Nehe Princess of Jungle (with a bonus)

Hey everyone. My name is Lugz. I just joined yesterday after watching The TTV Channel for a while now. I’ve been a Bionicle fan since 2001, my first set being Pohatu Mata. However, over the years, my interest in Bionicle started to wain a bit. When the 2015 sets came out, I got excited out of nostalgia and decided to collect all of the Toa Masters and other new sets.

Recently, I got a huge 9 lb box of Bionicle parts in the mail from Ebay and decided to experiment. After much practice, experimentation, and taking influence from other users, I think I finally developed my own style. Lately, I took an interest in developing female MOCs. The reason for this was because most female MOCs out there were looked either too masculine or had very exaggerated proportions. I decided to take up the challenge and build one of my own.

Meet Nehe, Princess of Jungle!

Seeing that a lot of females in the Bionicle universe had blue as their dominant color scheme, I decided to make mine a different color and element. Taking ideas from tribal women and the mythical Amazons (as well as fitness models from Instagram and celebrities such as Beyonce), I ended up building a female MOC that ended up looking very proportional and accurate. This MOC was built using a custom torso along with a custom leg design. The torso has a few Technic elements here and there, namely hand joints and small Technic pieces. The element that I was most proud of was the fact that I finally managed to shape one of the most difficult parts of human anatomy to emulate.

Edited for potentially inflammatory content -legomaster

Shaping the buttocks region was probably one of the most difficult challenges that I ever encountered. At first, the buttocks looked like a ball in-between the legs. To me, it was ok at first, but later on I felt that it didn’t really look right.

Here was the prototype:

I later on decided to fix it. At first, I tried just connecting the Nuva Shoulder Armor directly to the back of the upper thigh. However, that decreased the amount of mobility to the legs and the armor kept popping off. So I decided to connect it using another connection piece but that didn’t really work/look right either. Finally, I got the idea to connect a CCBS ball joint to the upper thigh and then attach a hand piece to that joint, with the Nuva Shoulder armor being connected to the top. That way, when the legs are articulated, the “buttocks” can flex with the leg and out of the way. Even the lower back is engineered for greater mobility, purposefully being flat so that it can act as a pathway for the buttocks and legs. It ended up looking really good at the end and she is very flexible. Also, a friction extender was added to the waist for greater stability.

For her weapons and mask, I decided to give her a scythe in one hand and a claw in the other. Her mask is the Noble Miru from Tanma of 2008. Her name is derived from the Maori word “nehenehe” meaning forest or bush. So in a sense, her name is “Princess Bush”.

Anyways, she is meant to be one of the last survivors of her tribe in a story I created after this crazy heffer massacred everyone.

BONUS!!

I’ll eventually write something up about this one later but for now, any praise, critiques, and/or recommendations is extremely welcome. Thanks and Enjoy.

4 Likes

These look super skinny and awkward in some areas, the color scheme on the first one could be improvedg a lot and the azure legs on the second look out of place.

Also a little tip, while making a female MOC avoid using “Mata boobs” which are generally disliked by the community as they are overused.

There are better ways to achieve the look without using Mata boobs or super thin bodies.

rant aside the build seems decent, nothing too great but not bad either for some of your first tries on this type of MOC.

Edit: also the back on the first one looks rather bland and the placement of the mata armor looks off.

5 Likes

Woah, that waist is TOO skinny. Also, Nuva Boobs are one thing, but I think that you went a little far by giving her a Nuva Butt…
Mm, seems a little too hypersexualized for my tastes…

8 Likes

ehh, kinda awkward looking, emaciated waist, anime sized boob implants, I don’t even know what the green claw piece is, the feet/plating on the legs and that butt… all of it needs some form of change.[quote=“blu, post:2, topic:22570”]
Mata boobs
[/quote]

*nuva boobs

3 Likes

These are some neat MOCs, but as everyone else said, way too slim. Also, welcome to the boards!

2 Likes

This being of the latter variety, what with the paper thin waist and

Just, why?

Alright, now onto what’s wrong with the actual build,
Cluttered build, clashing textures, what even are those upper legs? And that neck is too long.
Also, I didn’t know a spine could bend that way.

The bonus actually isn’t that bad, it just has some weird color blocking.

7 Likes

And this doesn’t?

5 Likes

How can you have a realistically articulated butt if butts don’t actually move independently of the legs?

cmon it was just a joke,

human raze is lost none the less

1 Like

Dear god these waists. These Mocs look as though they’re starving.

5 Likes

(would post a picture of Nami from one piece but I don’t want to get in trouble) thats what this looks like.

The colors don’t work theres like 4 shades of green, then gold silver and gunmetal(pick one), yellow, why are there trans neon orange bohrok eyes, then there’s that red spike in the back? do you want to make the red pin problem worse, cause I could have forgiven it cause you said you just got a box of random part, then theres the yellow? Okay I’m done with the colors.

For the build, those piraka feet on the thighs are a cool idea but the lower legs just look smaller cause of it, the waist armor is just what? the waist is far FAR too thin.

And the most controversial part, The Nuvaboobs, they can work on a really bulky MOC this MOC is the opposite, and the buttocks, just why? you can have a female without “female features” the female body is far more complex than boobs and butts, its smaller thinner has tighter shoulders. You based her off celebrities and this is probably the worst choice for obvious reasons. [quote=“Lugztina, post:1, topic:22570”]
SHE HAS A REALISTIC FULLY ARTICULATED SQUAT BOOTY!!
[/quote]
These are half robotic armored solders they would not have this unless they are mostly organic, a female warrior wearing armor IS WEARING ARMOR, not a zero suit samus bodysuit.

Sigh I’m done ranting, tear apart what i said guys, have fun cause this is probably going to what makes a female MOC territory and thats very confusing

4 Likes

You present some very valid points, @AwesomeJoel27

2 Likes

This MOC screams Nicki Minaj to me…the butt and boobs are too big and everything else is too skinny, through It is not a bad MOC, it is really disproportionate and sexualized…almost feels like Anaconda (the song)

4 Likes

This is one of those MOCs.

Um, sureeeee…

No. No you did not.

8 Likes

Who said that MOCs can’t be messy…sometimes the aimed aesthetics is to look cluttered…not sure if this is the case tho, just sayin’ @Payinku

While some are aimed to look cluttered still doesn’t take away the fact that they are messy and most of the time awkward looking. Just sayin’

Regardless I doubt these mocs were supposed to look cluttered, so I will consider their messyness a con.

3 Likes

A valid argument.

sorry but these mocs are too over sexualized.

1 Like

Not at all a fan, honestly. It’s much too colored, poorly shaped, and the Nuva Butt and Boobs are not needed at all.

4 Likes

I suggest you remove the rear end stuff, that will get controversial. (Really, that’s important to do).
Also, the head seems out of proportion with the body.