Makuta Teridax: Lord of Shadow

I’ve been working on this moc for 3 years now
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/6507/2560296efcdf87cc.JPG
I’ve come a long way(I look at the original and feel pain and suffering)
Anyway, on to the current version.

Update:

changed feet, widened hips, altered arms, changed waist shell.

Promo art pose

He’s too massive for any feasible backdrop I could offer.

Size comparisons

And as always, thank you for viewing.

51 Likes

Now’s that’s a Makuta MOC, big and bulky, good job man!

6 Likes

This thing is massive! The proportions are really similar to the original Teridax, too, although this one looks a bit more muscular and a bit less… pudgy, an overall improvement imo. Good work!

4 Likes

EXTRA BRICC
This thing is huge, great work.

3 Likes

Looking nice.

Only things I could complain about are the somewhat weird looking feet and the skinny upper arms compared to the massive shoulders.

4 Likes

Neat.

2 Likes

Looks pretty cool!

I feel like the red shell on his lower torso sticks out a bit oddly against the rest of his hulking silver, black, and gunmetal frame. His upper arms seem a bit unarmored compared to the rest of his bulked-up torso; maybe try a custom build? Something also seems off about the feet… The use of the stars feet seem a bit odd to me, I think; that’s a bit of a nitpick though.

Overall I think he looks really imposing and powerful, which is exactly how Makuta should feel.

2 Likes

This reminds me of Teridax’s massively huge and bulked up form from the end of Bionicle: The Game.
Nice work.

3 Likes

The red belly is on the original, I find that without it his midsection is rather barren, but I’ll try something else.

I’m going to chock this up to a moc looking different in photography, in person the arms look fine, not that Teri’s arms should be super buff anyway, every appearance gives him really skinny arms, but they really look fine to me.

I wasn’t that happy with it tbh, I just couldn’t think of a better toe design, I’ll see what I can do.

Regardless, thanks.

3 Likes

@Gilahu @ReeseEH

Idk, the gunmetal on the waist is alright, but I’m really not feeling the feet, I think the previous one was better, I really need to come up with a good toe piece.

3 Likes

Nice! This is probably the beat Makuta moc I’ve seen!

1 Like

The hips seem to thin

2 Likes

Yeah, the older feet were better. Also I agree with @Ace; I think the hips are too thin. I think it looks better with the gunmetal shell there, but I think it would be fine with a red one of red was more prominent on the rest of the body. There are only a few sprinklings of it here and there and then one large bit in his torso, which is why it looked weird before. So if you want, you could probably put it back if you make the red more noticeable in other places.

1 Like

Widen the hips, make better toes, gotcha.

I’ll probably just leave the gunmetal shell, there’s still red in the waist either way.

1 Like

Update, I think I’ve done it.

The posing for the legs could probably be less awkward but you get the picture.

widened the hips, and also filled them in more, they are a little looser due to the ball joints though, have to be more careful posing him,
though they also lock at a certain angle outwards so he won’t randomly do the splits at least.

I think the feet manage to capture the look of the original and not look trash now.

rip Vader tho.

4 Likes

Yes, much better.

2 Likes

@Gilahu
I checked the project topic and it appears that you haven’t drawn teridax yet, which is good, so here’s an actually decent pose so he doesn’t look derp.

Also I changed the knees to gunmetal, looks a bit better imo.

On an unrelated note,

I don’t know if this shows how big the moc is, or how big the set is, but something’s definitely being shown here.

6 Likes

Yeah, planning to do him last. Seems fitting. Unless I’m drawing MOCs quicker than people finsih them - then Teridax currently is number… 8 or something on my list.
Pose on the picture doesn’t matter, though - only that I can see everything clearly ;).

1 Like

Yeah, I just meant the other picture was really weirdly posed so wasn’t sure if you could see everything, just figured I’d give you a better reference image.

1 Like

He’s the biggest boi/Teridax MOC I’ve ever seen

1 Like