Halo: Two Hours

Ammon shoved Katrina behind cover, drawing his AR and firing.

2 Likes

Lorraine hid behind a corner and prepared her battle rifle in case she needed to take a shot

2 Likes

The Spartan opened comms to the squad “if we can avoid combat we will, no point signalling our location”

The convoy began to pass through the hiding marines

2 Likes

Omar stayed hidden, the Grunts passing by. Finally, he emerged. “Fair enough. But what can we call you? We know of a ship.”

“And we’re going to that ship. You can take your ONI data and shove it up your a*s.” The man spat.

“Sir, calm down. We will get you out of here.” Omar assured him.

1 Like

The Spartan hesitantly nodded examining the man “are you a civilian?”

2 Likes

“Yes.” He replied. “And I have to get my son out of this d*mn city!” He shouted.

“Come on, let’s get moving to that ship.” Omar said.

3 Likes

“Lead the way” Ammon replied, keeping his AR at the ready.

3 Likes

The spartan stood up and moved over to the group of marines and they began to push forward

2 Likes

An hour later, the team arrived at a bridge to the outskirts. The Covenant ship was almost perfectly over the center of the city, miles behind them.

“We have to go through the access tunnels, we won’t be spotted that way while crossing.” Omar said as, unknown to them, Phantoms approached.

2 Likes

The Spartan moved towards the tunnel opening and looked inside “bad place to get trapped” he slowly turned to look at the group night vision on

3 Likes

“Please…don’t give me that mental image…” Katrina replied.

2 Likes

The Spartan slowly moved inside with Gerold close behind

2 Likes

“Yeah.” Omar said. He passed through the security doors as he heard a clang farther down in the long tunnel behind them. It was dark, save for the red light dully illuminating them. The tunnel was semi narrow. Omar stopped.

“Are we gonna stop when whatever’s back there could be catching up!?” The civilian said angrily. Omar nodded and continued forward, quickening his pace.

2 Likes

A blue bolt of light can flying through the tunnel from behind, the bolt impacted Gerold sending him to the ground a small hole burnt through his chest

The spartan turned around to see the glow of alien weapons appearing behind them “get this door sealed NOW” the spartan said as he fired a short burst behind them

3 Likes

Lorraine nodded and began to close the door as quick as she could “god d*mn hinge heads”

2 Likes

The civilian took something from the Spartan, and sealed the door with one arm.

“What did you just do?” Omar asked.

“He said seal the d*mn door! He’s giving us time, aren’t you guys the Marines?!” The civilian shouted. Omar looked to the others before nodding and running.

1 Like

Lorraine stayed close behind the others “so ONI felt like sending one of their pets here… guess someone forgot to clean up the place before guests arrived”

2 Likes

The civilian pretended to ignore her as they ran as fast as they could.

1 Like

Lorraine double checked her ammo count “anyone got a spare mag for a BR?”

2 Likes

“I wish I did.” Omar breathed as they finally exited the bridge. But he could see it. The ship. Three hundred yards away, on a landing pad adjacent to the bridge. He noticed purple specks he knew as Phantoms approaching.

1 Like