LDD Macrofigs: Makuta, Ekimu, and Karzanhi [MOC][Pitch]

Here are my interpretations of the first two brothers as macrofigs. I started by creating minifig versions of the characters first and then applied the colors/aesthetics to there bigger macrofig counterparts.

Ekimu’s mask and shoulder armor is based off Oomatu’s amazing concept art.

If you would like to see a different color/s just ask.

UPDATE:1
Additions/improvements Ekimu’s mask, Makuta’s shoulder armor, elbow articulation, and hip articulation.

UPDATE:2
Karzanhi. 561pcs. (not including chains and pillars)
P.S. I have built the Makuta model and will take pictures and show any problems after I finish his weapon.

Comments, questions, and constructive criticism are greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

LDD Makuta & Ekimu file: http://ldd.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/569841a9-595e-47be-8baa-2c0471e352e4?index=2&loadprivate=true&memberid=a6720c5c-131a-490b-b95a-7cc8ee68efc8
Version 2
http://ldd.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/bca9909d-aad3-446d-9849-719d011b06f0?index=2&loadprivate=true&memberid=a6720c5c-131a-490b-b95a-7cc8ee68efc8

LDD Karzahni file
http://ldd.us.lego.com/en-us/gallery/6d62897e-6af4-43e7-bf75-723060b6f3e9?index=2&loadprivate=true&memberid=a6720c5c-131a-490b-b95a-7cc8ee68efc8

88 Likes

Ooh, very cool!

5 Likes

Jeez someone else beat me to it. Anyways nice job. These came out quite nice.

2 Likes

I think these are the best macrofigs I’ve seen so far, whether that be from a set or a moc. Very well done, I look forward to seeing more from you!

2 Likes

Absolutely lovely. I would pay for a set with these. Now who’s gonna make Karzahni?

1 Like

How much for each?

3 Likes

Dangit. Yours is better than mine.

1 Like

I absolutely love these. The dichotomy between them is very clear, but not too black-and-white that it leaves out a Karzahni in there. The individual colours and designs make them perfectly reminiscent of their original versions. I might make Ekimu’s mask a bit taller, maybe some more horns/antlers/spikes, but that’s my only complaint. Truly splendid, my friend.

2 Likes

Ekimu’s mask could use more prongs, but aside from that these are gorgeous. Ekimu especially stands out to me because of how the CCBS add -ons flow with the more system-based armor. I also like how the armoring continues to the back, adding a bit more dimension to the figure.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone!

Thank you very much!

Thank you. Karzahni will be slightly different from his two brothers, so coming soon;)[quote=“JediTimeLord824, post:7, topic:36798, full:true”]
Dangit. Yours is better than mine.
[/quote]
Hey JediTimeLord824, long-time no-see. Getting different perspectives is very important and helps everyone improve designs. For example I find the sword/spear you have on your Makuta macrofig to be a great addition to the design and adds to the overall Makuta vibe.

Thank you. I have increased the height and added the additional spikes/prongs as you and Stoax suggested. I do believe the changes improve the design, thank you for the suggestion.

Thank you. I added more spikes/prongs as suggested by you and Brunamal. I have redesigned Makuta’s armor to flow better with his design based off the insight you gave me about Ekimu’s aesthetic. Thank you for your comment which helped me improve on the designs.

2 Likes

I’m loving the new Makuta. The skrall armor looks really cool. The improvements on Ekimu are quite nice as well. Also was the waist articulation present in the originals?

2 Likes

Thank you PeppyBricks. The waist articulation was something I thought of while improving the designs after I had posted the originals here. I also looked into adding knee joints to the design but it compromised the structural integrity.

1 Like

I like the idea of moving knees, but it’s fine without them since normal minifigures don’t have knees.

2 Likes

Stunning. These are excellent.

2 Likes

I really love these! They would make wonderful display pieces.

3 Likes

You did all of this in LDD? Did you render it there, as well, or did you export it somehow? Looks fantastic.

2 Likes

I built the models in ldd, captured the 3d models with 3dvia-printscreen, and rendered them with simlab composer lite edition .

3 Likes

That is very good, how ever Ekimu’s staff looks like it would be really unstable and flimsy if it was to be made into a physical set.

3 Likes

I can see the staff being a little top heavy but it should be stable. I think the fingers on the hands my be a bigger issue as turning the weapon could easily cause them to fly off. None the less, I will make a physical version to work out any arising problems. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

2 Likes

Good on you and keep up the good work!

2 Likes