RWBY: The Crescent Rose

So one day I decided to build a functional recreation of Ruby’s sniper scythe mainly because it’s one of the coolest weapons ever. The results were meh, so after a month or two I rebuilt it with a missile launcher in the middle and produced this. :stuck_out_tongue:

Imgur

No, I don’t plan on building a Toa Ruby anytime soon, my self MOC will have to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

Imgur

Gallery: The Crescent Rose (2.0) | Flickr

84 Likes

IT IS AMAZING I have wanted to build something like this forever. Please make instructions

my only complaint is that it’s sniper mode looks more like a heavy canon than a sniper

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a pity Legos don’t work properly with anime physics. :stuck_out_tongue: I pretty much just cared about function on this model, hence why the colors are all off.

Aside from the obsess amount of blue pins/axles, the reputation is pretty good for a technic perspective-

That is a snazzy bit of engineering. Great work.

-Mesonak

4 Likes

Holy carp! It’s beautiful!

Can we get a “how to” on this ASAP???

I know absolutely nothing about RWYB, but this thing looks super snazzy. A how-to would be most welcome.

Also that gif is great for displaying the functionality.

It’s also a gun.

Neither do I.

4 Likes

Not seeing too much sniper in the sniper form but other wise this is really good and the transforming mechanism is great.

I’m very impressed, not just with the accuracy but the fluidity and engineering of the function.

Wachting the show it is one YouTube, you will see it then.

I mean

It’s close. Not exact, but close.

3 Likes

Yeahhh you can tell what I prioritized rather easily… :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s some really nice engineering going on, I’m really quite impressed. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is cool, reminds me of the switch axe from the monster hunter series :+1:

Looks really nice

Thanks! I plan on becoming an engineer when I grow up, so building this kind of Bionicle weaponry is rather fun to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is legit :thumbsup: