Halo: Into the Howling Dark V

Grace really wanted to hug Spetz in that moment, and stopped herself again. “Spetz… If you lose someone you love… It’s normal to feel that way… Do you want to watch a movie together to help take your mind off it?” Grace asked softly. She felt his forehead to make sure he wasn’t sick on instinct.

“I should make you an Eidolon that makes bird noises. That would be a nice birthday gift, eh?” Lucius asked.

Sky nodded and went off to the shower. She knew she had Ana, and she loved her with 99.9% of her heart, but that 0.01% shattered again like it had when it was a much larger percentage.

2 Likes

“nah that’s going a bit too far with the whole bird thing” Beth said giggling

2 Likes

Lucius blushed and pushed it under the bed with his foot. “Yeeeeaaaahhh… Super weird…”

“Aunt Kyanna… Will you have a baby? Like Mom and Dad?” Mary asked

4 Likes

“I just want this pain to stop” Spetz said as he got up and quickly wiped away his tears

2 Likes

“maybe someday” Kyanna said

2 Likes

“Where do you hurt, Spetz?” Grace asked.

“I hope you have one soon… Josh isn’t able to run with me… And then if we play hide and seek when he can walk, It won’t be fun because he won’t be able to count… And it’ll only be two people…” Mary said sadly.

1 Like

“if i do have kids it won’t be anytime soon” Kyanna said

2 Likes

“I want a cousin…” Mary said.

1 Like

“I don’t know…everywhere I guess” Spetz said as he looked at Grace, he wanted to say something else but he couldn’t

2 Likes

“maybe one day you’ll have one but i don’t want a kid anytime soon” Kyanna said

2 Likes

“Okay… Are you too warm or too cold?” Grace asked.

“Please…” Mary began to cry.

1 Like

Spetz looked at Grace confused

2 Likes

“no mary” Kyanna said

2 Likes

“Do you need blankets? U-um… Some hot cocoa?” Grace asked. “I-I’m good at mixing tea if you’d like…” Grace said.

“Okay…” Mary said sadly.

Tom frowned.

1 Like

Sarah picked Mary up and hugged her. “Didn’t you have talk to my brother?” She asked Tom.

2 Likes

“I don’t remember the last time I ate…” Spetz mumbled as he stared at Grace, he eyed her neck

2 Likes

“Oh, yeah, I already did. I just have to get him, Sky, and Kyanna in the same room with us now.” Tom said.

“What would you like to eat, Spetzy?” Grace asked, and then blushed. “I mean Spetz, sorry… Sorry…” Grace said.

1 Like

“For what?” Sarah asked him.

2 Likes

Spetz was too tired to hear, he yawned as he looked at Grace “did you say something”

2 Likes

“I just need them.” Tom smiled.

“Do you need something to eat? I can make you something.” Grace smiled at him.

1 Like