Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

“no, this is what it feels like to overcome a challenge and get closer to perfection” Beth said

2 Likes

Spetz didn’t answer as he looked and stared at Grace

2 Likes

Leo shook his head. “No… I believe there’s a chance… I love her, Sky… but I feel the feeling isn’t mutual…” he said to her as he shook her arm off. “I’m going to go work on things… get my mind off all this… maybe Kyanna would like to hang out with you.” He said in a distressed tone.

Sarah smiled at Kyanna and Mary.

2 Likes

“U-um… What’s wrong?” Grace asked. She was afraid now that she’d done something wrong and stepped back, and tripped. She sat up at the opposite end of the room and locked eyes with Spetz, making her blush. “Sorry!”

“Okay… Hey, don’t overwork yourself, okay? I love you too you know…” Sky said softly, still hugging him.

“Can we play?” Mary asked Kyanna.

1 Like

“what would we play?” kyanna asked

2 Likes

Spetz sighed as he put his hand on his nightstand, pushing himself up as he helped Grace get up. Spetz returned and laid in his bed

2 Likes

“Spetz… Are you alright… I’m scared…” Grace said. “Is it Alice…”

Lucius smiled. “Beth, you are truly my favorite.” He said.

“Ticklefight!” Mary squeaked as she reached for Kyanna’s stomach to tickle her.

1 Like

Leo smiled and hugged Sky. “I would like if you could talk to her again…”

2 Likes

Spetz mumbled something faintly into his pillow

2 Likes

“you’re my favorite too” Beth said “you’re the only somewhat sane person in the family” she joked.

Kyanna wasn’t expecting it an fell over laughing, because she had never been tickled before.

2 Likes

A few weeks or so passed at Movum Keep, Atan stood in the council chamber, looking at the saga wall, clicking his mandibles, staring at the spot where the story of his Keep defeating the heretics would soon be.

Esan soon walked in, catching Atan’s attention. “Uncle? What are you doing? You should be relaxing.” He said walking over, Esan chest was wrapped in bandages still, but he shrugged it off.

“I have been in worse conditions there is no need for rest for a simple stab.” He said, a loud cough soon following. He joined Atan side and looked at the wall. “Your ancestors would be proud of you Atan, you went from the weakest of your siblings to the strongest of your Keep.” He soon looked at his nephew who didn’t look back.

“Tell me, you have shown off to be a great warrior, a legendary swordsman of our Keep, and a Sangheili of great honor. Why have you not passed on your genes?” He asked him as Atan grunted. “Because, I still have much to do before I feel as if I am worthy to do such.” He commented.

“Atan.” he said putting a hand on his shoulder. “You are beyond worthy, were it not for you we would not be allied with Sotuv Keep and this moment. I believe you are thinking too much of yourself. That will get you killed, and then what? You will become a tale of caution to the younglings, and no Sangheili wants that.” He said as Atan looked to the floor and thought for a second.

“I feel as if I have much to live up too, if I am the strongest of our Keep…prehaps it is the burden of such that clouds my mind.” He said looking to Esan as he smiled, seen his nephew listening to his advice.

“Do not think of such, If even the Kaidon of Sotuv Keep thinks highly of you, then you are already a legend of our Keep.” He parred Atan’s back and let another loud cough out, this time his hand covered in spats of blood.

“Atan I must tell you…I fear as if this wound might have more than it looked.” He said softly as he lowered his head, “if my condition does not heal, you will become Kaidon sooner than you think.” He said, as Atan eyes widen. To be a Kaidon so early? He would not believe it, he would not let his uncle die so easily.

“Do not day such things! You have proven to be worthy to be the leader of our Keep! This wound shall not end you or your legacy just yet!” He retaliated as Esan chuckled.

“Oh my dear nephew, you have yet to fully understand the cycle of life, but I know you will understand in due time. Now come, I am starving.” He said walking away as Atan mind tried to process what he was told, he felt true fear for the first time in his life outside of battle, he was still young, and surely the elders would not trust him.

You shall live Uncle, I promise you that. he thought, catching up with Esan as the two made their way to the cafeteria.

1 Like

Grace wanted to hug him. She knew she couldn’t. “Spetz… I… I watched Tom kill my dad… I still loved him even if he hated me…” Grace said. “And even if you do… I’m still here to listen… I want you to feel better. I’m willing to do anything… Do you need help getting to sleep?” Grace asked.

“You’re one to talk.” Lucius laughed as he held her.

Mary kept going, happy with her aunt’s reaction.

“I’ll do it.” Sky said.

1 Like

Leo hugged Sky and let go. “Thanks Sky…” he heard Kyanna laughing and smiled.

Sarah giggled at Kyanna and Mary.

2 Likes

Spetz didn’t answer as he sniffled to himself “Why are you here Grace” he said quietly

2 Likes

Sky kissed him and smiled. “Why don’t you see what she’s laughing about?” Sky asked, feeling a tear come to her eye. “I’ll pretty myself up and be back.”

“I swore to take care of you, Spetz… I will.” Grace said.

1 Like

“yeah that’s coming from a crazy bird girl” Beth said giggling.

Kyanna laughed more and tickled mary back

2 Likes

“You’re my crazy bird sister.” Lucius chuckled.

Mary curled into a ball to try and protect herself, laughing the whole time.

“I swore to take care of you, Spetz… I will.” Grace said.

1 Like

“You’ll always be my best friend Sky…” Leo smiled at her before he went into the room and saw Kyanna and Mary tickling each other.

2 Likes

“I feel so…empty” Spetz said muffled as tears kept streaming from his face

2 Likes

“yeah but you’d probably be put in an insane asylum if you told anyone you had a crazy bird sister” Beth said

2 Likes