Mythological Creatures and Gods

Whether the Greek or Roman mythologies, the Norse, Egyptian, Native American, or basically around the world, let’s talk about the Ancient Myths and Legendary Gods and Beasts we believed in during the BC era

while this is related to Mythology, NO RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION and whatnot

10 Likes

Treants are cuuul

Anyone ever notice that card games and video games take these creatures and amp them up to 11? I’m not complaining, I’m just pointing it out.

I’m going to say the hydra is my favorite mythological creature…except the one from Disney’s Hercules. Two reasons: It looks freaky in the wrong way to me and GET UP ON THE HYDRA’S BACK!

Kingdom Hearts fans will know what I am talking about.

4 Likes

I’ve always found myself more interested in Greek mythology that any others. There’s just a certain excitement and want to read on when it comes to these stories.

1 Like

XD

I never cared much for gods. They just don’t appeal to me .-.

Mythical creatures are okay though.

2 Likes

I studied Greek/Roman mythology in 9th grade. Ot can best be described as the visual style and cognitive processes found on the worse sides of the Internet.

3 Likes

One region that has always had interesting creatures is old Celtic, I dunno why but they seem to have a lot of interesting stories.

1 Like

I studied mythology for fun when I was 8.
Yeah.

1 Like

I was always more interested in Egyptian mythology than others myself…

1 Like

Leogryphs.

That is all…

Gyrados is my favorite.

What. What do you mean he’s not a mythological creature. So your gonna lower him to the status of a POKEMON?

THERE HAS BEEN A GOD-LIKE POKEMON. Don’t tell me that I can’t consider Gyrados to be an awesome mythological creature.

To be more serious, according to Japanese Mythology, when an Asian Carp jumped over a certain waterfall, it would become a dragon. Gyrados was inspired by this.

Dragons are interesting because their interpretation is surprisingly similar in a lot of different countries. Most asian countries consider them snake-like, while more western countries consider them to be more like a dinosaur (which is quite strange).

5 Likes

One of My favorite mythological creature has to be jormangund, the Midgard serpent

3 Likes

I think one of the most interesting aspects of each culture’s mythologies is the way that they are used to explain daily phenomenons. Like Helios being an explanation for how the sun rises and sets, etc.

1 Like

Dragons.

drops mic

AHEM THE ROMAN EMPIRE LASTED AT LEAST UNTIL 300 AD

In all honesty, I find the Greco-Roman gods to be quite interesting. Some Egyptian stuff is cool too.

Something I discovered this semester was that there is a Muse of History, which I thought was rather interesting.

3 Likes

Hail Hydra.

6 Likes

Oh boy.

Norse myths are best myths.

4 Likes

I once read a book that had Gorgons (Medusa’s species) and instead of stone they turned people into Gorgonzola cheese… Also I love Greek mythology!

2 Likes

TRIGGERED

Persona is the best way to learn about random gods and creatures of myth.

6 Likes

Hail Denmark.

The Chimera and the Leviathan are two great ones!

Excuse me, but I follow the Ancient Roman religion, so Jupiter will strike us all down! Joking, of course! :smile:

2 Likes