Lego Message Boards Closing & Q&A Topic Saving Contest

I won’t be able to do that much, but I may be able to screenshot specific answers on request.

1 Like

Oh.

So this happened.

Real shame that it had to close.

://

1 Like

@Sepublic22 @MagicNinja6195
I just realized that a post of mine went through that involved migrating to the TTV Message Boards (here). Since you guys had mentioned trying to get friends to immigrate here, I thought you might be interested in the fact. You should be able to mention these boards and joining here as long as you don’t mention any personal information.

I was unsure if this would work, so I thought you might want confirmation that this is something the Mods won’t reject. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

I would personally love to see this. Always been a Ninjago fan, but the community here has also been consistently…small. Hoping this might make it grow.

3 Likes

There is. It’s Role Playing.

1 Like

Well, on the LMBs the RP sub-forums actually used the entire forum as their role-play environment, with the individual topics being various locations for the users to role-play in. If someone was going to a different location, then they just go to the topic for that location.

1 Like

That would get pretty spammy extremely quick. It’s easier to keep a single RP to a single topic. :wink:

3 Likes

The weird thing is, I’ve RPed with both styles, and they both have seemed to work. shrug

1 Like

Except the Boards can’t host both styles.
The way it’s laid out and the traditional way it has been done on the site would make the newer style die out quick.

3 Likes

I’m not suggesting that the Boards use both. I’m just saying that both work. Which means a Ninjago RP here would be different than it is on the LMBs, but it would still work.

1 Like

We’d have to see how the others will feel about it, because the rules for the RP itself was actually set up by the users themselves.

1 Like

I’m not sure how much of a choice they would have on that subject, given how these Boards work. Like Plural said, the LMB format wouldn’t really work here.

1 Like

Yeah, but as long as we get someplace to rp with each other again, that’ll be fine

2 Likes

While this is unfortunate for those that use the LEGO Message Boards, on the bright side this means that unofficial LEGO communities will grow larger, which is a really big plus.

1 Like

But what’s even more unfortunate is that there are still those parents who don’t trust other sites. I mean, the LMBs even had a forum for parents. :frowning:

1 Like

Can it be a screenshot of the actual pages?

1 Like

Please update if someone has done it already, because I’m doing it right now.

1 Like

I have a set of the saved webpages on the right now. Should be done fairly soon, if all has gone well. A second set might still be good though :smiley:
EDIT: Looks like I’ve only actually gotten ~60 pages so far. I’ll try to keep it going…

1 Like

Kids, too.
I was wary about joining BZP when I was little.
Actually, I was just wary about the internet in general. I don’t know why.

2 Likes

Guys, I found this post that WhiteAlligator made, [quote] “We are absolutely not throwing anyone away and I can assure you there was a second, third, and many more thoughts leading to this decision. It is a difficult but necessary change at this time, but it is not a reflection on the awesome users here or how much we appreciate you all.” [/quote]

Edited formatting -legomaster

1 Like