LEGO Star Wars Topic

Oh well. As long as I can get my hands on the carbonite freezing chamber i’ll be fine.

1 Like

I just check LEGO S@H and I couldn’t see it. :cry:

Maybe the sets are going to be a spring release?

Just Nabbed Takadona today.
Very nice set.
Figures are great.

2 Likes

[quote]
LEGO Assault on Hoth™ Base will Challenge Even the Most Skilled Fan Builders
Experienced builders can recreate the Rebel Force’s Echo Base from Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back in an unbelievably detailed recreation of one of the most iconic scenes in the original Star Wars trilogy. The 2,144-piece building set inspires fans to build their own scouting missions with the Snowspeeder, armed with twin spring-loaded shooters, and get back to base on the speeder bike to help Luke, Han and the other Rebel heroes. The modular design enables fans to customize their Rebel base configuration, including a Wampa cave and Wampa figure. The set features LEGO minifigure versions of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Toryn Farr, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, K-3PO, and more. Available May 1 for $249.99.[/quote]

Get hyped guys! :smile:

Source

3 Likes

That things’s gonna be insane. And dang, LEGO has been releasing a ton of massive sets lately…

2 Likes

Eh…It doesn’t sound that great. They’re taking the Death Star playset’s approach–which is to include a bunch of iconic locations, and condense them into small, poorly-detailed versions of themselves.

Plus, Echo Base doesn’t scream “exciting” to me. I mean, what can they do? The control room, the bacta tank room, wampa cave which isn’t even part of the baseand…that’s pretty much it. :confused:

I’ll wait for pictures to actually judge the set, but honestly, I just wish we were getting Cloud City. :frowning:

2 Likes

Don’t forget the hall where Han and Leia argue. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously, this set is actually worse than I expected. There’s a door, a few trenches, some guns, and a tiny shield generator…This set isn’t worth anything close to $250.

6 Likes

It’s literally just the New Hoth Attack set, the newest snowspeeder, the '10 Wampa Cave, and the '07 Rebel Base.

It’s good for the people who missed out on literally ever Hoth set ever, but if you’ve already bought the aforementioned products, you’re probably not gonna get anything out of it.

Maybe this is the reason why a new Death Star UCS is rumored to come out this year in addition to Assault on Hoth, to give the people saving their money something that they will purchase instead of Assault on Hoth. /s

2 Likes

Okay, between this and the rest of the new 2016 sets, I’m convinced that LEGO Star Wars is suffering from an intense case of ridiculous-amount-of-parts-packed-into-a-single-model syndrome. The piece counts keep climbing, but it seems like the set sizes keep shrinking. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well, still better odds than stumbling upon this thing:

2 Likes

They call it Assault On Hoth even though there are only two guys attacking.

3 Likes

I agree, they could have added more imperial troopers but if you’ve been collecting star wars for a while you probably already have enough to complete the layout. The wampa cave doesn’t really belong in this set although it is a nice gesture.

1 Like

The Hoth Starter Pack™.

3 Likes

Pretty sure in the hoth set its caused by the attempts to add snow details to things that honestly should not have been included anyway. The Wompa Cave for example doesn’t fit with the whole ‘assault on hoth’ idea they had going and most the rest of the set simply doesn’t fit. Should have just had the main base piece with added bulk/detail rather than lots of smaller outcroppings.

2 Likes

Yeah, a sort of Modular Buildings style Hoth base with different interior sections would have been wonderful (though I suppose it would lack playability). If we got something akin to a scaled down Brickpulmber Hoth base, that would’ve been sweet:

2 Likes

But more expensive than a used car.

2 Likes

Just got the FO Stormtrooper buildable figure. It is very nice. Nicer than (to me) the Bionicle sets of this year in both quality and appearance.
The joints are solid and have just the right amount of friction; not too tight, not too loose (looking at you, my copy of Lewa :unamused:). The build is simple but effective, but you’re really not getting this for the build as much as you are for the character.

I highly recommend the First Order Stormtrooper, and that’s not just so that you can make all of the TR-8R jokes you want, but because it is a great set and a relatively reasonable price. :+1:

1 Like