Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“Aah. Good luck.” Catina repleied to Scarlet.

“Biofoam in place, I should’t be at risk form bleeding out from these cuts.” Catina said out loud. “So maybe some light work, LR Marines and LR Spartan IVs. I’ll try to avoid any more Scorpion MBT’s and that last ditch weapon of theirs.”

1 Like

2 Months Later(on kyanna’s end lmao)…

“Alright, Kyanna, this is the moment we’ve waited for…” Glasgow smiled. Her armor awaited its user.

“We have to listen to Scarlett. Daylight, let’s go.” Sky said. Tom dashed with Mary.

When Daylight stopped, they were face to face with Nos’ forces.

1 Like

Blake and Kailtynn were behind Daylight, but Blake saw Nos forces. “■■■■ do not piss Nos off.” He commented

2 Likes

“Since we were branded traitors by the LR’s new leader.” Catina said to the SOS. “We are still allies, I’m hoping.”

1 Like

the hunter’s charged their assault cannons as soon as they saw daylight “STOP!” Leygall said just in time “they are with us they are my… team” Leygall said, although this time when he said team it was not with any hate or scorn, but rather happiness.

Kyanna walked towards her armor, staring into the red visor, seeing her reflection in it. it had been two months, she still was getting used to her augments but now her training was complete, and she was ready for war. “i am ready” she told the doctor

3 Likes

“So, did you have fun destroying everything?” Blake called out

2 Likes

“this was not about fun, this treacherous filth needs to pay!” Leygall said

2 Likes

A small smile crossed Scarlett’s face hearing the orders, firing one of her spikers as she ran. Weapon C slammed its hammer into a crate, sending the box rocketing towards her. Scarlett tried to duck, but was caught in the head by the makeshift projectile. She was sent sprawling on the floor, the optics on her helmet crackling and dropping out momentarily. The armoured being walked towards her, raising a foot. With a roar and a crash Sovekus slammed into the weapon. One hammer was brought down on the minigun arm, and while the mech spun to combat him, the foot slammed into the ground beside Scarlett’s head. Half blind she rolled out of the way, while his other hammer was swung into its back.

Scarlett stood, her patchy vision showing the struggle between brute and machine. She banged her hand into her helmet, stabilising picture. She knew another hit would probably take them out for good. She grabbed a spike grenade that she looted from her conflict with the brutes, and threw it at the leg of the weapon.

2 Likes

“It was just a expression.” He calmly said. “But then again, we still got the leader to take down first.”

2 Likes

“And I think we could focus on that now.” Catina said. “Shall we go to meet the LR’s new leader?” She asked everyone.

Mariana was still with everyone. Sticking close to Mary, and trying to keep up with the Spartans that made up their group.

1 Like

“the SOS have been tearing this ship apart on the inside and outside” Leygall said “my group have been causing havoc across the entire ship, ensuring that if the LR makes it out of this it will take them years to recover!” Leygall said proudly “I think it is time we cut the head off the snake” he said

3 Likes

“If it means I can get fixed ASAP.” He said taking off the broken and now useless mechanical prostetic. “Then I’m all for it.”

2 Likes

“Leygall, they’ve unleashed some kind of machine horror on us. We need to make our escape. Our attack is losing momentum.” Tom explained, holding Mary.

“Alright, before we do this… I just want to tell you that this whole thing has meant a lot to me, Kyanna. You’re about to take my baby… So, keep it safe.” Glasgow hugged her and guides her to the armory. Her armor was transported there with them. Glasgow looked on with pride as the plating was clasped to her, eventually encasing her. “Alright, take your first step.”

3 Likes

“And we may have aided you by keeping their Scorpion MBT’s distracted, which is why my armor is blackened and missing some of it’s paint. Also a giant Spartan that wounded me.” Catina added, glancing at the two biofoamed gashes between her chest plate and cod piece.

1 Like

Kyanna took a step forward, hearing a satisfying clap as the metal boot hit the ground. “i will make sure your child is in good care” Kyanna said

“then we need to move quickly!” Leygall said

2 Likes

Glasgow smiled. An alarm went off, and he ran to his work station. “Alright, Kyanna, I’m gonna have to give you the run down a lot quicker than I’d like. You are fast, as hell. Your suit will develop exhaust that builds up and emerges as a torrent of fire from your arm, the best I could manage under the time constraints for anti Flood combat… Be careful it doesn’t get too high. Inspired by your partner, Leo, I have had an onboard Gauss cannon attached, it will entail some heavy recoil, brace yourself when firing. It takes a minute to calibrate and lock on to a target, since it is stationary on your back most of the time.” Glasgow explained. “Your armor is also a lot thicker… It might limit your movement, but we don’t have time to fix it.” Glasgow sighed.

Tom took them to the hangar. “Dark Star, redeploy fighter wings!” Tom shouted through comms.

The rag tag group of pilots under Eren’s command zoomed toward the Dark Star.

1 Like

The explosion from the grenade rocked Weapon C. It fell to one knee, the mechanical innards expossed in the leg. It swun the hammer at Scarlett, the spartan managing to “catch” it. Both hands locked onto the head, her legs crying in pain as she pushed against it. Sovekus had been dislodged in the explosion, one of his hammers still sticking out of the weapon’s back. He grunted, and clasped both hands around the remaining hammer. Raising it above his head and bringing it down a tremendous scream of rage. A matching scream escaped Scarlett’s lungs as she pushed the hammer to the side, the impact as it hit the ground sending her staggering. She could feel her armour failing, locking up as she tried to move.

Sovekus looked to his commander, then back at the monstyrosity. The minigun arm was bent at a weird angle and smoking, the right leg torn apart and leaking fluid. He grabbed Scarlett by the protrusions on her back, and began to run towards the exit Daylight had taken.

“They must have an escape?” Scarlett managed desperately, as she was carried along.

“We can only ho-” Sovekus begun. His words were cut short as a railgun tore through him. Blood leaked from the hole in his stomach. He coughed, and blood was splattered onto the floor. He staggered for a step, but kept running. His pace was slower and unstable, but he kept moving. Coughing again he threw three combustion grenades behind him, the flames engulfing Weapon C and the ground around it.

Barely staying upright, Scarlett dragged behind him, he reached Daylight. He collapsed forward onto his knees, breathing heavily, his free hand propping him up “Disabled… not destroyed… probably…”

3 Likes

Kyanna was able to process the odd attachments to her armor quickly. “we will work out the flaws later” she said “for now what is happening?” she asked the doctor.

“is this the creature that you were running from?” Leygall asked everyone.

2 Likes

“Things have been getting bad for the last week. The station has been making surgical missile strikes against them, but the Black Moons are going to attack Sotuv Keep. Kyanna, you have to save them.” Glasgow said, waving for her to follow him.

1 Like

Kyanna’s eyes widened “what?” she said as she followed the doctor.

2 Likes