Lego Space Timeline Theory

We all know and love Lego space stuff, right? Well, here I’m going to try to piece together a timeline of all the space themes so far.

• Pre-allien era
    1. Space (City)/ Launch Command/ Spaceport
      • this is clearly the least advanced theme, when minifigures were still trying to reach deep space.
    2. Classic space (And Exo Suit)
      • At this point, they were still exploring moons and asteroids, hence the lack of aliens.
  • Mining era (The next few could be reordered, or have taken place parallel to each other.)
    3. Life on Mars
    - After exploring some of the asteroids and moons, they went to Mars, met a race of friendly aliens, and decided to go back with mining vehicles.
    4. Rock Raiders
    - This mining mission probably takes place parallel to Life on Mars.
    5. Ice Planet 2002
    - Another parallel mining theme
    6. Aquazone
    - Basicly Ice Planet 2002, but under water.
    7. Mars Mission
    - They came back to Mars, but find the friendly aliens gone. Apparently, another alien species came to mine as well, and had eradicated the friendly aliens entirely.
  • Alien Invasion
    8. UFO
    - I presume these were scouting mission by aliens to Earth.
    9. Alien conquest
    - The aliens invade.
  • Factioned Space era (This obviously takes place much later, after Earth figures out how to go intergalactic.)
    10. Galaxy Squad
    - Insectoid aliens (probably descendants of the Insectoids) Finally get to Earth’s first colonies in space after being summoned by the Monster Fighters.
    11. Everything else except Insectoids
    - At this point, humanity and aliens and everyone is in space. I plan on actually making a story serial on all of these taking place parallel to each other

You may have noticed the lack of Insectoids. This is simply because of its lack of overlap with other themes, so I can’t really order it. But, as previously stated, I’m guessing that the minifigures from Insectoids died, but the actual insectoid aliens over time evolved to be more minifigure like, and created space ships based on the ancient ones built by the line’s minifigures, and became the villains from Galaxy Squad.

Also note that none of this is cannon. It’s only a theory.

29 Likes

This is definitely interesting.

3 Likes

This is is a pretty nice timeline, everything makes sense. :smile:

6 Likes

@JoeScibelli @Hutere_the_Toa_of_Air @AMETHYSTDONTDOTHATstudios @Vuhii @Leoxandar thanks!

4 Likes

Very interesting and quite well done.

1 Like

I gotta say, all of this makes sense. Really, it does. They work nicely and fit together nicely. Space police works under the “Faction-ed Space era” right?

3 Likes

this actually isn’t too bad, fun to think about

2 Likes

Pretty nifty. It matches up with my own pretty nicely so far.

Of course.

1 Like

I love me some lego timelines. Good job with this one!

2 Likes

But what about Power Miners?

1 Like

That’s on Earth.

3 Likes

I like the mars mission part, that’s a headcanon of mine.
I also imagine the humans investigating caves and findin (to their horror) the skeletons of the humans who stayed on mars and the alien mars natives.

I remember in “the Lego Book”, they stated the aliens in mars mission weren’t martians, so it works.

I might add a non-canon amendment:
I also prefer thinking that it was the alien conquest commander who started the galaxy squad thing as a last resort (because the monster fighter thing is dumb to me) - especially with the visual similarities in the armor suits to the ADU, the way the aliens look like some sort of bio-weapon designed to kill humans, the fact that they trap them in cocoons (perhaps to bring them back to the aliens to harvest their brainpower?
Galaxy squad was really cool, though.

3 Likes

Even though I don’t think the space themes were originally meant to be connected, you managed to make a timeline that clearly connects them all

2 Likes

You’re missing several themes here. Futuron, M:tron, Exploriens, Spyrius, Blacktrons I-II, Space Polices I-III, Star Justice, Space Skulls, Biff Starling/Sandy Moondust, RoboForce, Unitron, Launch Command, Space Port, CMF Space 'figs, Ideas Exo-Suit, and even Aquazone and Time Cruisers all should be placed in the timeline.

2 Likes

This actually makes some sense

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that would fit somewhere in Classic Space.

1 Like

Most of those fall under factioned space. Space Skulls seems like a faction of space police. Launch Command and Space Port go along with City Space, maybe Biff and Sandy, too. I considered putting all the figures on the list, but it would’ve taking a long time, and I’m guessing you can figure out where they go. Exo-Suite goes under Classic Space. As for Time Cruisers and Aquazone, I wasn’t aware that they were in space. Huh.

Edit: I checked, and neither Aquazone nor Time Cruisers are space themes. You May have been thinking of Sea-Tron, but that was never released.

2 Likes

That’s a very interesting theory. If I remember correctly though, the final Mars Mission story piece we got was a peace treaty from the Aliens, saying their weapons were for self-defense, and they didn’t mean to attack the Astros. This is furthered by the first mission of the Alien campaign in the Mars Mission RTS, where the Aliens discover an Astro mining machine, and accidentally blow it up, even saying “Oops” afterward.

Other than that though, a solid theory. I like how Space Police could potentially be linked to Mars Mission and such, lots of fun head-canon.

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware of that “self defence” thing. Wow, that’s lame.

3 Likes