Reclaiming Iden Nui Sign Up

I might end up joining this…

No it’s balanced this time promise

I’ll copy paste the profile with slight alterations.

Name: Eric

Species: Matoran

Element: Shadow

Kanohi: Noble Avsa

Appearance:

Powers, Weapons, and Abilities:

• Eric’s rhotuka which he calls “Pretender” allows him to change the shape and appearance of objects, but leaving the qualities the same. As an example, if he were to turn a knife into a feather, the feather would weigh and have the same durability as the knife but have the appearance of the feather. The effect isn’t permanent and wears off in proportion to the size of the object, with smaller objects being affected for several weeks, if not months, while larger objects being affected for only a couple days or less. Without a rhotuka launcher Eric would need to touch an object to affect it, and needs to stay in contact with living organisms and objects larger than himself longer for it to affect them.
  • Due to makuta experimentation Eric has the ability to harden parts of him into a nearly invulnerable material. He can do so nearly instantly, but can only do so to a small portion of his body, somewhere between a fifth or a fourth depending on how much he focuses. It’s possible that with time the ability might become more developed, but with Eric’s lack of patience its highly unlikely that he’ll take the time to do so.
  • Like all shadow matoran Eric can fire shadow bolts.
  • Eric is in possession of a device that utilizes a Weapons Creation Kanoka, that when activated will create the weapon he is thinking of, if he has used it before and understands its abilities*. If not a warped and unstable version of the weapon will come into existence, prone to exploding if it has an ability and the user attempts to use it.
  • List of Weapons Eric can create with his device (as of right now)*
  • Various standard melee weapons
  • Lightstone Rifle
  • Power Swords
  • Kanoka Swords*

Wouldn’t be able to use said Kanoka Sword’s abilities*

Personality:
Cunning, suspicious of others, dislikes those who instantly associates shadow with evil, and simultaneously loves and hates makuta for turning him into what he is now. As an Av-Matoran he was quite patient but upon losing his inner light lost that quality, and is easily angered.

Backstory: Once was part of a matoran village and worked as a crafter, constructing various devices like kanoka tech, power swords, and other weapons useful for matoran. He was known in the village for his detailed and meticulous work, born from a love of the craft and patience. However he never acquired a lot of popularity, for he took quite a bit of time to complete his work, and most weren’t willing to wait that long. But life was fine, up until the makuta decided he needed some more test subjects. His village was attacked and he and the others captured. Months would follow as the villagers were experimented on, losing their light and being mutated into terrible things. By the time the Makuta got around to Eric he was bored with the obvious mutations like claws, wings, etc., so he gave Eric the ability to harden his skin and accidentally gave him the ability to channel his rhotuka energy through touch. This ended up backfiring, as Eric was able to use it to escape later, sneaking past guards and such to freedom. He’d then plot his revenge, wanting to do all he can to hinder and hurt the one who did this to him.

Oh yeah, you should include protocarins.

So far I’m split on the character. (As previously mentioned, elemental powers can be unlocked later on, so those are fine, but can’t be used at the beginning) the technology is what split me. As previously stated we aren’t using kanoka tech, but we’re going to be using more steampunk style tech.
Your character is fine, but I would like it if you limited the tech just a bit more.

1 Like

Here’s an idea. What if when the matoran “unlock” their powers, they become toa? I know you have a pre-built story in mind, but I just thought this would be a good suggestion to make.

Well…there are toa stones and I’m adding a more common and weaker variation called power stones.

(Welp… I was going to make that a surprise…you kinda guessed a plot point…

Great suggestion.)

3 Likes

So, Makuta are canon? Make sure he can’t play one!

There’s only one Makuta here, kinda hard to play the main villain.
(Though I am also limiting that makuta’s powers by taking away dodge and accuracy. Taking away pretty much anything that can autohit or autododge)

1 Like

Ah, well then, would said makuta even bother with doing said mutations and such Eric apparently has?

Being as no knows what he is like and he’s already mutated Rahi. It’s pretty plausible. He is weaker then the G1 Makuta, so he’ll need an army.

1 Like

Eh, well then, here’s to hoping he doesn’t try to pull another IOM.

Also, Protocarin appear to not exist.

I’m trying to focus on smart plays rather than power plays,so stronger enemies can be taken care of with teammates. (Reason for trying to have weaker PCs, but eh I’m going for more of a story and a few planned events. I can’t give everything away.)

I’m just basing that off of the canon elemental powers matoran have in G1 have. Like fire and plasma matoran have resistance to heat, etc.

Also, how would you suggest limiting the already limited technology?

hah who needs those. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I mean, you never stated how big said explosion was, and would there even Kanohi such as these on this island?

Also, protocarin still don’t seem to show up anywhere.

Could I use my self-moc? (theres a mafia universe where i am a matoran, so I would use that). I’m just concerned because my elements are both fire and ice.

One letter off

Oh. I see. In that case, I’ll definitely be joining. I got a great new idea for a character.

1 Like

Thank you… also, that was copied from your own writing! Haha!

I realized that… >.>

Yes, well I personally would choose one element, but if you really want those two. I don’t think it’ll be a huge issue.
@Omega_Tahu
Well maybe add a energy source to so it’ll need to recharge. Pretty much just do something to weaken the technology I’m not going to be to specific on it, because it is your character.
(Pretty much just add a needed power source to the pretender and you’ll be good)
For the elemental powers, it’s pretty much the offensive powers that will be unlocked. Any elemental power that is more of a trait than anything else will be kept.

I’m not going to be able to summon weapons for the entire group at a time, if you’re worried about that.

Also the shadow bolts are the elemental traits for shadow matoran, like light matoran have the ability to fire bolts of light. It’s not a very powerful ability if that’s what you’re worried about.