Official BIONICLE: Journey to One Discussion Topic

Initial thoughts, this is freaking amazing! It has hiccups, but overall I think these first episodes were great for what it’s worth. They were able to do what they could with the few episodes they had. Totally can’t wait for the summer half! I’ll probably watch it all again once or twice later today. XD Really, really happy with this!
Will have to come back with notes and other thoughts!

6 Likes

Just watched what has come out so far. Stellar for the most part, the only complaints can be chalked down to its a kid show so certain things will be done certain ways. Which I am ok with. But the show does have some pretty awesome moments, and umarak, even though not on screen much was unjoyable and menacing. My favorite quote from him was, “You care, That makes you weak.” Really sums up the tone of umarak’s character. Pohatu really shines for me, and even though tahu was the “main character”, he was developed the most and was handled the best.

11 Likes

I actually like how the toa lost, and how Pohatu knew it was his fault, some character growth there, feels like the summer story judging from the box art is gonna be an even bigger blow to them

12 Likes

I just didn’t expect the show to be THIS good.

Man those trailers were misleading. This was spectacular!

12 Likes

Which is what I’ve been wanting, a more serious story, but one that fits the tone of the series. I think the summer half will deliver that after watching this.

4 Likes

So Lego did what I thought they couldn’t. I doubted that they would deliver and deliver they did! JtO is amazing. No ifs ands or buts about it.

5 Likes

I expect them to win, but something’s probably gonna happen, like Makuta’s gonna wake up and be like “lol, you guys are screwed” or I fear Ekimu might die like Lhikan, I don’t want that, I care about the old man after watching this

5 Likes

Indeed.

I still am mighty impressed. I just can’t put into words how much I loved that! It was spectacular to the highest degree!

1 Like

1 more thing before I get my 4 hours of sleep, did anyone else think that Kopaka and Pohatu sounded similar? @Chronicler yeah for a kid’s show and for a bionicle show it is really good

I’m kinda glad pohatu lost the accent. He seems less edgy and more serious this way.

6 Likes

Yeah they did.

However the voice acting was better than I initially felt it was going to be. Although I feel Kopaka’s voice was a bit different than I wanted. Ah well.

Still spectacular.

5 Likes

I wasn’t planning to watch all of it, but that Prologue had me hooked.

I am especially a fan of the way Umarak travels, I think really fits the hunter character…

10 Likes

I’m honestly pretty surprised, I was worried because I watched it with my parents, and I’m was scared it may be too kid friendly (my little bro is more in the demographic for it and he watched it with us)

but no they liked it, I liked it, my bro liked it, we’re all happy, my mom said “man, the next parts come out in June?”

Lego, by all means, renew this for more

10 Likes

Yes yes yes.

Lego, up the advertisement. Up the awareness. Up the everything. You did a spectacular job.

13 Likes

Time to show how little I follow all this, but I thought there was supposed to be 4 parts…

4 Likes

2 in March and 2 in July

2 Likes

Korgot had an actual voice!

5 Likes

It’s so much better than the G1 movies or the animations! One of my only complaints being that there weren’t more episodes.

4 Likes

I was thinking that was the case…

You sound like my brother on the G1 movie thing.

And yes, I agree. We needed more episodes.

4 Likes