Mods To The 2015 Sets

Okay, so personally I know this is quite a controversial matter. Some people like to keep sets the same as they way they come in which is great and prevents too much OTT modding. Once you start tweaking a set its hard to stop.

When the new sets come in 2015 are you planning on modding/tweaking them at all? Could be simple like swapping a few amour shells around or major like completely overhauling a set.

For me, I think I am going to add lime green to replace the keetorange on Lewa. From what I have seen the colour scheme just doesnt seem to sit right with me. I think I may also give Lewa the Lime Green bones from Pohatu, giving him the black ones and trying the Keetorange on him.

These are all just things I am going to try. Not set in stone. They may look absolutely horrible but we will have to wait and see.

9 Likes

I would remove the gear function if it hindered me from making stop motion animations with the figures.

I suppose that is fairly simple, what with a locking mechanism already being implemented into some sets like Kopaka and Pohatu. Its just a case then of replicating it for both sides.

2 Likes

I’ll probably tweak their armor layout a bit.

I will be adding the new armour addons to the feet of pohatu, and changing a small amount of things to the rest

3 Likes

I would probably keep Kopaka and Onua unchanged, though. Since their HF torsos are used for their shoulder armor.

I’m most likely going to add a second gear to Pohatu.

2 Likes

Well you could keep the aesthetic of the gear system with out actually having a moving one if that would work better for you. Unless its the look of the gear system you are not fond of.

I’ll just see what will happen when I get the sets for myself. According to TTV’s reviews on the Comic Con builds the gear system doesn’t seem to hinder poseablity like the older sets with gears did.

Yeah, Im with you on that one. I’ll wait until I have the sets in hand before judging. They all look really nice anyway.

On as many arms as possible, I will be giving Lateral Bicep Movement by replacing the upper arm bones.

Kopaka first and foremost, for better Spear and Shield Poses, and also because he’s my fav so far.

5 Likes

All: Fully custom torsos. HF torso’s mere existence in these sets makes the torsos failures, except at certain angles.

Tahu: Change the lower legs, they break the color placement/styling for me.

Gali: Remove the gold and yellow, and possibly replace all the silver with gunmetal. More feminine torso.

Lewa: Replace keetorange with lime, replace gunmetal with silver if possible. Get rid of the chest plate, and give him better shoulder armor.

Pohatu: Fix the color distribution, and give him more biomechanical parts.

Onua: Possibly get rid of the silver. Might even get rid of the gold and make him look more like '01 Onua with purple.

Kopaka: Get rid of the chest plate and fix the legs.

5 Likes

I have come up with methods that would allow the use of mata and metru heads in ccbs bodies.

2 Likes

you gonna tell us

1 Like

I am rendering them in LDD to pov-ray right now and may do a video.

2 Likes

There is no gold on Gali.

Does that include his shoulderpads and weapons? Those are kinda integral to his whole look, so I gotta wonder what you’d replace those with.

I would beg to disagree, but meh, your opinion.

5 Likes

I wish the BA Torso had more colours. Then I would love to see it used on Tahu and Lewa. Its looks great on the other three.

2 Likes

Well, I was under the impression that Hawkflight was talking about the core torso, not the torso armor.

I also wish they had made more colors, 'cause I really love the piece.

2 Likes

I think he means the yellow on Gail, which is very little.

2 Likes

Sorry. What do you mean by Core Torso. Do you mean like the Torso as a whole or?