Pirates of the Caribbean

The Pirates of The Caribbean movies are freaking good.
The Fifth New Pirates Of The Caribbean Movie I’m not really excited for it until I see a trailer or a promo.

2 Likes

This scene is the most quotable out of all the movies!
/mt?

6 Likes

i have never seen these movies

this is all i know:

9 Likes

You heathen! You will be sacrificed to the Kraken!

/mt

2 Likes

That’s not good enough!

4 Likes

The first one was good. The second one was okay. The third one did it’s job. The fourth one felt stretched out.

3 Likes

I saw the first three; have yet to get around to the fourth. The first is of course my favorite, but I honestly liked them all - and my favorite moment was the incredibly surreal crab scene in At World’s End.

8 Likes

I honestly have absolutely no recollection of that scene. Then again, I only saw At World’s End once…

3 Likes

That had to be one of the most weirdest things in the whole series, and yet I still like it.

4 Likes

Heh, makes sense.

Indeed! I definitely enjoyed that a lot more than the needlessly gritty stuff that went on later.

2 Likes

It was the cool ideas like the crab scene and some of the incredible fights in the series that I really enjoy it for. The watermill fight is one of the coolest, but I also like the Blacksmith shop one.

3 Likes

Part 2. So much.

2 Likes

Release the Kraken!

2 Likes

Just watched Dead Man’s chest and World’s End at my Grandpa’s recently. They got me excited enough to learn the themes on guitar., I’m really hoping the new movie is good.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know what to expect. I miss the fun, light-hearted nature of the first two PotC movies. The new one (Dead Men Tell No Tales) seems a bit overly dark and which-craft/voodoo-y for my tastes.

I’m not much into all the occult-y stuff myself. Hopefully they don’t make it a true pirate movie and get it rated ARRRRRRR.

I love that underwater hair effect the villains have

Yeah. There’s a place for darkness and violence, but I’ve always felt like the Pirates movies had a large emphasis on humor (even if it was somewhat twisted at times). Judging by that recent teaser, it doesn’t look like the producers will be veering too far from that original formula.

Any of you play Pirates Online retribution?

I didn’t even know that was a thing…