“We all have to shoot at that thing!” Ana yelled.

2 Likes

“Leo!” Sky shouted.

1 Like

Weapon C charged, moving quickly despite its size. It pelted the shield with minigun fire, it showing its damage. The large construct began to raise its hammer, leaping into the air as the shield fell, and slamming the hammer into the ground at Leo’s feet, a massive shockwave emanating out.

2 Likes

Leo was thrown backwards. As Weapon C landed however he ejected the armor towards it as he activated all its thrusters and jet packs, like a cannon ball.
He rolled backwards and crashed into a pelican. “Gosh dang it…”

2 Likes

Blake and Kaitlynn peaked out of cover and opened fire at Weapon C.

2 Likes