Okotan Adventures: The Adventure Continues

Kavix drifts off to sleep on the park bench.

“You don’t give those ‘kids’ enough credit.” Ekimu told him. “They have more that proven that they can handle it. For the elements’ sake they successfully fought off three of Makuta’s armies, they’ve discovered that if you can get your hands on one, a Beast Mask can be used by Okotans, they discovered a living man thousands of years older than me, they reawoke the giant powerful being of lava out there. I think they can handle themselves.”

He steps away for a moment and looks out the window. “Besides, if we coddle them now, protect them from these things, what will they do when we’re gone?” He says distantly.

2 Likes

Dax smiles almost sarcastically,
“I didn’t mean that we coddle them, your maskyness, I meant that we shouldn’t burden them with our own mistakes. They’ll grow from their own just well. After all, isn’t that how the previous generation grew? And those kids I mention weren’t the general population of treasure hunters that you employed, but the kids I watched lose their parents and their brother, Symphony… I feel horrible for Geet…he lost his parents twice, once by a strange bounty hunter and the other, his adoptive parents, by an accident. Trouble follows those kids around and I plan to keep it following. I don’t want it to catch up with them after all. It’s unnatural what can happen to kids these days.”
Dax sighs,
“About me retiring…though I guess after all I said, you would deny it.”

“Geet and his family are part of that group. But, keep in mind that they’re surrounded by the rest of the people in it. By friends, and by each other, family. The group has their back.” He chuckles again. “And don’t worry. I’ve been keeping an eye on them.”

He turns back to face Dax. “And as for retirement, I wouldn’t deprive the worst soldier of that. You can when you’re ready.”

The spider sees a crack in the wall, where it seems a hidden door had been left slightly ajar. He waits in silent stealth.

Dax chuckles,
“It’s either I can’t stand giving this job up, or you somehow guilt me every time. I’ll hold it off, until this thing of yours is finished, but I feel as if I should call it a ‘war’. If it is, how can I help as an veteran, of the guards… Ekimu, I don’t plan to intrude, but I find that life is often full of the unexpected. I know we differ in opinions, but I shall say this again… My sword is yours. How do you wish it to be used?”
Dax kneels and stays still once he has kneeled.

“If you wish to help the treasure hunters, go right ahead.” Ekimu tells him.

Dax smiles,
“What are your orders?”
He is still kneeling.

“To stand up.” Ekimu says. “And do either of these you see fit. Either return to the guard, or help the treasure group, since you say you’re waiting to retire.”

Dax stands up,
“I’ll keep an eye on the kids, where are they by chance?”

@TheMOCingbird He could see Ganoru approaching.

@Chromeharpoon Skipper stops floating around for a second, He stands there quietly like somethings wrong. In front of him there were two guards “Halt” The first guard said. “Yeah, what he said” The other one adds. Skipper quickly hides behind Sevik “H…help” He let’s out.

Kryuin tries to walk briskly past him.

“It’s alright,” Sevik says to the guards, a tad nervous himself, “he’s friendly.”

“It’s a shadow cloud, sir, now back off.” The first guard said. Skipper tries to make himself as small as possible.

“It’s not, actually,” Sevik tries to clarify. “I mean, it is now, but- come on, Skipper, help me out, will ya?”

Skipper frantically shakes is head in protest “Me not want to change body.” He states. “What did he just say?” The second guard asks, “Dunno.” The first replies.

“He’s a shapeshifter,” Sevik tries to further explain. “Seriously, Skip, you should change back.”

Skipper listens to reason and changes back, “Happy, Fine now!” He says as he returns to his normal more colorful appearance. “Okay, We’re gonna let you go for now but don’t do that again.” The second one apologizes, “You know we have places to be, important things to attend, right?” The first one comments.

“So, we’re cool?” Sevik asks.

“Yes” The both guards replies, before heading of.

Skipper stood there quietly kicking rocks.