Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Ambrose, someone anyone, help us out!” Tom shouted into his comms.

“Mommy, I’m scared!” Mary cried, hugging Sarah. She put Melanie in her bag so her head could poke out.

Grace watched Weapon C closely, looking for a weakpoint.

1 Like

The three Vulcans began running towards the hangar.

Weapon C braced against the impact of the armour, sliding back a few centimetres, but seemingly unaffected by the blow. It turned to face Blake and Kaitlyn, firing several Railgun shots at the cover.

2 Likes

Leo slowly stood up and grabbed an extendable lance from his bag.

Sarah put earplugs into Mary’s ears and took out her hammer.

“Sis, Do you see any openings?” Ana asked over comms.

2 Likes

Blake ducked as the railgun blew his prosthetic arm to kingdom come. “OH COME ON!” She shouted looking at the broken mess that was once his arm.

2 Likes

Hannah took this moment to stay in her nice safe zone behind the Spartans

2 Likes

Mary sat down, and covered her ears over the plugs.

“Scarlett… Where are you…” Grace asked.

1 Like

“Maybe…” Catina replied as she had laid low during the fight so far and had retrieved her Spartan Laser, named Selene’s Lance on the weapon crate. She aimed and put the targetting beam on Weapon C’s back. With a “tic tic tic” sound the weapon charged, and unleashed a large red beam into Weapon C’s back, to the right of where C’s spine would be.

1 Like

Weapon C’s powerful shields glowed briefly as the laser hit, absorbing the damage. It turned locking a gravity beam onto Catina and drawing her to the head of the weapon. The pull was cut just before she reached the towering construct, and the blades of the minigun arm cut across her body, slamming her into the ground.

2 Likes

Catina hit the ground hard, her shields popping and the red light and alarm flashing in her helmet a second time, since that near miss from a Scorpion’s shell sent her flying. This time she felt a sharp pain as both blades raked across her ribs and abdomen, slicing through her under armor. It didn’t take long at all for her to feel blood start flowing from the wound either.

Catina was blatantly aware of her injuries, but she still expected Hermes to frantically tell her she was wounded. If he got the chance, provided someone did something to distract this monstrosity.

3 Likes

“Maybe we can get to the command center and jettison this thing out into space” Hannah said shaking Sky, visibly scared

2 Likes

Scarlett ran into the hangar, a large brute, with two hammers slung across his back followed her. She saw the familliar sight so of Weapon C and the death it brought “No…”

She looked at Sovekus “Throw me!”

He held out his hand, and as she climbed on, he flung her across the battlefield. She sailed right into the back of Weapon C. Grabbing hold, and slamming her fist into the hard metal plates. She closed her eyes.

Scarlett dashed through the halls of the Darkstar. Thundering towards the Brute quarters. A singular thought repeated in her mind, over and over. She turned a corner, a marine hastily reaching for a rifle. Her fist slammed into his face, a sickening crunch as his skull caved in. She barely felt a thing as she continued on.

As she finally entered the mostly empty chamber, a brute stood and looked at her. It picked up a plasma rifle “TRAITOR!”

As her hand flew to the spiker at her hip, the brute fell forward, a hammer embedded deep into the armour of his back. It had been thrown from across the room. The culprit stood, throwing his other hammer at the only other occupant.

“Sovekus!” She cried, running to his side, leaping into a hug.

The big brute chuckled “It is good to see you commander”

Loud war cries and heavy footsteps could be heard from outside the room.

“What has happened here?” Scarlett asked, releasing the hug and preparing her weapons.

“A treacherous woman took over and killed my chieftain.” Sovekus answered, moving to pick up his hammers “I’m glad you came.”

“I’m glad you survived” Scarlett said, fighting tears.

“Stay strong commander,” Sovekus said reassuringly “most of my kind have no problems following this b****”

"GO! RUN! " Scarlett bellowed, opening her eyes “LEAVE THIS TO US!”

Sovekus ran forward, grabbing his hammers. He leaped into the air as Weapon C turned towards him. Three hammers met in the air with a wave of red energy. Scarlett fell back from her perch, hoping that Daylight would heed her instructions.

4 Likes

“Aah…moving.” Catina replied to Scarlet. She got up as she held her right hand across the gashes along her ribs and abdomen, doing her best to stop the flow of blood, and she began moving as fast as she could away from the fight. Leaving a trail of blood on the floor behind her.

Along the way, Catina stopped to pick up her new weapon with her left hand, and keep moving. As oddly ineffective as a weapon designed to kill all manner of tanks, and even dropships was against this jumped up Spartan. Would a MAC Round even be stopped dead in it’s tracks by this thing’s face? Catina thought.

And she also started thinking, to begin a conversation with Hermes. I believe this latest injury is a sign that I could use an armor upgrade. I’ll ask Leo if he can manage to modify my armor to increase my base strength, speed, and agility. And yes, trust him to do that and give me my armor back. No funny business this time.

1 Like

“Everyone, we have to head out the way we came.” Leo said over comms.

Ana went over to Catina and took out a can of Biofoam.
“You’ve sustained a large injury. You may want to get it checked out.” Hermes jokes.

2 Likes

“Cat!” Aries shouted as she ran to her.

Grace kept watching Weapon C, and took off her helmet.

Mary kept crying as Tom picked her up.

Sky put an arm around Hannah to comfort her

1 Like

Ana held Sky tightly before she began to help Catina.

Leo could have at more Spartans running towards the hangar. He sprinted towards the entrance and jabbed the spear into one.
Sarah had chased after him and used him as a platform to jump over and slam her hammer down on another.

2 Likes

Qeeana had ignored Glasgow as she walked off “well she still took it better than i expected at least” Kyanna said with a sad sigh.

3 Likes

“Could’ve warned me!” Leo yelled.
“It wasn’t that bad, duck!” Sarah yelled as she slammed the hammer into another’s head.
Leo yanked the lance out and jammed it into another. He took out his energy sword and jabbed another.

2 Likes

“I got scratched.” Catina told Aries. “These are just two flesh wounds, possibly some severed muscles to have reconnected. I’ve had those before.”

“Observant. And you sure move quick, even by A.I. standards.” Catina counter joked to Hermes. Gritting her teeth and hissing in pain when the biofoam was initially applied, before it stopped being physically painful upon it’s application.

Catina got on the coms with Daylight. “Does anyone have any idea where we are running to?”

1 Like

Scarlett flipped herself to her feet, a spiker in each hand. The hail of metal spikes finally breaking the behemoth’s shields. Weapon C turned, and began to swing it’s hammer towards her. Grunting in exertion, two bladed hammers hooked themselves into the armour plating of it’s weapon arm. Sovekus heaved his wait backwards, stopping the strike. The struggle gave Scarlett enough time to leap backwards, refilling her ammunition. Weapon C shifted it’s movement, throwing Sovekus off balance and away, and freeing it’s arm from his hammer.

Sliding into cover moments before a railgun shot tore through it, Scarlett leaped back to her feet, running away from where Sovekus crashed, drawing the weapon’s attention. She barely had time to breath, but she still managed to scream “JUST MOVE!”

1 Like

Leygall’s force marched into another hangar, an LR scorpion had just destroyed an SOS wraith. The Mgalekgolo fired their assault cannons at the scorpion and quickly melted it, causing the LR’s focus to be split between Leygall’s group and the other SOS forces in the room. The LR marines continued to die easily, but brought down some of the SOS forces with them, a Kig-Yar threw a plasma grenade at the LR, and it stuck to one of the spartans, the spartan was quick to think and sprinted as fast as they could towards the other SOS forces, knowing they were already dead, the explosion caused 6 of those forces to die with the spartan.

Both sides continued to fight strong, suddenly an LR mantis entered the fray, launching missile’s at the two groups, it killed 3 of Leygall’s jackals as his group attempted to dodge them. The Mgalekgolo charged the mantis, the two of them working together and using all their force to slam their massive shields into the Mantis’ knee joints, causing them to be completely mangled. The mantis fell forward onto the hunters and the two pushed together, throwing it off of them and crushing an LR spartan with it, the operator was trapped in the mantis now, as the only exit to it was on the back of the mantis, Leygall ran forward and cut through the front plate of the mantis with his energy sword until he finally killed the driver, meanwhile the bond brothers smashed the head of the spartan underneath the mantis while they attempted to get out from under it. A rocket flew towards the trio, the hunters quickly left their armor and came together to form one massive serpent like body, this massive body leaped across the room and savagely ate the spartan who wielded the rocket launcher, their cries of agony heard even amidst the chaos. Leygall was too slow to dodge and was blasted back, both of his shields were down and he was bleeding from shrapnel, he tried to get up but an LR spartan came by and stomped on his chest and tried to aim their shotgun at his head, Leygall cut off the spartan’s leg and as they fell, grabbed their head and slammed it into the ground, caving in the helmet upon impact and killing them.

He then got up and got to cover as a group of marines focused fire on him. He waited for his shields to recharge and saw an LR colossus enter the room, it didn’t even last more than a few seconds as the mass of Lekgolo worms ate through the front of it and viciously tore the operator apart, causing the large mech to fall and block the doorway from which it came. There was a large blinding pink explosion as a jackal used their energy cutlass to kill an LR spartan, body parts and a red mist of blood scattered about the area. Leygall’s shields returned and he threw a plasma grenade at a group of marines, easily killing them as they were distracted by the hunter worms.

This firefight seemed endless as more LR vehicles continued to try and cram into the hangar, all while the infantry was torn apart. Eventually after a battle hard fought the SOS won the hangar, the survivors regrouped, Leygall, the two other swordsman, 16 other Sangheili, and the pair of bond brothers whom had returned to their armor survived. The SOS vehicles in the hangar were destroyed. The group moved together to another area, as they were moving Leygall came to a sudden realization. He moved the group to another hangar, it was empty… of living things at least. Bodies from both sides covered the floor, and burns were across every surface of the room. Leygall moved to an area with a 20 foot vehicle covered by a tarp, a tarp which was partially melted and covered in blood. Leygall removed it and got inside of his Revenant. “i knew it was a good idea to have this moved to another location!” he said proudly “now it will be the human’s downfall!” he said and the others in the group cheered. A sangheili wielding a fuel rod cannon got in the passenger seat of Leygall’s Revenant. Leygall then lead the group to another area to wreak havoc.

3 Likes