Machine Wars - Escape from Cybertron (sign-up and OOC discussion)

Well… Right now.

So simply have them go in a underground Decepticon Prison and fight?

If they would happen to be close the dugged up entrance, they might hear the battle.

Thank goodness. Trying to fight an arm with just claws, and weakened scales is hard. Especially when they have ranged weapons.

Good to have the support.

I don’t know why I didn’t posted it before. Here are some profiles.
Name: Swarm Unit
Faction: Starscream’s hoards
Appearance:

Alt-mode: Armoured truck
Weapons: Arms that can turn into triple-barrelled heavy blasters, in addition with the right one being able to turn into a hammer.
Bio: The ultimate form of the swarm drones, being mutated in it by Starscream.

Name: Scrapmetal Unit
Appearance:

Alt-mode: Truck with turret on it’s back
Weapons: Huge handblaster
Bio: The ultimate form of the scrapmetal drones, being mutated in it by Starscream.

Name: Jet Unit
Appearance:

Alt-mode: Jet
Weapons: Two arm cannons.
Bio: The ultimate form of the jet drones, being mutated in it by Starscream. Well, sort of. All of them have a weak point on their back.
At least for now…

@Toa_Vladin

Yeah, okay no. I did not join this RP to get Autohitted while also having an unfair fight.

Other standard rules include no autohitting.

I understand completely that you are the GM of this RP but, Starscream for starters is a Ghost who can’t get damage but he can inflict upon people. That in a fight is unfair. And now you autohit and do things without giving me the proper reaction time, how is that fair? I mean this isn’t even a boss fight like Voltex literally came down in that tunnel and what happens? He meets a ghost which he has no chance in defeating…I mean, come on. You have to think about my side and how I see this as well.

He is simply a boss that you have to outsmart.

Taking a person by the shoulders and throwing him on the ground is no autohit.

If by reaction time you mean the ability to simply move a body part and dodge every attack, then also no. You quoted the no metagaming rule, but this is kinda what you are doing. You imply that either Starscream is incredibly dumb, to the point that he cannot grab something that is in front of him, or that Voltex is the best ninja ever.
I am not against such moves, but never twice in a row, especially towards a boss. His whole point is for the heroes to learn to defeat him to deserve the salvation, not to dodge every attack because conventional attacks don’t work.

Every fight with Starscream is a boss fight.a smaller one, granted, but one nonetheless.

By punching at least.

So, Starscream’s gonna be a recurring Boss Fight? That ought to be fun seeing as how he will act as a way to test out new tricks and abilities.

Basically. It’s related to the Oracle.
At least from what I brainstormed so far.

1 Like

He is a Ghost, how can you do anything against a Ghost?

Oh, it is Autohit.

Who said anything about me implying Starscream is really dumb? You are going up against someone who has training, skill, and experience. Of course, he will be able to dodge those things. I mean, stating that it is impossible would be saying that Muhammad Ali didn’t have the reflexes to dodge more than three punches at once. I’m saying this for reference sakes. Because he literally has the fastest reflexes a boxer can ever have.

You never stated it was, only now. But that doesn’t matter.

Look. I’m not going to countlessly punch something that cannot be punched.

as GM, Vladin reserves the right to do some autohitting. However, he is trying to keep it to a minimum.

As for how to beat a ghost, Starscream can be hurt when possessing a body and I imagine some forms of energy can also hurt his actual ghost, or (at the very least) disrupt it.

A ghost also hasn’t got the limits of a body to hamper its movement as much but, seeing as how, by my reckoning, we’re still fairly early in the story, Starscream’s gonna feel unbeatable for a time until we get a means to significantly damage him (whether that’s by an upgrade or a strategy, I don’t know).

I did not see as my dodging as unfair. How was that unfair?

Watch a random ghost movie.

As long as the characters isn’t taking any significant damage I can’t see why you get so triggered.

The action of having such moves implies it.

But I am not allowing two such moves one after another.

He never fought a ghost.

It was obvious that he was a boss.
You just weren’t in the game for long enough.

Then think of another method. [quote=“BlackBeltGamer98, post:229, topic:49784”]
Starscream can be hurt when possessing a body and I imagine some forms of energy can also hurt his actual ghost, or (at the very least) disrupt it.
[/quote]

Plus he is…
You know…
Starscream.
“You are either lying or you’re stupid!”

1 Like

I already said why. Starscream is significantly taller and stronger, and he should be able to simply grab something that is right in his face.
But you have multiple other advantages.

Yeah, if I recall, most Cybertronians from the Beast Wars era are comparable in height to a modern human.

Yeah, okay. I don’t want to discuss too much about this. I guess I’ll let my character get beaten because so wills the GM, for whatever reason.

But they are quite shorter than the old Transformers.

Starscream is here to stay. He will not be defeated (at least not for good) by any NPC, and unless I write in something to make the story easier (tho this takes away from the fun) the only way to defeat him is via an inovation coming from any one of your characters. That’s it: he is a test.
Not to mention that just because you crunched backwards doesn’t mean he can’t grab you.

1 Like

OK, (hopefully) monthly Advice Day.
I’ve observed in the last few weeks that the rp has like these “pockets” of activity, where it goes strong for a few days and then silence for a few more.
I would like all of the active players to give me some advice about the story narrative, how to improve the game so that the activity would be more fluid. I also want to know which of the current plotlines you think is the best and which one needs improvement the most.

@Toa_Vladin okay who should I attack now? You said them but not them so now what?

Leave it like that.
You should tho starts reading the profiles that I linked in the main topic, so you get a better idea of who I am talking about when I mention somebody.