Pirates of the Caribbean

This has got to be the worst topic you’ve ever heard of.

But you have heard of it.

Discuss!

7 Likes

Hey, I was about to do that.
/mt

Pretty sure no one has heard of this topic you just made.
I have actually marathoned all four movies once.

Who’s hyped for PotC 5?

3 Likes

If it has Barbossa, I’ll probably watch it.
Thanks for letting me know that it’s in the works btw.

1 Like

I used to be so obsessed with those movies that for a long time that was all that I watched. Then my family went to Disneyland and of course my favorite ride was the Pirates of the Caribbean one.

5 Likes

I’ve got my fingers crossed. :smiley: I hear a lot of complaints about people being tired of Johnny Depp playing Jack Sparrow, but I suspect that’s mostly because he plays Sparrow in half the movies he’s in thee days. :stuck_out_tongue: If PotC 5 is good, I suspect most people will love getting more quality time with the not so good Captain.

Yeah, I watched them a lot in high school. Haven’t seen them much lately, though I still love to quote them. Seriously, the first one is at least as quotable as The Princess Bride.

3 Likes

“You’re mad.”

“Good, 'cause if I wasn’t, this would probably never work,”

Sounds like something Vezon would say.

5 Likes

Why’s all the rum gone?

5 Likes

One: because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two: that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire Royal Navy is out looking for me. Do you really think there is even the slightest chance they won’t see it?

4 Likes

For me, the movies were never really that amazing. They were definitely not bad, don’t get me wrong, but they just never lived up to my enjoyment on the PotC Ride.

1 Like

I still want the lego black pearl… :persevere:

4 Likes

I know someone IRL that does.

Sometimes, when he’s not looking I take pieces from it in secret.
/mt

These movies were fantastic back in their day.
sighs a breath of nostalgia

2 Likes

I never really cared for these movies. The series was that weird blend of humor, seriousness, and action that just left me confused. :no_mouth:

1 Like

@Clone_01354_Productions
You’re really gonna love Wes Anderson movies.

/s

2 Likes

My favorite one is still the first film. The 4th ruined blackbeard, though, because they made him so much less threatening. I mean, the magic sword was legit, but they didn’t do a lot with it. Plus he cared too much for his (nonexistent) daughter. The coolest part was Barbossa being a privateer with a peg-leg. That was awesome

The 2nd and 3rd where fine, just wasn’t as fun as the first film. I hope the 5th one makes me like the franchise more again.

3 Likes

The first movie is one of my all time favorites. I have it on my psp.

1 Like

My favorite was the third one…

so shoot me, cut out my tongue and trim up that scraggly beard.

3 Likes

I like the movies.

I hate how it was included in Kingdom Hearts.

You don’t know how stupid (a low res) Barbossa looks next to Pete.

I really love the tone and just plain fun-factor of the PoTC movies. @John_Smith is right, Black Pearl is extremely quotable. Dead Man’s Chest may not have had some of the first’s uniqueness, but IMO it made up for it with Davy Jones, the Kraken, the Mill fight, the Cannibal sequence and the soundtrack.

3 Likes

the first one was the best then they went down hil
l I remember on Christmas eve with my hf invasion sets waiting for the morning watching the third one

1 Like

I liked the first one. I think the second one ok. I didn’t like the third movie but was still bearable but i Hated the fourth one. It was too over the top, it strayed too far from the other movies and i wish they just ended the franchise at the third one. I will take that back if the fifth movie is good, but my exceptions are low.

1 Like