RWBY: The Rift (Topic)

“Sayo started in Sanctum and decided to go to Shade. She wanted to be a sort of bounty hunter,” Gawain says.

“Yep. It’s good practice and I get to thwart some bandits’ plans.”

“what’s your semblance?”

“Oh, let me show you.” She stands up and slowly turns white before she bursts into snowflakes. The stream of snow dashes around the tents before she reverts, catching her breath. “That’s pretty much it. Nothing too flashy.” She looks at Ammy.

“What?” he says.

“odd… can i ask what color aura you have?”

“Sure. It’s white.”

“and there’s one difference…”

“What was that?” she says.

“you two are eerily similar.”

She tilts her head. “Is he a pretty girl as well?” she asks jokingly.

“Pretty sure when your nickname is ‘Crimson Demon’, that implies something,” Ammy says.

“You wanna run that by me again, Feathers?”

“All I can say is I thought even Kota was prettier,” he jokes.

Sayo just laughs while Gawain looks away.

“he’s… yeah…”

“Yeah? What’s up?” Ammy says, suddenly switching to a worried tone.

“they look nearly identical…”

They looked at each other. “Maybe . . . it’s just a coincidence,” Sayo suggests.

“well that, plus the name, plus the attitude, and the nearly identical semblance makes me think there is more to this.”

Gawain and Ammy look at Sayo. She fidgeted before sighing and saying, “We’ll talk about this tomorrow.” She grabs her weapon and walks into her tent.

she grabbed her arm and said sternly “no, i think now’s a good time.”

She drops her weapon. “Sayo, what’s this about?” Gawain asks.

“Let go of me,” she says. “I need to change if we’re gonna talk.”

she does but not before disabling her semblance.

The ashes fall from her tail and her eyes turn yellow. She goes into her tent and comes back out, dressed in Yalani’s clothing and armor. Her hair had the coyote ears and was braided, she had earrings, and her markings were revealed. “. . . Fine. You caught me.” Gawain and Ammy looked surprised.

“explain, now.”