Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

Blaze ducked when he saw the blade get too close and activated the Mask he wore, causing a warm red done of protective energy to expand to contain himself, Streke and Dakron while keeping Collected outside.

“I did no such thing.” Blaze told Collected, “If it was ‘me’,” he put air quotes as he said it, “It might’ve been an imposter.”

OOC: what was the name of Sun and Light’s ‘father’? I hope that may calm Collected enough to try and resolve things peacefully.

1 Like

I-Li-!.. No, no… him.” He growled. “The one that looked like us spoke like us wasn’t uswas strange. The one who bothered us before we found The Blaze. He tricked us. He lied to us. His head is ours!” The Collected roared, slamming a fist into the wall.

OOC: Adun

3 Likes

OOC: thank you.

IC: Blaze nods, “Please, calm down.” He said, “I want to help you.”

“I can try to find the one who tricked you and try to learn why they did this.” He offered, ready to switch to a Mask of Speed to do just that.

OOC: GTG, guys.

2 Likes

He would see some odd deformed hand prints of different colours around the entrance.

Gladius was at the ready, but knew the delusional, bizarre collected could do little to Blaze. He would step in if he tried something more brutal.

1 Like

Atlas cautiously looks inside.

2 Likes

Good. He looked like ussounded like usbecame usbecame youcan ■■■■■. Change form. We want his head!

2 Likes

Jevis walked inside the inn in the city of the mask makers and spotted who he was looking for. He was a stone okotan, and had a pretty beat up mask and armor, but most importantly he knew all the goings-ons in the criminal world on Okoto. He ordered a drink and sat down next to him, casually tossing him a small pouch of widgets. “A retired bounty hunter named Symphony, what do you know about him?” Jevis asked gruffly.

OOC @Jcton Could you control this guy, cause I don’t think its my place to give out info on your characters.

1 Like

The hunter looked at Jevis,
“That myth? I heard Symphony was last seen in the Fire Region. 'Heard he settled down and now has a family. He’s taken up a career as a blacksmith’s apprentice and is steadily working to open up his own blacksmith shop. As for his current location, I only know that he lives in the Fire Region. I have a friend up there who might know more of his location that I do.”

“Tell me about this ‘friend’ of yours.” Jevis pressed impatiently.

1 Like

The hunter explained,
“Cousin of mine, he’s a tavern keeper in the Fire Region Capital. He knows all that happens in the Fire Region, nothin’ escapes him.”

OOC: I’m Back

Jevis simply nods as he gets up, leaving the drink for the hunter. He hurriedly goes to the nearest gecko platform.

1 Like

After a while, Hitora and Keya are walking through the jungle, no real destination in mind yet.

Hitora sees in the corner of his eye a large spiderweb, too big to have been created by a normal spider.
Keya, on the other hand, has never seen a normal spider, and has had limited interaction with Skull Spiders, so she doesn’t really notice a problem.

Hitora looks up to the sky. “I know somewhere we can go.” He says. “It’s further inland than I think you’ve ever gone. It’d be a cool adventure.” He then turns to her. “Not only that, but I think I still have some old friends there who you might want to meet.”

Keya turned to him and smiled. “Sounds like a plan!” She tells him.

Hitora chuckles. “Alright, let’s go.” He says, turning her away from the web and towards their next destination: the City of the Mask Makers.

3 Likes

Streke held his sword at the ready, Dakron doing the same with his scythe. “Do as he says. Nobody needs to die today.”

1 Like

“I can try to have the authorities apprehend him and if he has a record that is deemed worthy of a death sentence, Collected will have his head but I have little power to do that without getting into legal trouble like three years ago.” Blaze said.

1 Like

You will help me find him and Makuta, whoever comes first. And when he is found, his head will be mine.” Collected reply as he withdrew his flaming blade back below his cloak before walking to his scythe and ripping it free from the wall.

1 Like

Mokuzai wakes from his slumber and sets out to go look for an activity for the day.

1 Like

He’d see, in the furthest possible place visible from the light, an odd set of boards ‘nailed’ together with stone pegs, with some odd paint on them, and a largestone slab as a canvas turned away from the cave entrance. But he wouldn’t see Frog. At the slightest sound of larger movement, he had retreated into the shadows.

“No, we won’t.” Gladius huffed at the Collected, not intimidated in the slightest. “Makuta was banished to another realm, so until you’re willing to be banished too, we’re not assisting you in that regard. And you intend to murder whatever joker it was who tricked you, so we won’t be assisting you there either.”

“Now go away.” Gladius spoke firmly. It was obvious he would not waver.

1 Like

“I don’t think we will help, pal.” Streke growled. Dakron stepped forwards and began to sign.
Streke watched the hands, then translated. “You have other intentions. You do not want to kill Makuta, but rather want to bring him back. Maybe I am wrong, but in sound whatever you are, you have endangered several Okotoans and caused damage to property, as well as disturbed the peace. I will not allow this to continue.”
Streke looked at Dakron. “You said that? Really?” Dakron nodded.

1 Like

Makuta will return what I have lost. None will keep me from getting it back.” Collected replied in a deep growl.

1 Like

Gladius sighed deeply, shaking his head. “Well you have fun with that.”

1 Like