Okotan Adventures: Spider Saga

“Who in thunder said that?” The Lord of the Undying Storm barrelled his vision down on Blaze. “I have no reason to trust you. The only reason you Okotans aren’t questioning every word I’m saying is because you fear not only me, but Ekimu.”

“You’re afraid that if I’m right Ekimu will hurt you more than he’s already going to.” He spat, blatantly showing no sign of sympathy for the plight he was placing Blaze in. “And you’re also afraid to try and drive me away lest I go back on my word to Ekimu and rip you all to pieces. So I don’t see why I need to tell you anything.

He sat down with a THUD which echoed across the crater and up towards the mountains. “I thought the Fire people were supposed to have a quick wit.” He muttered, mostly to himself but still very audible.

Keya returns to the room, Hitora shortly following. “Ready?” She asks.

Gladius nodded. “After you.” He said to Vohman. “And let us know where the souvenir shop is once we get there.”

“Oh, I am questioning your honesty seeing as how you, what was it again…oh yeah, nearly caused the apocalypse by tricking your entire family into an all out war.” Blaze said.

“And you’re welcome to go right ahead and do that.” The lord of the Undying Storm bowed sarcastically from where he was sitting. “Act upon it, and I’ll have three extra arms by the time I leave. If not more.”

Dax briefly scowls before his face returned to a neutral state. The scowl had only been there for a mere moment, but it was there. There was no doubt about that. Dax snaps back,
“Then perhaps I should return with an Axe and a head of a traitor, perhaps another.”

Capella had the face that only read, OH CRAP!

Melody nods,
“Can you tell us where she last went, that would be of help.”
Xol looks confused,
“What are you doing? That’s the wro-”
Melody pressed her finger on his mouth stopping him,
“I’m getting a lead.”

@jayzor17, @Axels, @TheMOCingbird
The Dark Mist patrol group would continue its way towards a small village in the Earth Region.

Sonata continued on her journey. Her anger burned within herself like an eternal flame. She remembered that Symphony had given Blaze the Mask of Decay and prayed it was kept safe, because she was going to get those two to make that thing if it was the last thing she could do and MATA NUI forbid anyone get in her way.

Despite her actual pent-up anger, she was actually a pleasant person, when it came to socializing with the occasional okotan she met in the jungles.

Erebos continues his trek and sees the Black Crater in the distance. He was slightly north east of it and running towards it with the occasional teleport to get closer.

2 Likes

“You’ll know it when you see it, trust me,” Vohman says with a chuckle. He leads the group through the city, navigating expertly through the tangle of streets until they reach the city wall. Checking quickly to make sure he hadn’t lost anyone, he leads them out into the jungle.

@Ghid @Tarkur @Toa_Vladin

Lync takes off after the group, only later thinking to check that Hiraeth and Kryuna were still with her. She stays low, opting for stealth over speed nine times out of ten.

“Look, I really don’t know,” she says with a heavy sigh. “I don’t really keep tabs on what people do outside of this building.” She pauses, seemingly struggling to find a way to clearly explain what her patrons weren’t understanding. Before she can, an Okotan seated further down the bar replaces his mug on the counter with a conspicuous amount of force.

“As entertaining as this was, you two are howling up the wrong tree. If you’re looking to do some headhunting, best place I can recommend is in the Region of Fire. Little place called the Wayside; follow the road leading through the mountains to the west of here and follow it into the upper volcano basin. You’ll find a split in the path; the one leading along the edge looks disused but it’s fine. Follow it and you’ll find the place; bartender has an eyepatch. He can find anyone… for a price.” The Okotan takes a hearty draught. “Any questions?”

2 Likes

Melody smiles,
“No, thank you. That is probably the most useful information I’ve ever gotten out of this place.”
Xol nods and they set off to the Fire Region.

The patrol group enters the village and walks towards a local pub.

1 Like

The friendly Okotan flips the bartender an extra coin with a knowing smile.

The trip there would be mostly quiet, with the occasional group of travelers. No one they pass is travelling alone. But, should they follow the stranger’s directions, they would find themselves at a bar hewn into the volcanic obsidian, overlooking a wide bowl of glossy black stone and shimmering sand filled with haze.

Lync peels off at the edge of the village, suddenly unsure. “Wasn’t expecting that,” she mutters to herself.

Jaspar nods, her words bringing memories of shambling into taverns after day-long marches to mind. “Sure, sure. We can grab some food, or… well, have you ever flown before?”

2 Likes

“If you could even lift it.” The Lord of the Undying Storm sneered in retort. “Sadly I think that Erebos is too much of a threat for the lot of you to handle on your own, especially if you intend to kill him. Back a rabbit into a corner and it can bite your finger off; but you’re attempting to corner a viper.”

“So, if you really want to find a way to take him down,” He swept his arms out in a bow. “Suffer me, I pray.”

1 Like

She quirks an eyebrow, “Uh… no, I can’t say I have…”

1 Like

Vladin entered the living room, looking for the sofa.
@BlackBeltGamer98

Athena was being silent in the back of the group.

Rena seemed to still wait for an answer from the Lord.
@Ghid

The Lord of the Undying Storm sat in silence for a minute before seeing Rena staring at him.

“Well?” He said. “What do you want?”

It was easy to find and seemed fairly comfortable, not as comfy as a proper bed but enough for a decent night’s sleep.

“Didn’t I already ask you?”

@Jcton
Skipper kept himself with in the area of tsim krad looking for a shape to steal for disguises.

Era finishes her tea and puts away her cup. Due to her lack luster results finding something about Domau in the Newspapers, she began heading for the town nearby to gather information on him if possible.

“I don’t recall you asking me anything.” He hissed. “Not that you inferior mites ever have anything intelligent to say.”

She chuckled sarcadtically before repeating her question.

“Ask Ekimu when he arrives.” The Lord of the Undying Storm snorted. “Just try to refrain from completely disfiguring him in case he wants to use him as an effigy and light him on fire.”

“He’s coming?”