Kanae's sport - Phantoka [Worlbuilding] [Characters] [Pitch]

I was about to comment with something similar. Basically plastic rods that stick out from each side of the neck/shoulders. Then cloth stretches from those rods down to the legs, where they could peg into the leg holes on the back of the minifig legs (maybe have a single plastic piece that the cloth goes to, and that pegs in). The rods could use that piece you linked to connect to the neck.

I’m not familiar with system, so I’m not sure if this sort of thing is possible, or efficient to accomplish the intended design.

If this could work, it would free up their arms for holding the ball, though I’d be fine with just saying it’s held by their wind stream.

2 Likes

You would need some custom cloth with studs on the end to do it. A modification to the design could fix that, but I have no idea what to do.

1 Like

Either studs in the cloth, or have the cloth hook onto a plastic piece that would have the studs to peg in.

1 Like

I don’t know of there is any system cloth big enough. Some cape from freinds might be long enough though.

1 Like

Considering that the Matoran are capable of freely manipulating the elements, realism isn’t too important. That being said, the boards could be altered so that they can more easy hover, like a disk–

Wait, what if the boards are in the shape of disks? Better balance, longer air time, you could even have little handles on the side for emergency support!

2 Likes

Geedang.
What if the disks they ride on… are the balls?
It could work like this:
All players get wingsuits, and 1 is given a disk to ride on. They can pass the disk and try to get to the other side without their opponents knocking the disk out from under their feet.
Too quidditch-y?

1 Like

We have officially come full circle, I believe. I love it.

IMO, all riders should ride a disk, which has to pass thorough a goal to score a point. It makes things more interesting to have to worry about each player individually. I would say that adding a snitch equivalent makes it too close to quidditch, and also detracts from the main point of recklessly throwing ones self through a hoop.

3 Likes

The concept is nearly doone! Name disk-ussion (im sorry) will be coming up!

I honestly think that the “snitch” is nowhere near how important it is in Harry Potter, so it can be kept. Everything else is great.

2 Likes

How about the name is Kanoka (after the disks themselves)?

2 Likes

I like the discs, but what happens when they score? Do they have to glide around, looking for their disc? What if the opponents grab it?

Basically, I’m not too sure about a disc for every player. If they’re usuing their wind to float on the disc, you could just have most of the players gliding on their own.

3 Likes

In my head, they fly through the goal with their disk. They just scoop around and return to the field of play after scoring. Though that makes me think there should be a designated reentry point.

1 Like

IMO, the name “Kanoka” should be saved for something else (hint hint : its mask related) how about Rhotuka?

1 Like

But then what’s the point of the disc, if they are the ball? I don’t think those two concepts mix well.

2 Likes

That.

I think grabbing another player’s disk is fine, as long as they don’t try to knock the player off.

Since this sport is based on G1’s Akilini, and since they use Kanoka disks in that game, the name should be Kanoka.

We could scrap the ball concept entirely, if need be. Maybe save it for a different sport that’s still in Kanae.

I just don’t see a need to have them plow into the goal with the object. It takes away the point of even having an object, let alone one that’s designed for throwing.

2 Likes

The idea is that the players are balancing on the disk, like a rounded surfboard. The hoops would be large enough for a player to fit through.

When did anyone say that?

Or we can go back to the players being the balls.

I kinda agree.

2 Likes

My mistake. @jayzor17 was the one who asked about the concept for G1’s Akilini.

1 Like

But if they are using their wind to be in the air with the disc, then the concept of balancing on it seems pointless to the rest of the game. And saying the discs are what keeps them in the air, instead of their wind wouldn’t make sense.

If the object is a disc, I think it should be thrown into the goal, not carried. It would make more sense with a ball, but even then, their bodies are basically serving the same purpose.

2 Likes

So we’re back to gliders, eh? Or is anyone coming up with something new?

BTW, are we keeping the “fly into the hoop” sorta thing?

1 Like