Return of the Never Ending RP: Main Topic

In the year 1827, Humanity made the greatest discover in it’s history: Magic. Magic allowed humanity to make technology centuries ahead of it’s time. We had the internet and cloud by 1900. We were space fairing in 1935. And in 1967, we were able to terraform other terrestrial bodies in our solar system, like Mars, Titan, and Venus.

The year is now 2070. Human lifespan has increased from 80 years to 150. We’ve managed to travel to nearby star systems, such as Alpha Centauri, Sirius, and Epsilon Eraidani with rudimentary FTL that can take us 20 light years away in just a week.

However, no other life has been found yet. Human governments have banned the travel beyond 20 light years, and those that go that far never return. As well, governments are also unable to hold much control over planets farther out. Many are dominated by pirates and bandits, and those living there have their own rudimentary governments.

It is a time of exploration, and adventure.

Welcome back to the Never Ending RP!
Sign up here: http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/return-of-the-never-ending-rp-discussion-signup/33166
Plot summary: http://board.ttvchannel.com/t/return-of-the-never-ending-rp-summary/33196

Rules:

1. Stay on topic. If the plot is moving in one direction, so do you. And you can’t say something like “Then suddenly the ground falls and we’re in some new dimension,” or “X dies and is gone.” If you do, me, JMP, or Shade will make it non-canon and will ignore it.

2. No overpowered characters. This is a hard one to monitor, as OP can be subjective, but if we think something is too OP, we will ask you to remove it, or nerf it.

3. No joke characters, like, say, Simba. Let’s keep some semblance of seriousness.

February 2nd, 2060
Perseus, Sirius System
50 miles from the capital, New Amsterdam

“We got quite the haul here boss.”

“You got that right. Shame you won’t be getting any.”

And with that, the pirate threw his subordinate off of the train and into the ground. He was pleased with himself. After today’s haul, he’d be rich.

Or he would, if he were to survive the day.

He could hear a rumbling in the distance.

“Wha… Ah, darn.”

There, on the horizon and closing in fast, was a small ship. He recognized it as on that his fellow pirates had seen before. He grabbed his gun and desperately opened fire on it, but since he was a mere mook, and this was a ship it didn’t really do a whole lot.

As the ship flew overhead, a woman jumped out and onto the train. She grabbed her sword and quickly dispatched the three pirates surrounding her.

“Three down. How many did you say you detected?” She spoke into her comm.

“About eleven. And Sam, you really should let me down there. You can’t take them all on alone.” A feminine voice replied.

“Relax Katie. I got this.” Sam smirked. She rushed ahead, drawing her revolver and unloading a bolt of plasma into another nearby pirate. A third rushed her, but she easily blocked his swing with her sword, before thrusting it into his chest. She jumped onto the next car, and down through a hatch on it’s roof, landing on a mook. Before the other tow could realized what’d happened, she sliced in front of her, resulting in another pair of dead pirates.

She kicked open the car door, and fired into another two pirates, leaving only one left.

“Do you know who I am?!” He demanded.

“No. Nor do I care.” She then fired, and the once living pirate’s corpse fell off the train. She called Katie. “It’s all clear. Told you I got this.”

“Brag about it, why don’t you?”

“Oh, I intend to. Bring 'er down.”

Note for the writers: All characters start in this general area.
@Ghosty @Plural @jayzor17 @JMP @Chedzu

3 Likes

Another small ship veers off its course towards New Amsterdam to track the ship following the train.

“Wonder what’s up with that?” Jayzor mutters to himself.

“The ship’s sensors are detecting unusual amounts of plasma,” a synthetic and feminine voice says through his headphones.

“Wasn’t asking you, ‘Mom’.” Jayzor replies. He pauses for a moment, watching the train. “Do you think there are pirates down there?”

“Am I expected to answer that?”

“Sure, why not.”

“Given the area, train line, and time of day, there is approximately a 40.0% chance that there is pirate activity occuring.”

“So, maybe pirates.”

“If you say so.”

JMP looked through binoculars towards the ships as he surveys the area, revving up his bike

“Looks like trouble… may aswell see where this goes while on my supply trip”

Kickstand up, he rode his bike off the hill towards the commotion

Sam hopped onto the ramp leading into Jericho, and made her way up into the bridge. “How’s she 'doin?”

The ship’s AI, Beowulf, flickered to life. “The ship is doing fine, though we will need to make a stop at New Amsterdam for fuel.”

“And while we’re there, maybe we should take a quick day to relax. It’s been a while.” Katie added, hopefully.

“Oh yeah. I need a breather.”

Katie pumped her fist. “Yes!

“Well we should be pulling into the city in about 10 minutes.” Beowulf stated.

JMP, on his bike, passed by, passing a glance before driving ahead on his bike

JMP sees another motorcycle approaching in the distance.

“Hmph. Welp it looks like I may aswell move ahead…”

As the sounds of cars neared, JMP took a detour and went through to the main road, passing cars and getting into the city limits to the city

“Train heist, looks fun.”
Death said too him self, he jumped on his speeder bike speeding towards the train.

After a few minutes of travel, Jericho finally set down in New Amsterdam. New Amsterdam was one of the few large cities this far in the frontier. Initially the EU set her up as a way-station for travel beyond 13 lightyears, but as it was soon discovered that there wasn’t much to be afraid of beyond that point, the city was repurposed into the capital of Perseus.

Sam and Katie walked out of the ship and onto the docking bay. Sam turned to Beowulf. “Keep her ready for us, alright?”

“Of course, Captain.”

“Alright, where to first?” Katie asked.

“Food.”

“Agreed. If I recall correctly there was a good American Food restaurant near the outskirts.” Katie recalled.

“Good. I could use a nice reminder of home.”

Sam called a skycab and the pair rode off to the outskirts.

1 Like

“Death this is midnight aboard the maruader awaiting further instructions”

“I’m in new Amsterdam, there’s a Landing zone 3 clicks out meet me there.”

Meanwhile, in New Amsterdam…

“…Aaaand that’s about everything!”

As the sliding doors of the grocery store opened to the sides, a short, green and black entity walked out, followed by four small yellow drones; all holding grocery bags. The drones were self-aware, often times clumsily colliding with one another and dropping a few food items. They’d hurriedly pick them back up and place them back in the bag, later acting as if nothing ever happened, probably as to not irk their superior.

“Aight, let’s- wait, which way did we come from… ah! Yeah, let’s head back to the Mainframe. Don’t wanna keep Pas waiting.”-said the figure, gesturing to the left. As he walked, the drones all followed in a single line, sometimes veering off to the sides.

This entity, known as Chedzu, had arrived on Perseus with his crew only a few days back, with the purpose of searching the land for a durable material required for the development of the very drones that followed him: the Kilos. As it turns out, they had run out of food and water a few days later, and so they had to take a detour and visit the nearby city to restock their fridge.

After several minutes of walking, one of the Kilos gestured to Chedzu, poking at his leg. As he lowered himself to listen to it, it made several unintellible chirping noises that he seemed to understand.

“Good question. Well, y’see, since we’re all either A.I.s or robots, we don’t share the same need for eating food that regular humans have. However, we–”

Chedzu stopped in his tracks as he saw a motorcycle speed by (@JMP) him. It was followed almost immediately by another two blurs (@Ghosty, @Deathworks235).

“…What’s with all the bikes? Was there a sale at the auto shop, or something?”- he paused briefly, and later turned to the Kilos -"…Take these groceries to the ship, I’ll meet you all there in a few minutes."

As Chedzu began to run off in pursuit of the bikes, he stopped and turned to the Kilos once more:

“…And if any of you drop even one of those, well… I can’t guarantee one of you will survive the rest of the day.”

The A.I construct playfully winked, as he continued his chase. The Kilos all trembled, looking amongst themselves and wondering what to do. One of them calmed them all down, chirping their master plan to get the groceries back to the ship safely. Afterwards, they all ran off, colliding with one another and dropping every single bag.

Panic ensued on the sidewalk as the milk spilled.

JMP stops his bike, putting up the kickstand and getting up towards the Market

“Kids these days” He says, Muttering after walking by a playground towards one of the stalls

As Sam and Katie sat and ate, they overheard a conversation from some nearby officials.

“That pack of pirates may be dead, but there are still hundreds, maybe even thousands more out there.”

“How did they even get so many? They’re pirates.

“I dunno. They must have some sort of benefactor or supporter.”

Suddenly, sirens began to blare throughout the city streets. “All citizens beware: Pirate attack inbound. This is not a drill. All citizens beware…”

Everyone in the restaurant shot up from their seats. Most people ran from the building. Sam looked at Katie. “We have to help.”

“I don’t think so.” The officials walked up to them. “It’s too dangerous. You need to leave.”

“Are you kidding me? We’re helping.” Sam stated, matter-of-factly.

“You are citizens. We cannot let you help.”

“Oh you will. Remember that train raid that a pair of vigilantes stopped? That was us. We can help, you just have to let us.” Katie replied.

The official paused, then sighed. “Alright. You have a ship?”

“Of course.” Sam replied.

“Then get to your ship-” An explosion rocked out. “Nevermind! Follow us!”

The four of them rushed out of the building, and right into a group of three pirates. The pirates killed the officials immediately. Sam followed up by unloading a round of plasma into the first, while Katie followed up with two quick headshots. They were about start running to the center of town, when a bike rode up to them.

“Hey! You two look armed! You gonna help drive off this attack?” The man asked.

“Yeah, of course.” Sam replied.

“Good. I’m @JMP . What’s your name?”

“I’m Sam, this is my lieutenant Katie. Are you gonna help?”

Meanwhile, a ship is approaching the Sirius System. “Captain Marius, approaching Sirius system, only 5 parsecs away currently, we’ll be there in about 5 minutes.” One of the crew said.
“Good. Leave the Empress circling the system when we get there, I’ll go in personally” Marius replies.
“Are you sure?”
"Yes.’’

1 Like

A massive dropship enters the atmosphere
“Yo death I’m at the landing zone, what know?”

“Now you stay put and park the ship.”
Death barks over his comm and stops at the grocery store Chedzu was at.
“Let’s see what’s on sale”
As he draws his weapons.

[[Are you aware the city is currently being raided by pirates? Not a great idea for your characters to being grocery shopping.]]

1 Like

([(Alright never mind)]
Death hops back on his bike and speeds towards the shipyard

As they get close, Marius’ ship deploys from the Empress and starts heading for the planet. “Is the cloaking device ready to be used?” he asks over the intercom.
“It’s still a prototype, it won’t last very long.”
"But will it work?’’
“Not for long, but yes.”
“Good enough.”
Marius activates the prototype cloaking device, making him appear human. As he lands on the planet, he jumps out of his ship and sees the attacking pirates drawing his sword, and engaging some pirates in battle.

As death passes Sam and Katie he slowed down and said “sup ladies?”
Then continued his trip to the shipyard

He passes by Marius as he was getting overwhelmed by pirates, even while using his sword and laser. “A little help?” He asks of Death.

1 Like