Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“I um… I kissed you… It’s a sign of… Deep affection, for someone you love.” Sky said.

1 Like

“a kiss? Is that… What that thing was… When you… Put your mouth on my cheek?”

2 Likes

“Yes, but you have to pucker your lips, like this.” Sky smiled and showed her, looking ridiculous.

2 Likes

Kyanna just looked confused

2 Likes

Sarah smiled, “No problem…”
“Sarah we need some help!” One of the doctors called.
“I’ll be back soon!” She said as she ran off.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn let go and began softly crying again, unable to control her emotions.

2 Likes

Kyanna cleared her throat “thank you for answering my question…”

2 Likes

“Okay, watch me.” Sky said, slowly pressing her lips to her cheek. “That’s a kiss. But a romantic one is on the lips, and Kyanna, you want to make sure you’re kissing someone special, that you absolutely adore…” Sky said.

Grace hugged Kaitlynn. “I just want them to be okay…”

1 Like

Samuel sighed and smiled. “Take a seat again… if you want to talk I’m here.”
Leo blankly stared at his hands.

2 Likes

Kaitlynn looked at Grace for a second and hugged her back. not saying a word.

2 Likes

“um okay” Kyanna said awkwardly “I have never kissed before… But why are you kissing me? I am a female…”

2 Likes

“Sometimes people kiss each other in a friendly way…” Sky started to become worried, hugging Kyanna. “In our society… It isn’t strange to see two of the same gender courting…” Sky said.

“What about Leo…” Sky thought. “How have I just developed feelings for her…” Sky thought, clutching her own forehead. “This… Can’t be happening… I’m so stupid for this…” Sky thought.

3 Likes

“we… Would not be killed for it? Odd…” Kyanna escaped her grasp and cleared her throat “thank you… That is all I wished to know… Let us carry on with our lives”

2 Likes

“Y-yeah, Kyanna. See you later, I’m going back to the bunks.” Sky said.

1 Like

Kaitlynn sat down next to Samuel. “Again thank you…its funny. I’m not really social yet I’ve already made some friends.”

2 Likes

“you are welcome… As you said romantic kisses to on the lips… And i assume friendly ones go on the cheek… Thank you for informing me more on humanity…” Kyanna said with a bow as she left the room

2 Likes

“It’s nice really…” Samuel smiled.
“We will be right back…” Leo said expressionlessly.
Leo grabbed Samuel and pulled him outside.
“What’s wrong?” Samuel asked.
“Why’d Sarah tell Sky?” Leo asked.
“Tell her what?”
“About the day the evacuation occurred!”
“What do you mean?”

Leo had woken up in the early hours, it was a day he had been waiting to have the courage for since he was 12. He went out and bought a dozen roses and held his paper nervously. He made his way to Sky’s house until panic broke out. People ran out of homes and shops frantically as the sirens started up. He ran through the streets panicking as he searched for Sky until he was knocked over and was trampled by a crowd. Eventually he was able to get back up.
“Sky!” He kept yelling as he ran as fast as he could to her house. The sirens began to drive him crazy. He attempted to open to door until he realized it was locked. He repeatedly rammed into the door until he broke in. He stood up from out of the debris and ran around.
“Sky! Please! Sky!” He cried as he searched through the house. Ten minutes passed of frantic searching as he finally fell to his knees at the entrance in defeat. “She’s gone…” he said as cried.
A marine remembered a mother said her son wore a green coat and saw that Leo wore one. He grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him toward a shuttle, “Your mother is looking for you! We have to go now!”
Leo obeyed as he entered the shuttle. He sat on the ground, holding the paper and one rose as he cried.

“If she told her about what happened to me that day?” Leo asked.
“No… we just told her you were going to ask her out that day.” Samuel said.
Leo nodded and let him go. “I need to clear my head… I’ll see you later…”

Samuel nodded and went back to sit next to Kaitlynn. “Sorry about that…”

3 Likes

“No, its fine.”

2 Likes

Kyanna lied down in her bunk thinking to herself “relationships among the same gender? And they are not killed for it… Odd… This race continues to amaze me… Why are they even allowed to do it? What is even the point of doing it… Two males… Nor two females together can breed a warrior… So why do they get together? It makes no sense”

2 Likes

Samuel smiled and sat down. “So what do you like doing in your free time?”

Leo went to the training room and sat down in the corner.

2 Likes