Machine Wars - Escape from Cybertron

Everybody goes silent as 9 pairs of eyes stare at him (except for Sea Phantom’s, but he was also listening).
“Take this!” Jetfire said, throwing his cards on the table.
“Slag you!” Thrust yelled, angrily. “Slag your magna fuses!”

“Now.” Halfshell told her while running. “This whole thing is meant to be only a rescue mission, we just wait for them to show up and we take them away. I think it’s obvious that we are not going to do that.”

Razorclaw pulled out her sniper rifle and redied it, lining the scope to her eye.
“Tell you what. How about you worry about getting your pals. I’ll give you all the covering fire I can.”

“We are going to attack the Vehicons, but not in a savage way! We are going to need a plan!”

“First, we need to see if there’s some way, to get these off. I might be able to snip mine open, but it’ll be hard to do that without them noticing. Any ideas on how to distract them?”

“Plans are for Maximals. I know what I’m doing.”

“Yeah… I think I got one…” Sea Phantom said, staring at the Vehicons.
“Why are you laughing?” Jetstorm asked Quake.
Quake didn’t responded, as he looked into his card, chuckling.
“Why are you laughing?” Jetstorm repeated himself, now a little more irritated.
Quake put his cards on the table. “Take that! I finally won!”
“Impressive! But not enough to beat me!” Jetstorm said as he threw his cards on the table, before putting his hands behind his back and leaning on the back of the chair.
“God, slagit!” Quake yelled punching the table.
“I don’t understand! How does he always beats us?” Thrust asked his loosing friend.
“Hey you! You three!” Sea Phantom told the three generals, who turned their heads to them.
“What?” Quake asked.
“Me and my turtle friend over here are pretty good at poker! Maybe we can show you some moves to win the jet guy!”
“Say what now?” Snapper asked confused.

“Plans are for the sane ones! We don’t even know where exactly they are! First we have to scan the perimeter!”

Manta sighed, seeing them leaving. She then turned to the others, and looked one by one at the ones who remained: Forager, Moley, Gigatread, Transwarp, Slyther, Drill Bit and Beetle (I think these are all).
“OK guys. With that said, let’s get moving to the tower. If we move fast, who knows? Maybe tomorrow we will be in a paradise or something…”
@BlackBeltGamer98 @Chromeharpoon @meepinater

1 Like

“No kidding, I lost an entire ■■■■■■■■ of energon to them once! each!” Scaleraker said, playing along.

“Alright, alright. Fine. You want me to scout ahead then? I can get in, out, and back with all the intell you’ll need.”

“What are you doing? What the hell are you doing?” Snapper said, still not getting it.
One ■■■■■■■■ of Energon?!” Weirdwolf yelled shocked. “I losted two and the ship. What the hell hav’ya done to it, Snapper?”
“I… I uhm…” Snapper froze.

“First let’s get there, then we’ll see.”

“Sounds good to me.”
She stoed her rifle on her back and leaned backwards. Relaxing a bit before jumping head first into the carnage that soon lay ahead.

“So what’s the deal with these friends of yours anyway?”

“Last I saw it was in the shop on the other side of the planet!”

“They are my team. I picked them up from the worst places ever, and I feel responsible to protect them. They almost are like family to me.”

“Yeah! Right! I remember now!” Scylla said. “Really, Snapper! You are a master gambler!”
“Heck, you are even better than Somekescreen!” Coelagon added.
“Old timer, Smokescreen is nothing compared to these two lads over here!” Weirdwolf told them.
Quake and Thrust really seemed to be considering the idea of freeing the two to help them at poker.

“eh, Smokescreen. He couldn’t win without cheating! These two don’t need to!”

“Aw, that’s sweet.”
She replied in a half mocing tone.
'The closest thing I’ve ever had to family got wiped the frag out by Megatron and that virus. I’m the only one who’s left."
She said, now speaking with a dry and deadpan tone.

“I say we try it!” Thrust said.
“Yes! Let’s try it!”
Hooooold on just a sec.” Jetfire interfered. “We are not letting the prisoners loose just for such a futile reason!”
There were a few moments of silence, before Inferno silently breaking it.
“Coward!”
“Yeah, you are afraid to loose!” Blastcharge continued.
“What?! No, I am definitely not!” Jetfire said.

“I am… Uhm… Sorry…”

“Of course you are! Who wouldn’t be? I mean, these guys are masters!”

"Don’t be. I’m not broken up about it. People die. Slag happens. Getting upset about losing people, even the ones closest to you, it doesn’t do you any good.’
Razorclaw spoke in a very apathetic and uncaring tone of voice. Though if one were to listen very closely, they might here a mild tremble to her words. Hinting that there may be more to her thoughts than she let on.

Forager sighs, but he couldn’t complain, even though he wanted to.

“Lead the way, boss-lady,” he groans.

The Seacons and Vehicons started booing Jetfire.
“Come on, JF!” Thrust told him. “Just one match!”
“Yeah, their weapons are in that one magnetic train station anyway!” Quake completed.
Under the pression of his fellow generals and of the booing masses, Jetfire collapsed.
“Fine. free the two! But if they escape it’s your fault.”
“We also need Weirdwolf.” Sea Phantom quickly said.
“What?! Why?” Jetfire asked, taken aback by the sudden request to free not two, but three of the prisoners.
“'cause I’m a Nebulon, that’s why! We practically invented this game!”
“But you just said you lost in front of…”
“Boo! Boo!” Weirwolf started booing.

“How about… You tell me about them?”

Manta pointed to the tower, as the sun was slowly but surely raising behind it.
“There it is! Transform and head out!” she said, turning to her flying manta ray mode and taking off. Beetle and Drill Bit also turned in their bug modes, as they followed her on the rumbles of the streets.

Forager climbs onto Moley, who warbles as he begins to rumble after the party.