Rooster Teeth's RWBY [Discussion]

That is really good, I am concerned that when she fights the Grimm it looks a bit, video game like? It doesn’t have much of Monty’s chaos style.

That was a really good trailer. Like really good. Can’t wait for the full Volume.

3 Likes

Just the trailer and looking at all the Harambe jokes in the comments. Moral of the story: don’t put gorillas in your show, video game, or movie in 2016.

5 Likes

I just watched it. I can’t wait any longer.

1 Like

I love how they gave the grim a fighting style and not just charge like before

Greatest moments.

I want to ask you guys a serious question tho, how would you guys feel about them re-doing the first 3 seasons, keeping it mostly the same but re animating it. I know I wouldn’t mind since some parts of season one are really bad, but I know some people would definitely be apposed to it. I would be fine with it cause I know the lower quality of at least the first season puts people off, and for some wading through something sub par to get to the really good stuff just isn’t appealing, and I feel for those people who miss out on the series cause of it. Then there’s a morality question of changing a deadmans last works.

This is going to start a heated argument isn’t it…

4 Likes

I think it would be cool. They did that with the first few seasons of RvB, so…

They did?

The difference is that RWBY is recent, and all the controversy of changing Monty’s work, people would complain if they change pretty much anything.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind them redoing most of Volume 1 and some of Volume 2, but Volume 3 was pretty good. But Volume 4 looks stellar.

4 Likes

They have majorly stepped up their animation game, I’M SO EXCITED. I saw the trailer and instantly started binge- re watching the series from the start. Forgot how brilliant the writing was. I just finished volume 3 :frowning: , But, hey gotta’ be ready for when volume 4 drops

3 Likes

I’ve seen people on the fence about the new animation and I will admit it is a bit jarring at first but I think of it like rvb when it switched to halo 4 and after a while it was fine and the animation became some of the best not done by Monty

2 Likes

I don’t think I would mind a revamp in animation. Some people freak out too much about preserving what Monty made, but I think Monty would agree that it would be kind of nice to see the older episodes improve in animation.

Love the animation in this new trailer btw.

4 Likes

I personally found the trailer to be, overall, a step up. There were a few awkward shots though, mostly due to mediocre camera placement and movement, only a few due to odd animations that looked out of place. I found it looked more like a video game than show at some points, and though video games can get away with this because you’re controlling the character, it’s really not excusable in animation that’s proven to be capable of MUCH better. I’ll miss the old fight styles, but so long as the fights look more like the one with the much larger grim and not the video game like fight with the smaller ones, I can accept it.

I would not mind if seasons 1 & parts of 2 were reanimated, so long as the action sequences wouldn’t suffer.

5 Likes

glorious poster too good to **********

13 Likes

i need itttt

With the poster, we also get our first looks at JN_R’s new designs. While they’re nothing too major, I like Jaune’s new design the most. The copper/gold bits in his armor look pretty good and match with Crocea Mors’ color scheme.

2 Likes

Looks pretty cool, I am a bit bummed that JN_R did not get any major updates, but cool regardless.

Nora’s got a jacket and a skirt-thingy, but otherwise just disappointingly similar.

Still, the art here is great; is the focus from Blake to Yang just a representation of the character’s importance? I mean, that’s not how you spell WBY.

1 Like

Is anyone else eriously concerned that yang may become an emotional train wreck

I hope she does, she has no personality pre-armslice…

Disagreed: Yang’s been shown to be protective of Ruby, in that way a big sister would be. She’s also given Blake that pep talk back in season 2, and all OOC for that matter. Besides, it’s not like she hasn’t been established as the fun-lover.

Of course, you’re half right: Yang hasn’t really changed very much. However, turning her into an angry, depressed, emotional wreck wouldn’t really develop her into someone more experienced; rather, it’d likely change her character for the worst. Making a character “edgy” doesn’t flesh them out.

1 Like