Lego Dimensions

So E3’s here, and from what I’ve seen, there’s been nothing new shown. Just Wave 9, which is coming out in September.

not revolutionary but new to the average consumer.

not everyone scours the news sites for info.

1 Like

Jang is one of the few who got his Dimensions set early by Lego, however he still keep his word by not reviewing them by his old quota-

3 Likes

Teen Titans go and Power Puff Reboot sets…uugh. AT LEAST the ppg can be presented more neutrally compared to the Go figures which have face prints cleary in the Go style.

2 Likes

RIP lego dimensions.

4 Likes

I think this is one of those cases where LEGO really did screw this up by themselves. The toys were too pricey for what they were, they basically killed additional revenue they could have made by focusing on more games instead of just the one, and they chased a market that had already hit its peak.

Now, to talk about what this could change when it comes to the company itself. I think TLG will be substantially more careful in the future when chasing fads, especially expensive ones like the TTL craze. Additionally, it might be time to slow down a bit when it comes to how they try to integrate technology and namely games into their sets. I understand that it’s how LEGO believes they’re going to keep their relevance in an admittedly tech-heavy world, but blunders like Life of George, Fusion, and Dimensions obviously show that fans don’t really care about such integration (aside from Mindstorms. Those babies are pretty great).

This leads into my final point, what will this mean to us, the fans of LEGO and the consumers of this product line? Well for one, it means we’re not getting anymore really cool WB minifigs. Like sure, they didn’t have dedicated sets, but having the chance to own a man as manly as Mr. T was cool gosh darn it. Besides that, I don’t think we’re going to be missing a whole lot.

5 Likes

While they still haven’t post an official response (Twitter, Lego News) of the theme closing, they somewhere mention that Flash (DC), The Mistress (Doctor Who), and a Minecraft expansion pack were planned before/after Lord Vortech release. They also planned to create a scanning machine to copy IRL builds into the game.

The ending was way too obvious compared to Bionicle G2 (pricey, good molds, plot is unjustified), I just hope Lego won’t allow something like this again since this is one reason why they’re losing revenue.

edit:

It was promised to be released similar to G2 Makuta, and look what we got.

2 Likes

Did Vortech ever even come out?

Why must Lego torture me like this

Now its official

3 Likes

It’s that time of year again:

https://i.imgur.com/8bWnGbt.png

2 Likes

$1.99? I thought it was called the 99 Cents Store for a reason. Guess I’ll try to get there sometime soon, maybe this weekend.

All right, story time. A few weeks ago I went and visited the new Big Lots that recently opened in my area. Back in the far left corner of the store, they had at least fifty copies each of the 2015 Starter Pack, the 2016 Fantastic Beasts Story Pack, and the 2016 Ghostbusters Story Pack all stacked deep on the aisle. They we all marked at twenty USD. I was stunned to say the least, but I didn’t purchase any due to the lack of decent recolors the sets contained. But man, it’s a testament to how poorly this theme sold to see so many of them stuck in this discount store so many years later.

2 Likes