Sachel - Ghost of the Library (Gilahu's BP Makuta Revamps)

Name: Sachel
Kanohi: Saikeru, Great Mask of Stasis
Assigned region: None

Backstory:

Sachel was the Head Librarian of the Brotherhood of Makuta and in his time one of the most learned beings in the Matoran Universe. Some said he knew all the information stored in the Destal library by heart – although that of course was an exaggeration.
Originally the library’s purpose and his task only was to keep all the Rahi creation recipes in order, but as other Makuta began to write various texts themselves and especially after the Brotherhood began having a military presence within the Matoran Universe Sachel’s tasks expanded considerably since Miserix wanted the library on Destral to include every bit of knowledge the Brotherhood gathered. This also included the archival storage of important artifacts, which grew to be Sachel’s favorite sector. He would spend more and more time acquiring interesting and valuable artifacts or at least replicas of them to add to his collection.
While not being an overly social fellow, Sachel respected those of his brethren who spent their time adding knowledge to his library or at least used it frequently and took care not to damage anything. In these cases he was always happy to help out with his own knowledge.
The members of the military department of the Brotherhood on the other hand he considered to be no more than ruffians who couldn’t even be trusted for a second to not break anything. Whoever rather spent his time beating someone up instead of learning something useful couldn’t be worthy of his library. Only Miserix’s direct order to allow every Makuta in the library stopped Sachel from actually banning the warriors from its halls. Still he made sure that the warriors would always be served by attendants rather than being let loose between the shelves.
Everyone had to be careful around Sachel’s “treasures”, though. A servant who once dropped and shattered a tablet Sachel incinerated on the spot and when Spiriah accidentally spilled some acid over a Rahi recipe, Sachel actually threw him out the window – Spiriah avoided the library until Sachel’s death after this incident. Especially the fact that Sachel liked to become intangible and simply walk through the shelves instead of around them and thus could potentially appear anywhere at any moment without a warning made many people quite uneasy.

Some time before the Barraki’s attempt to attack Mata Nui Sachel got word of a fabled artifact called the “Mask of Immortality”. His interest drawn, he set off to find this mask – but never returned. Eventually his lifeless body was found – missing a hand, although it was determined that the cause for his death had been of Psionic nature. Someone – or something – had completely erased his mind, leaving only a hull.

Xoth followed Sachel as Head Librarian, but while he also was a superb scholar, he lacked Sachel’s ability to intimidate others completely, resulting in a noticeable loosening of the library rules.

Equipment:
Sachel wore the Knaohi Saikeru, Great Mask of Stasis which allowed him to easily set up Stasis fields around objects or beings. These fields could be temporary or permanent, with temporary fields requiring concentration, but being harder to break than permanent ones. Permanent fields were relatively easy to break out of but didn’t require permanent concentration.
While in his library Sachel liked wielding a Scepter of Levitation. It could be used to easily access things on higher shelves as well as served as a source of light in the dark corridors.

And more pics (sorry for different backrounds/slight blurryness - I just couldn’t get my camera to focus properly on everything at once. I blame it on the protruding head as well as the strong contrast)

Size comparison:

Head (old picture of the WIP, but the head is finished):

Steps to make the cloak:

MOC based on @Sammythekat’s Makuta Sachel

Phew… this MOC took me long enough. It was really refreshing to build something with… different proportions for once, though. The goal specificly was for Sachel to be spindly and kinda creepy with a rather big torso and broad shoulders. And also a hunchback.
Pretty happy with how he turned out, although maybe the legs could still be improved a little… All those spikes originally weren’t planned, but those horns worked so well on the mask buildwise (filling in huge gaps on the side) that I decided to add them.

The staff design was inspired by @BlackboltJohnson’s MOC Corinthius the Cunning.

Group pic - 11 done! (posting Furtaan later today (hopefully)):

27 Likes

legs are to thin, and don’t have enough texture. Other then that, it’s amazing.

2 Likes

that’s the point- the limbs are meant to be thin, especially in comparison to the torso.

honestly, the visorak foot parts make for amazing standins for the the CCBS claw parts

Amazing rework of him, Gil!

2 Likes

Bruh.

Noice.

2 Likes

@Sammythekat I see what you mean.
Another thing, I don’t think the lower legs are long enough.

1 Like

Whoa… I like him much better than Ornek. The double-layered spike texture on the thighs looks fantasic, and the chest integrates the Exo-force arms extremely well. The spike texture on the lower arms matches the Roboriders head peice pretty well, and to some extent the visorak foot too. However, the upper arm is very wide in comparison to its thickness, and I feel that the other style of Inika foot would work better due to the spiky toes it has matching the generally spiky feel of the Moc. I’ve said spiky too much.

2 Likes