Kraiden - silver emissary (Gilahu's BP Makuta revamps)

Name: Kraiden
Kanohi: Tryna, Great Mask of Reanimation
Assigned region: None

Backstory:

Kraiden struggled for a long time to find her place within the Brotherhood. Since she couldn’t muster enough interest to become a full-time scientist or Rahi creator, she eventually joined teh warriors, but was considered as one of this factions weakest members. Given that, instead of being sent to take care of dangers, she was tasked by Miserix with simply gathering information, being one of the Brotherhood’s many eyes and ears in the Matoran Universe.
Surprisingly, her reports turned out to be exceptionally accurate and often included things no one else had even noticed. Despite this Miserix countermanded Kraiden’s orders after Makuta had been assigned to the individual regions of the Matoran Universe and recalled her to Destral where Kraiden again became only a subpar warrior.
Teridax, however, saw potential in her, and decided to sponsor Kraiden. Thus Kraiden suddenly found herself getting fighting lessons from Gorast, being introduced to the subtleties of tactics by Xirok and learning about secrecy from Jormuntrax.

At the Convocation Kraiden naturally joined her benefactor, who subsequently assigned her as a special operative to Ornek’s Northern Army. There she was held in high regard. She exceled in stealth missions, being an excellent scout, spy and assassin and thus often clearing the way for Ornek’s army.
She accompanied the army to Zakaz and was caught with Ornek in a surprise attack by the Skakdi. After Ornek’s death, she managed to escape back to Destral, where Teridax immediately gave her a new task - to find a kill the rogue Makuta Zhun whom he saw as a potential threat to the Plan. Kraiden complied, and indeed managed to track down and hunt Zhun for three years, until…

Kraiden balanced atop a tree branch, intently watching the hooded figure near the cliffs. Rahi birds were circling overhead, their inharmonious squawking cries making her wonder who of her brethren had been heartless enough to unleash them upon the universe. There was nothing else of interest before her, only a grassy hillside and her quarry. She had been hunting him for three years and had to admit that she had enjoyed the challenge of facing someone whose skills for once nearly matched her own. But only nearly. She had chased him through half the Matoran Universe, the Southern Continent, Stelt, Revra, Xia, even Metru Nui. Why he had chosen Visorak, of all places, to finally confront her face to face, she didn’t understand, though.
She leaned forward a bit more and narrowed her eyes. This whole setup basically had “trap” written all across it, but she couldn’t detect anything out of place. She had been watching him for hours now, but all he did was stand there, wrapped in his cloak, waiting. And she could feel that it was him. What was he planning? She guessed there was only one way to find out. Silent as a Muaka she dropped to the ground and drew her sword.

As Kraiden stepped out of the forest, she canceled her Chameleon powers and her silver Protosteel armor again reflected the light. She moved slowly, keeping an eye on the hooded figure as well as her surroundings while considering what she knew about her foe. Gorast and Xirok had both told her how important it was to know an opponent. If you knew what was coming before it happened, you could plan ahead and seize the moment. Unfortunately this time she didn’t know a lot. Throughout the hunt her quarry had only displayed his powers of Teleportation, Illusion and Intangibility, nothing she would be able to use to her advantage. Since this was the first time since over 90,000 years that she got more than a few glimpses of him she didn’t even know how he fought – or if he was any good, for that matter. She dimly remembered seeing him in the training yard using twin daggers all those millennia ago, but aside from the fact that he couldn’t hide anything bigger than her own sword below that cloak, that was all she knew.

Twenty bio from him she stopped. “Zhun”, she greeted her brother.
“Kraiden.” It surprised her that she actually recognized the voice. Suddenly she felt a little unsure.
Kraiden took a deep breath. “In the name of Makuta Teridax I hereby charge you of high treason against the Brotherhood of Makuta and the Matoran Universe. You can either die here and now through my hands or accompany me to Destral, where our leader will decide your fate.” The last part hadn’t been part of her instructions, but suddenly she didn’t want to fight him. It felt… wrong.
Silence followed.
“Do you really think, I have a choice?”, Zhun eventually asked. Kraiden thought she heard a certain bitter amusement in his tone.
“Yes.” And she meant it. “Currently Teridax might be seeing you as a potential danger to the Plan, brother, but if you agree to stay on Destral until its completion, I believe that you might be allowed to join us again.”
Zhun raised a brow. “You actually believe that this ruthless monster you call your leader would consider not executing me?” He slowly shook his head. “You’re all blind and deaf. Teridax is far too mindful to let any potential obstacles to his ambitions alive. Some of our brothers and sisters already had to learn that lesson, and many still will. You’re nothing but tools to him, tools he happily discards once they’ve served their purpose.”
“No, Zhun! Teridax has a vision, a vision of making the Brotherhood take the place it deserves in this universe. You weren’t at the Convocation, you haven’t heard what we heard, haven’t seen what we’ve seen! You-”
“I’ve seen Furtaan. And Napak. And Falkin. I’ve heard about Kindrix, about Nevantar, about Xoth and Isthra, about Miserix. He’s not leading you anywhere, he’s killing you one by one, Kraiden, until only he himself will be left.”
Kraiden tried to suppress the sudden anger surging up within her. How could he talk like this about Teridax, who had always only done what he deemed best for the Brotherhood? “They were all traitors”, she said, “And Miserix was relieved from his post by a vote.”
“A vote? And that vote gave Teridax permission to simply have Miserix and his supporters executed?”
“It was for the best. Like this confrontation is. I don’t want to fight you, brother, but I’ll take care that you won’t endanger the Plan. I do believe that Teridax might let you live to serve him and even give you chance to redeem yourself, but this possibility is fully up to you.”
Slowly Zhun raised a hand to open the clasp of his cloak. The heavy cloth slid from his shoulders and landed in a heap on the ground, revealing worn, patched up armor, a curved sword and two daggers. “I won’t serve Teridax and I don’t want to be part of his Brotherhood. Never. Today his ambitions will claim another life. It might be you and me fighting, sister, but this confrontation would never have taken place if not for your dear leader.” Zhun drew his sword with one hand and one of his daggers with the other.
Kraiden raised her sword as well. It was for the best.

Kraiden eventually managed to ram her sword through Zhun’s chest, only to realize too late, that a Makuta wasn’t killed that easily. His Antidermis slowly leaking out of his chest, Zhun managed to use his dagger to decapitate Kraiden, destroying her Antidermis with his Plasma powers.

Equipment:

Kraiden’s whole equipment was made from Protosteel. She wielded a sword and carried a small shield which could emit an energy field to protect her from attacks.

MOC and basic backstory based on @Payinku’s Makuta Kraiden

If you look at both MOCs it should be pretty obvious that this time I kept pretty close to the original. Perhaps especially from the front the textures seem a little rough, but, honestly, this gives this MOC a nice G1 feel to it in my opinion.

New group pic with suboptimal background!

That’s 8 done!

C&C welcome!

25 Likes

The colours are done well, the silver is a nice highlight and the blades on the back look excellent. I’m not sure about the shield on the right arm though, maybe add some piece to show it’s an energy shield in a later revamp/update?

1 Like

That’s what the small trans blue radar dish piece is for. Basically this little shield here is only the device that can emit a larger one if needed - the original MOC also had it.

1 Like