Loot Crate

##SECOND MESSAGE BOARD TOPIC… ACTIVATE!!!

HEY (again) everyone! WajKnight here :smile:

(now for something completely different…)

Y’know today it seems like all the big YouTube channels are sponsored by some subscription service company/platform, (cough audible trial dot com forward slash ttv cough :smile:). Lately a lot of channels that I’ve watched, like TheJWittz, PeanutButterGamer, The Game Theorists, Blunty3000 etc. have been sponsored by this company called Loot Crate.

Loot Crate is of the monthly-box variety of subscription services, like Nature Box or Dollar Shave Club, (most commonly seen sponsoring RoosterTeeth’s vids :stuck_out_tongue:). Basically, you can sign up for a 1, 3, 6, or 12 month plan, and they’ll send you a box filled with an assortment of ‘geek and gamer’ items that relate to some theme, that changes every month. The most recent theme was ‘FANTASY’ for April 2015. The items in the box can range from awesome exclusive merchandise, to incredibly cheap and pointless doodads.

So…

I thought I’d give it a try! :smiley:

I signed up for 3 months, because it seemed like the best deal. And today, along with getting a certain Bionicle set. I got my April Loot Crate stuffed in my mailbox.

(Obligatory picture is obligatory)

How I rank the items, from best to worst: ■■■■■, Cards/Bag tag, BowTie, Magnets, Usb, Crown.

Red Dungeons & Dragons ■■■■■ [Pretty good, was hoping for a Game of Thrones ■■■■■ though :frowning:]

Princess Bride deck of Playing Cards [A deck of cards, whoop-de-freakin-doo :stuck_out_tongue:]

Harry Potter 9 3/4 Bag Tag [This is a neat item. I’m probably going to attach it to my bag when I go travelling :smile:]

http://i.imgur.com/6afl4ve.jpg

D&D BowTie [meh. May wear it, but I’m not really that into bowties…]

Game of Thrones Magnet Set [Sticking these to my fridge would probably get me strange looks from my family members, who don’t know or watch G.O.T.]

http://i.imgur.com/Yn3CfhF.jpg

Game of Thrones Stark Sigil Exclusive 4GB USB [It’s pretty cheaply made, and I mean 4GB? I would probably never use this. (maybe to store half and episode of G.O.T. :stuck_out_tongue:) It’s pretty sad that G.O.T. got the short end of the stick, when it came to exclusives. I was really looking forward to the items, because I love G.O.T., and because Loot Crate heavily marketed the inclusion of G.O.T. items. To say the least, I was disappoint.]

http://i.imgur.com/HsudKVk.jpg

Inflatable crown [Wait what? Why? Just. Why? Why even? When would I ever use this?]

##So, I wanted to ask you guys, have you heard of Loot Crate?

#what do you think of subscription services like these?

###(also, what’s your stance on youtube sponsorships? :stuck_out_tongue:)

6 Likes

I have… but they aren’t in my interest…

1 Like

Yeah, I wasn’t completely sure if I’d like it or not. The themes are pretty random… I wonder if my decision to get a subscription was worth it… [sigh]. Whatever, this whole thing is one big experiment for me, anyway :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

(I hope the items for May are cooler.)

1 Like

I heard of Loot Crate and I’m considering it.
Because Loot Crate looks fantastic in my opinion.

1 Like

It’s alright I guess. Truly I think the April box is most likely a weaker one than some of the others that they’ve had in the past.

Btw, the next month’s theme is ‘UNITE’, and apparently it’ll be filled with items from: Marvel’s Avengers, Power Rangers, Team Fortress 2, Bravest Warriors, Rick and Morty, and more. (I literally just copied that text from the email they sent :stuck_out_tongue:).

So… if you’re into that, wynaut?

It’s just because I have to finish some things.
Then I get Loot Crate.

2 Likes

I NEED TO SUBSCRIBE RIGHT NOW

Heard of Loot Crate, always liked the concept. Been thinking of a subscription for ages.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of it, and always wanted it, but sadly, I can’t afford it. :cry:

1 Like

heard of it
don’t care about it, seems useless, I do enjoy watching Ashens unboxing of them though
As for youtube sponserships?

honestly, I do not care
hey, as long as the youtubers don’t become these hollow shells that repeat the same joke over and over and think its somehow funny.

3 Likes

Ya, Ashens unboxing vids are pretty great! :smile:

Indeed.

I guess if it doesn’t cause the youtuber to spiral into a cycle of mediocrity, for the sake of making a quick buck, then I don’t really mind them all too much :smile:.

I got the December 2014 one.
It was meh.
I read through the booklet, and all the people that took pictures of their crates looked like the type of people I would leave in a hole that gets no sunlight.

I would appreciate an anime themed loot crate tho.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve seen that the December 2014 one wasn’t that great.

That’d be schweet if it happened.

Though I wonder what anime they would represent… probably whatever’s popular at the time. I can totally see them doing something like the theme ‘SPACE COWBOY’, filled with items from Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Space Dandy, Outlaw Star, etc. or maybe ‘MECHA’, with items from Gundam, Gurren Lagann, Fullmetal Panic, Code Geass, etc.

But bow ties are cool! :wink:

But anyway, I’m not completely sold on the idea. If they had more specific themes (like having Fantasy be the theme every month), it might be more interesting to me. As it is, it just looks like mostly-useless trinkets that would clutter up my already-cluttered room. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Heard of it…I think it’s cool. I just don’t really plan on signing up.

Keep us posted on what ya get though. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Will do! :smiley: :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

I know dem feels…

Not for Loot Crate…, but definitely for other things… :stuck_out_tongue:

(definitely :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

A fing inflatable fing crown!

4 Likes

#Welp. :confused:

It’s that time of time again… :clock12:

Lettuce take a look at the disappointing Lüt Craet for May 2015.

This month’s theme was ‘Unite’, and it was advertised to include items from: Marvel’s Avengers, Power Rangers, Team Fortress 2, Bravest Warriors, Rick and Morty, and more (the ‘more’ being, a magazine nobody reads).

(Obligatory pictures are very obligatory)

How I rank the items, from best to worst:

Bravest Warriors comic / Power Rangers ■■■■■,

Rick and Morty puzzle,

Team Fortress 2 pins,

Avengers Ice Cube Tray / Avengers Decal / Mad magazine / Avengers shoelaces.

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers ■■■■■ [Probably the best item in the box, kinda wished for a Team Fortress 2 or Rick and Morty ■■■■■ tho…]

http://i.imgur.com/oXcvvrT.jpg

Bravest Warriors: Tales from the Holo John Vol. 1 [I like watching the series on Cartoon Hangover, so, maybe this comic will be good, idk :smile:]

Mad Magazine [I’ve never read a Mad magazine before, but it honestly doesn’t look all-too interesting…]

http://i.imgur.com/QXjMha2.jpg

Avengers Ice Cube Tray [This may or may not surprise you, but I’m not really a Marvel Cinematic Universe fan. Regardless of that fact, I don’t find these Avengers items to be all that good. I mean, c’mon, they could’ve done way better than a freakin’ Ice Cube Tray! How 'bout a ■■■■■? Or maybe a small figurine, idk? These novelty items are just a bit too silly/useless for my liking]

Avengers Decal [It’s a decal… were you expecting me to elaborate? Stick it on schtuff I guess…]

Avengers Shoelace [This may just be me, but I don’t actually wear any shoes that have laces. So, um… uh… to me it’s useless. But, it’s not really anything special]

http://i.imgur.com/XmoCqs4.jpg

Rick and Morty Puzzle [I really like Rick and Morty, and was expecting something more, like maybe a poster or ■■■■■ or something. The puzzle looks quite nice tho :wink:]

http://i.imgur.com/vkeJoMp.jpg

Team Fortress 2 Pins [Okaay. So, their pins. I like the designs on them, but again, I was expecting a little something more than pins]

##Well, there you have it folks!

##Maybe it wasn’t as disappointing as I first thought…

##Twas certainly a bit better than last month’s crate, that’s for sure :smiley:

##So… what do you guis think?

#what are your opinions on Loot Crate?

(honestly, I’m somewhat regretting my subscription. better luck next month!)

5 Likes

You can sell the stuff you don’t need and/or are useless to you, on eBay, Craigslist, etc…

1 Like

#Took me a couple hours, but I finished making the Rick and Morty puzzle! :smiley:
http://i.imgur.com/CfAWWlA.png

I kinda want to frame it now. It looks awesome!

(also, woot! I did some actual photo editing for once! :smile:)

Yeah, I think I will do that :smile:.

6 Likes