Makuta Mellex - The scientist

Told you the main villain would look better than his minions! And yes, I am going to titanize his legs later!.. probably…

=============

Makuta Mellex is one of the more… incompetent makuta. Not because of his intelligence or skills, he has plenty of those, even more so of the former than most makuta, no he’s considered incompetent because of his bodies physical frailty and his tendency to preform experiments… dangerous to his, and other Makuta’s, health.
Oh sure, the benefits reaped are usually worth it but the consequences and dangers are still great enough that most, if not all of the Makuta, feel that he is quite incompetent for a Makuta, that they could do it without the risk basically, and it infuriates him.

It’s even worse because, to put it simply, he is one of the most pompous and egotistical of them all, he quite literally believes himself to be above nigh-all of them with only Teridax as his rival, a rival he believes he will soon pass (as long as he can finally get his greatest experiment to work properly.)

He’s always been one of the least stable of Makuta. The island he was ‘assigned’ to was picked specifically for its lack of sentient life, and a good choice that was. For even before Teridax’s takeover, and the Makuta’s subsequent draining of light, he was quite… cruel, evil in his own ways, he would tear unknown rahi apart just so as to know how they worked and then to rebuild them in a more ‘efficient, perfected’ form.

His island is one of the few prohibited islands. Made so just because of the danger if his ‘creations’ were to escape. It is populated with giants, mutants, uncontrollable beings (even for Mellex) that can rival even a Makuta’s power, rahi designed to capture their ‘prey’ and to keep it alive for as long as possible, and his favourite, visorak, from one’s of unknown powers and mutations to one’s so changed and feral that their own kind avoid them in fear.
Luckily Mellex had thought of the potential dangers and repercussions and had given all his ‘creations’ two fatal flaws, a physical lack of the ability to swim/breathe in water and a genetic lack to ever gain the ability, or function, to fly.

He is also the cause of the attack, and subsequent mutations, upon Dragos’s village (not that either learned of that fact for quite a long time), having been testing out the control his favourite ‘pet’ (which will be made eventually) had over a few visorak swarms he had managed to find.

Personality: Mellex is, in simple, a pompous, egotistical, fool, even despite owning an intelligence that could rival many of the other Makuta, especially when it came to rahi creation (despite his many failures and… dangers whenever he made them).

He will never admit defeat and is always striving to be better than he is, to gain a position in his life, one of a Makuta greater than Teridax, that he will most likely never obtain.

He considers all other beings his test subjects, and if he can capture them he will do just so.

He is easily angered by insults to his intelligence, skills and competence. Of course dangers come with this, while he may commit some more foolish actions, have his reason blurred through anger, he may also choose to ‘punish’ the offender, performing purposefully more painful, dangerous and gruesome experiments upon them if he catches them, and he never forgets one who has insulted him.

Other attributes: He fights using his two favourite, and most used, scientific tools, two scalpels, so bloodstained they’re practically infused with the pain they’ve caused and the blood they’ve spilt.

He is physically quite frail compared to most Makuta, sure, he can still easily overpower most lone toa, but against teams he has no chance, which is also why he usually fights through the use of his ‘controllable’ creations and hired mercenaries.

His lower arms are prosthetic, having to be replaced after being ‘lost’ in one of his more dangerous, if also most beneficial, experiments, which also was the one that created his favourite ‘pet’.

Pose and Quotes:

Pose & Quote - 1: Subject

“A perfect, new subjects. My knives could use a new polish of blood. Ah-ah-ah.~”

Pose and Quote - 2: Insulted

“How dare you! I am Makuta Mellex! I will be the greatest of all Makuta! I have made armies! Invented species that can rival Toa! I am greater than all of you! DIE!"

============

Head design is from @Petrus, the how to can be found here HowTo: MOC Tutorials - #1206 by KAI_BORG

Funny thing is that i was originally planning for this guy to be the ‘successful’ minion/henchmen I was talking about in the simple built versions topic but after making his torso I just immediately went ‘Welp. This guys the Makuta now! Looks like the other mask will be for the Hechmen/minion then!’

XD

14 Likes

Nice torso, but the limbs could use a bit more to them. I’m not opposed to things being simple, but the legs are too short and the arms feel pretty thin.

The legs will most likely be titan-ized later, I had to use what I could find at the time.
As for the arms, Ima say that’s to show off what I meant by him being frailer than most Makuta.
Thanks!

Looks off. I don’t know exactly why though

His fore arms are a little weird, I would also change the forearms to something else. Same goes for the legs. Nice torso though.

Well… The arms look odd. Very odd. And yeah, you should titanize the legs. And add some more red, or change those daggers. 7/10

@morgy @RogueToa @Toa_Vladin

Eh, I like the design for the forearms, am planning to put some more white armour on them though… and I did kinda incorporate them into his bio so… eh
So I will definitely be getting around to that titanization soon, just didn’t have access to the parts at the time he was built.

As for the knives though… I’m just going to leave them as is, I mean the idea of them being bloodstained does work seeing as to what he does so… a little off colour but I feel it works for him. As for adding more red, I kinda feel it’ll mess up his look, was kinda going for the labcoat-wearing-scientist look, so a mainly white armored character.

Also, glad to see his torso’s liked! I actually went through a couple designs before settling on his current one!

1 Like

What an insane nut. Great backstory. But mabye he needs better arms. And that would be fitting of a “mad scientist”

1 Like

Ha ha! Glad you like him! And definitely going to fiddle with those arms, going to make their lower halves a bit more robotic/prosthetic like and add in some more white armour, other than that all I gotta do is titanize his legs.

He’ll be a fun villain to portray once I finally get some… stuff set up.
=P

1 Like

:thumbsup: As he isn’t aren’t part of any other projects, do you want him as a headmaster for the rahkilla army academy? I really want some Makuta to help out and keep the army in line. Makuta Kratune can’t make that many rahkshi by himself. The more awesome mocs, the merrier! (Specific compliment of the year award goes to me.)

2 Likes

OOH! Yes please! That sounds awesome and I’d have to say it’d work for him, what with his scientific nature and all!
Even if it is usually a more ‘take this thing apart and ‘perfect’ it’ kind… actually that… that could make a lot of sense what with him working with Rahkshi and all their powers… uh-oh, what benefits have I just given him?!

1 Like

Awesome! If you haven’t found the topic already, it’s “Rahkshi Army? Let’s Make It!” Just leave a comment so I know you found it. I didn’t create the topic completely, @Asriel did, he’s just hosting it for me, so editing the topic is hard. You probably won’t see yourself on there for a bit. Glad to have another Makuta on the scene!

Ey! I am ok with da wait!

1 Like

What an insane nut

2 Likes

Pffft! XD

1 Like

Also, I think you should add more black to Makuta mellex

K, I’ll see what I can find, am going to keep as much of his torso as white as possible, you know, for that lab-coat effect. =P

1 Like

I neve noticed the lab coat effect, mabye add a white cloth. Also the foot piece on his chest is a silvery grey.

Oooh! Good idea! I’ll get on that. Also, yeah, I have no idea how but somehow I got like 4 of those feet and each of them is this weird whit-ish green color (understandable why you though silvery-gray due to shadows).
=P

1 Like

You look dumb and you got small knees.

“How dare you! I am Makuta Mellex! I will be the greatest of all Makuta! I have made armies! Invented species that can rival Toa! I am greater than all of you! DIE!"

Jokes aside, this looks really good. Nice, solid looking construction.

2 Likes