Okotan Adventures

“Hmm. I’m just a competitor. Just an average okotan!” His mouth could be seen giving a demeaning wry smile.

Blaze just went up to meet with his friends. Odd guy. he thinks after finishing this little flashback.

Geet yells at him, “I didn’t think you’d fight that well! Good job out there!”

Atlas doesn’t say anything, but it’s clear he think Blaze did a good job.

“Guys, I know that the presumed plan is that we will probably all work to end up in the finals, essentially guaranteeing we win the staff but that’s not an excuse for me to just let the previous rounds be the only real combat; what good is a show if those putting it on don’t give it their all?” Blaze asks the group.

Pheore’s head snaps up. “You guys are all working together? Is that even allowed?”

Geet replies, “Last I checked there was no rules about friends.”

The cloaked figure seemed to draw close to them.

“Doesn’t matter if it’s allowed.” Atlas says. “It’s more important that Makuta’s minions don’t get it. If any of them are here, that is.”

OOC: heck i got kapura’d

1 Like

Pheore rolls her eyes. “Sure, sure. If it was that important, then why’s it a prize for a contest?”

“Because most people don’t know what the staff actually is and the only way to get it without causing an uproar is to compete in the tournament and get it fair and square.” Blaze said to Pheore.

“Yes, fair and square. Like the fact that half of the contestants are all representing one party. Very fair.”

“Makuta may very well have his own minions, such as those that attacked the Stone Capitol and other underlings of his in play. We are here to make sure he doesn’t get it and cause chaos because of it.” Blaze said, getting up.

“Fair and square,” Pheore repeats, nodding mockingly.

“May I speak with you in private?” Blaze asks.

“Is it something you can’t say in front of your friends?” Pheore asks, making no indication of moving.

“More something I don’t want the public to hear as it could cause a potential panic.” Blaze says.

“Because it’s so easy for them to hear into our waiting room,” Pheore says, gesturing to the cheering crowds outside.

Gladius followed closely behind. He listened to the ongoing conversation.

“Because he said so.” He glanced behind him at the hooded figure. “I’d recommend you take his offer.”

“And what if I don’t feel like it?”

“Then you can stay devoid of information.”