Irutra - Rahi artist (Gilahu's BP Makuta Revamps)

Name: Irutra
Kanohi: Kualsi, Great Mask of Quick Travel
Assigned region: Irutra’s Island

Irutra always had a very certain notion of how the Universe should look like and what kind of Rahi should inhabit it - a point that often led to heated arguments with the other Makuta. For Irutra Rahi were supposed to be peaceful creatures that expressed a certain natural beauty which in his eyes wasn’t at all compatible with the “killing machines” other Makuta created. He also didn’t take it very well that his peaceful Rahi that he never fitted with any natural weapons were usually wiped out by these other Rahi.
Calling the Universe not worthy of his creations he withdrew to the island assigned to him after the Great Disruption, wiped out all lifeforms on it, and started to repopulate it entirely with his creations. The other Makuta could only shake their heads on such wasted time and effort on worthless creations, but they let him be.

At the Convocation Irutra voted for Teridax after it already was clear that he would win, then returned to his island. Only a few centuries later he was struck with a catastrophe - a burst Energized Protodermis vessel of the Great Spirit Robot transformed his island and its Rahi into a poisonous swamp with nightmarish creatures in the time it took Irutra to fix the vessel. Devastated he returned to Destral, wondering about how it might be possible to finally preserve the beauty of his creations for all eternity - and he found an answer: stopping time.

He left searching for the being named Voporak whom the Brotherhood had given time-based powers some time ago. He even found him, but for reasons unknown to anyone, Irutra stepped into Voporak’s temporal aura and stayed there until his armor withered away, and his essence was left to dissipate, killing him.

And anotehr tablescrap Rahi - the Air Rayven, a peaceful Rahi at home in the air and the sea, feeding on algae. It’s not very fast, however, and possesses nothing to defend itself from predators.

Backstory and MOC based on @ToaPanda’s Makuta Irutra
I admit that in terms of backstory I took some liberties :grin:

Only a small upgrade, but one that was much needed in my opinion. I built new and longer legs which are now fully custom built and made the wings bigger. Irutra thus is now roughly the size of my other Makuta and not dwarfed by them anymore. I didn’t want to redo Irutra completely since a) he does work like this even if he’s not too special, and b) I feel like my time and resources are much better spent on getting more Makuta completed. Once that’s done I can always go back and change stuff.

Old MOC and stuff:

I feel like this is a relatively simple but good looking MOC. I somehow still really like how the Metru shoulders were used - also in the original. The torso feels really good to me - it has substance, it’s stable, and it looks good. I might replace those light grey parts on the hands with black ones eventually…
Otherwise this MOC might be a little small compared to my other Makuta (picture below) Since Irutra is neither a very important Makuta, nor a warrior I’m fine with it in this case, though. Also with 95 more Makuta MOCs to do it might be a good idea to save a few parts here and there :wink:

The next Makuta MOC in line should be original form Krika - if I could finally find a Bricklink store with enough black Bohrok eyes…

Oh, I also built a Rahi for Irutra - kinda a tablescrap:

I’ll name it… Jegaso

And here’s the picture of all my currently built Makuta MOCs (5/100)

(my desk is already getting too small for all of them…)

24 Likes

That Rahi sorta reminds me of a Pokémon.

1 Like

Rahi used Tablescrap. It wasn’t very effect.

2 Likes

@ToaPanda and everyone who cares: Updated the topic.

I like Jegaso a lot! Irutra uses a cool color scheme and looks the part of a more peaceful scientist! It’s a shame there are so few pieces in that dark gold… :+1::+1:

1 Like

Awesome but the wings are too small

1 Like

Realisticly? Yes, definitely.

For Bionicle standards I think they’re ok. :wink: