Okotan Adventures

Icar and Korā began a final sweep for anything to give them any clues.

Forty-four waited for them to leave.

Kavix kept humming the melody. It was an old piece of music originating from the City of the Mask Makers. Kavix was one of the few who disliked it, an oddity for which this aformentioned “important someone” used to frequently tease him for.

OOC: I believe that would be Geet, Sonata, Symphony, and Capella who just grabbed that mask. I think that’s what happened. I know they did grab a mask and I believe that is the mask of decay.

2 Likes

Kavix wonders what other Masks of Power were hidden across Okoto, and of any of them had the power to set things right in his life.

OOC: @TheMOCingbird What happened while I was gone?

Azure just sits at the fire quietly giving smiles once in awhile, she was still caught up in her own thoughts.

@Chromeharpoon, @Runa Tarkur sees that he’s falling behind so he starts to pick up the paste a bit so that he can catch up.

Geet’s group of adventurers climb the mountains, crossing into the jungle region.

OOC Could you just try to read the 50 posts? But, I guess I’ll fill you in. Basically all that has happened pertaining to your characters was this post-[quote=“Ghidora131, post:12313, topic:42569”]
Gladius and Blaze stalked out after the others, Gladius deciding it would be better not to start any conversations until they were well into their mission.

Some while later, the pair stalked up to the others. Gladius struck the flat of his blade against a particularly decayed tree, the rattling, empty shell of its remains producing a splintering ring throughout the general area. Some of the wildlife in the distance could be faintly heard scrambling to safety.

Looking back towards Blaze, he spoke, his voice rumbling out of his armour. “Ekimu has placed me in the position of authority over this escapade.” His eyes immediately locked on Mark before making himself tear them away. “If you have any concerns with the wisdom of Ekimu’s decision, or the choice of our destination, feel free to pull me aside and voice them, and I’ll be glad to show you the path back to the city.”

He walked over to a tree and set his sword against it. “We will rise as soon as dawn breaks, and no later.”
[/quote]

1 Like

Mark was confused, but decided to shut up. Vladin rolled his eyes. My other characters decided to ignore Gladius.

Kryuin noticed Vladin’s reaction. “It you have a problem with it then say something now as apposed to later.” He said to Vladin.

“I’ve said it before and I say it again. I don’t care if I lead you.”

Blaze took his hand from the fire and wiped off the ash from it. From where he sat, he looked to see if the others were looking well. He still kept quiet; partially in thought and partially out of fear of causing his freedom to be taken away if he said or did the wrong thing.

Geet checks the map and references the sky. He points in a direction. This way. He leads his party through the jungle.

Kryuin shrugged before walking over to a patch of soft moss and laid down, his eyes still glued to the fire.

They stay close to the border of the fire region as they head to Geet’s house.

Melody sighs,
“I doubt I was the only person called here.”
She leans against the door post of the meeting hall.

OOC:[quote=“Toa_Vladin, post:12343, topic:42569”]
What happened while I was gone?
[/quote]

Firstly, there’s not that many posts to read, so demanding somebody else give you a summary over such a trivial amount of posts is belittling.
Secondly, TheMOCingBird is not here to do everything for you. It doesn’t hurt to just spend the time reading through the posts.

IC:

Gladius’ iron glare fixed on Vladin momentarily before scanning the rest of the camp. Some faces he recognized, others slipped his memory, but he didn’t show his thoughts. Blaze seemed worried in his manner, but that was to be expected. He would talk to him before the journey was over.

Kryuin might be the best person in the camp to speak to about plans, considering he appeared to have some form of control over Vladin, of which he had not heard well of back at the hall. Most others were sitting or standing in silence as the moon began to rise. Then he noticed a dead vine, somewhat off the ground, tangled in the larger branches, but in a deliberate and mechanical manner.

His eyes tried to follow the vine, but it was too dark and the vine seemed to extend into the tops of the trees. With a bit of hesitation, he focused his eyes on the fire.

A fire was burning, but he was more concerned as to how many people were there, and moving as silently as he could. He wound another stick into the mass of vines he had layed about, confident there were enough to ensnare the entire party.

With his work there accomplished, he rose high into the trees as silent as the rustle of a leaf, where he continued to work on making arrows.

OOC: I’m voting we perform a timeskip pretty soon. Thoughts?

2 Likes

OOC I agree about a time skip.

IC Kryuin slowly begins to drift asleep.

Blaze sat quietly in his spot, gazing into the fire as if he were trying to read it in a way. Some time had passed before Blaze took out his family’s journal to read through it.

OOC: I too am in favor of a Time Skip.

If Gladius is so worried, the better word would probably be “uneasy” due to worry being a bit stronger of an emotion, about the vines, as signaled by his hesitation, why doesn’t he try to cut them or inspect them closer? I only ask because I am curious.

1 Like

OOC: Then a timeskip we shall have! Let me know if I miss any players:
@BlackBeltGamer98 @TheMOCingbird @Toa_Vladin @Tarkur @BrokenAxels @KAI_BORG

They’re quite above his height level, and he isn’t exactly a climber. Plus, he has a stoic disposition to maintain.

IC:

Dawn cracked on the small camp. Gladius was only half-awake, as he had forced himself to be semi-conscious the whole night, which had not only proved inadequate for monitoring, it also helped him to completely ignore that the whole camp had been surrounded by large wooden spikes taller than anyone there.

4 Likes