Possible 2018 Standalone CCBS/Constraction Theme?

so since nexo knights is getting cancelled early, i guess that means this new theme is likely it’s successor since it’s gonna have a tv show

Is it? Nexo Knights launched in 2016, right? 2016, 2017, and then winter 2018. That’s the exact same amount of waves that NinjaGo had until it got unprecedentedly continued. It follows the 3 year life span that LEGO uses for it’s themes.

3 Likes

chima had more waves than nexo knights

I’m glad that you’re excited man, but all of these things are “ifs”.

Yeah, this is pretty spot-on; if anything, Nexo Knights lasted longer by getting five waves of kits.

And yeah, LoC saw a few more waves; however, that was during the earlier years of the decade, when TLG was still messing around trying to find the next story theme to be a smash hit á la G1. I mean, that’s my current theory.

It was Ninjago.

3 Likes

chima got 6 waves, nexo knights is only getting 5 waves

…* may be only getting five waves.

As a little update, "voloctoreb* doesn’t appear to be German, Italian, Norwegian, or Danish; at least, not according to Google Translate. Additionally, it doesn’t register via the old test that was in use back in 2014 at lego.com as a theme that is “coming soon”; however, I’ve been told that the old “search test” may no longer work. Additionally, the name is pretty much guaranteed to either be preliminary or fake, so the point is likely moot from the start.

2 Likes

TLG considered cancelling it earlier this year but the sales of winter sets saved it.
This would had meant the resent summer wave would had been last.

Just from looking at the 2018 set leaks, It doesn’t look like a wave that would wrap the theme up so I’m positive there will be one for summer as well.
I’m almost 100% certain it won’t survive to 2019 at this rate tho.

Ninjago wasn’t originally cancelled because it wasn’t successful, it was just not meant to continue anymore.

2 Likes

so why did the guy with the catalog say there’s no summer wave sets fro nexo knights?

So, what we’re saying is that he or she may be lying.

To be fair, we thought the same thing about the Summer 2016 wave of G2, didn’t we?

1 Like

I experimented a bit using Google Translate. I tried breaking Voloctoreb into every possible word or syllable, and ran it trough the Danish and Auto-Detect options. The only matches I got were:

Vo, Slovak for within,
Volo, Italian for flight,
Olo, Finnish for feeling,
Olocto, Spanish for owl,
Loc, Romanian for place,
Toreb, Polish for bags,
and a few Latin things like Octo.

None of that really matches up to what would be expected for a constraction theme name, codename or otherwise.

It honestly sounds like a young kid trying to come up with a cool sounding, original name, and failing miserably.

6 Likes

so you’re saying the name of this theme could be a combination of different words

Yeah, I tried that as well when I first heard the name. If y’all don’t mind me asking, where are you hearing this name from? It’s not sounding too plausible ATM.

Well, actually, he’s saying that it’s probably not a legitimate lead.

2 Likes

Well, Bionicle stands for Biological Chronicle. Galidor uses Galaxy. Voloctoreb is too uncatchy to be anything but a combination of words from a non-English language, or complete gibberish.

I’d bank wholeheartedly on the later.

I am 100% certain the name Voloctoreb is fake.

IDK, I think @Tenion_Balljointsov is the one who first mentioned it.

5 Likes

what if the reason why they have masks is because they’re gonna have yellow heads just like ninjago ccbs knock offs so it works with system’s aesthetic

currently the name rumor have to be fake.

but unless we know if the persion who made that rumor is connected to the other one, then we should not tie the two rumors together.

For all we know the name rumor might have been made by someone who has heard about the “leak” we are talking about, and who just wanted to mess with people.

4 Likes

A pretty surprising number of folks don’t know this, lol.

I never knew this origin, for the record.

4 Likes

if that’s true then they’re clearly robbed a hype train

I’m looking forward to #OwlBags2018

16 Likes

Oy! Can’t wait for the bike riding owl. #Owlyear2018

1 Like

Upon further examination…

Within Owl Bags is the name of the theme. It will feature small owl figurines packaged snugly within resealable bags, similar to Hero Factory’s convention. The lore will center on the possible theories on what the deeper, more spiritual meaning of the bags is.

###Look within the mystical owl bags to hunt down the true meaning of the mysterious owl prohecy! Each set sold separately.

12 Likes