Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

See, my whole thing Guzma is like

he has a good backstory, but as far as what happens in the game itself

I found his henchmen more charming, and his second-in-command more interesting.

It was interesting to see Hala act as the benevolent loving father figure Guzma never had. I think that little bit wrapped his character up rather well (for a Pokemon game at least. I really hope the next one takes some notes from TES and gives us a plethora of side stories)

1 Like

so i gave up for the time being about catching a shiny Rockruff.

so now im just going to level up my normal, female Rockruff, which i named Ruby.

now, try and guess were i got the name “Ruby” from.

here is a hint, its related to what “Midnight Lycanroc” is based on.

sorry. Remember that “Midnight Lycanroc” is more or less based on a werewolf. So which werewolf do you know of that is named “Ruby”

That one edgey punk kid in school that always had to step on the back of your shoes (and did other slightly annoying yet totally harmless things in order to seem “bad”), and sat in the back of the classroom with his cronies but was ultimately the joke of the entire school?

…actually, that sounds like Team Skull…

1 Like

[quote=“Tarvaax, post:1090, topic:23205”]around 58 hours of gameplay
[/quote] Isn’t that a bit too much? I mean, even someone who isn’t experienced with Pokémon could beat the game in 40 hours max.

I got a similar time, albeit 6 hours less. Pretty sure that factors in exploring all pre post game secret areas, fighting all trainers, finding all TM’s, and filling the pokedex as best as you can.

1 Like

I don’t use the exp. share, and always have my battle style as set. I also only use new Pokemon, which means I’m not going through the game with a salamence like some people. The game is designed for you to use random Pokemon without knowing their stats, after all. Honestly, using OP Pokemon because you know they’re OP is like stealth arching in Skyrim. (Try stealth arching in Morrowind. I dare you) I’m not saying you shouldn’t use Pseudos and just plain OP Pokemon, but old Pokemon games made them strictly late game for a reason. I mean, in GSC you couldn’t even get your hands on a Tyranitar until AFTER the Elite 4. This is the reason why I prefer Pokemon games that don’t allow old Pokemon. You’re forced to play more balanced. Just going through Sun and Moon with only new Pokemon is a totally different experience from using old reliable ones.

Some of us aren’t in a rush. I don’t understand people who try and plow through a Pokemon game. I play it like any other game. I pick my starter, get it up to level 10, see if there are any Pokemon I like in the grass, catch a few for the Pokedex (I save serious hunting for post game), make sure I have all accessible items, come back for items that weren’t accessible before, talk to every npc, try out every new facility/mitigate, take the story in as I go along, and make sure I’ve explored every single area.

My playtime after beating the champion was exactly 58 hours, so no it isn’t a bit much. That’s exactly how long the main game lasted for me. I’m not the type to move on to a new objective until I’ve scrubbed an area as clean as I can (save, Pokedex stuff)

Look dude

1% encounter rate for that Bagon

plus the hassle of actually getting to level 50

I’d say it’s pretty justifiable.

Plus it’s just cool. It’s a blue dragon with axe-blade shaped wings.

1 Like

I understand that, but it’s been widely available for use for two sets of games now. I think people should try new Pokemon, especially when a new pseudo is released. You can always use old ones on a second playthrough.

Understand that I’m not aiming this at people who aren’t conplaining about difficulty and play time. If you use old 'mons because you know they’re powerful and you like that, keep doing it man. If you enjoy it, then I support you.

My beef is with the vocal minority getting upset because they’re using Pokemon that the game isn’t geared towards. They’ve always been geared to offer a modestly challenging experience if you’re using current gen 'mon.

I don’t understand why people do this.
Its not like spending more time grinding makes the game any harder, its just spending more time leveling things up.

4 Likes

Yee
The new EXP Share really streamlines gameplay and lessens the need for grinding.
I’m playing Platinum right now, right after the Gen III games. The EXP Share in those games actually slows down gaining levels, because instead of one Pokemon gaining, say, 440 EXP for fainting a wild Pokemon or something, it’s 2 getting 220 EXP for fainting that same 'Mon, with the holder of the EXP Share hoarding all of the EVs.
With the new EXP Share, one Pokemon gets the full 440 EXP, while the rest of your party get that 220, including EVs. It helps you focus on completing whatever you’re supposed to do, while keeping all your boys at similar levels and lessening the need to grind simultaneously.

3 Likes

This Youtuber completed the main game in under 28 hours and the post game in roughly 5 hours. You can add them up to get the exact figure, but the game is completed easily with padding of him exploring and wondering what to do in under 33 hours.

Minus the 6 hours of cutscenes and then comes to a total of;

#27 hours

So even without multiple sources, a basic gameplay completed this game in 27 hours… 33 if you want to count the cutscenes.

While you may have got 58 hours of gameplay out of it, the game is actually smaller than most the other games.

1 Like

So because 1 guy beat the game quickly thats the average time?

[quote=“Scarilian, post:1106, topic:23205”]
Minus the 6 hours of cutscenes
[/quote]Why do we need to remove the cutscene time?

1 Like

Its not an average time, but it proves someone who isn’t even trying to be fast can beat the main and post game in 27 hours (33 with cutscenes)

Because cut scenes aren’t often considered playtime - its where you sit pressing ‘a’ while reading text or see a scene that happens without your input.

But there is the possibility that this YouTuber played the game fast even if it doesn’t seem fast so he could upload his videos on time. Did he just go through the main game and post game and that’s it or did he also explore?

2 Likes

I mean, I’m no YouTuber, but I beat ORAS within the same timespan. /shrug

1 Like

Well I’m saying you can’t really use a YouTuber as an example in this case since sun and moon recently came out. The hype for the games is till here and any poketuber uploading sun and moon content get views. So play through the game quick so they can upload the videos, and get the most views with the hype that’s still around from these games.

I mean I beat the game in a little over 30 hours or so. Without the the cut scenes roughly 24 hours it took me to beat the game, and I was playing at a pretty slow pace.

2 Likes

As someone who beat the game a few days ago, I sincerely doubt there were six hours of cutscenes. That’s a ludicrous guess.

1 Like

6 hours ten minutes… It wasn’t a guess either.

It a possibility, though the thing is every Pokémon game is designed with 20-30 hours of gameplay. I’m unsure why, but that’s the average core time its meant to take - primarily I’d guess because its story driven and they want it spaced out at a reasonable level. Sun/Moon seems the same.

Obviously you can gain more or less time depending on how you play;

• Turning off the EXP share will force you to grind longer
  • Capturing Pokémon
  • Going after specific Pokémon
  • Ensuring you have a specific level before each fight
  • Exploring areas
  • Talking to NPC’s
  • Trading
  • Farming

The core feature with Pokemon is always the Pokedex which can add hours onto the gameplay if you are trying to catch them all yourself - trading obviously has an effect on this, but the point is that it being around 24-30 hours isn’t a bad thing for a main and post story.

I’m not trusting that. Skimming through the video, the uploader did things like counting the elite four intros as cutscenes, and also apparently waited between each button press for at least 10 seconds (judging from some comments).

If it was actually 6 hours of cutscenes, then it sure didn’t feel like it when I played. Which is a good thing, if i must say.

4 Likes