Salvation: Part II

Blight narrows his eye. “I guess you haven’t had that long to move on.”

“No,” she said with a sigh, “but it’s the way of things. All things come to an end, be it a person or a niche, sci-fi franchise.”

“Or a friendship,” Blight agreed solemnly. “But that doesn’t make endings any more fun. Knowing something’s going to end is different than experiencing it.”

“I’ve found, in my short little life that knowing something’s coming makes the waiting that much worse.”

Driftshot sighs,
“I guess I’ll have to. Though I’ll need to ask you to refrain from telling anyone else. It’s the same for anyone else in this room. I do still need both identities to be kept somewhat separate.”

Actaeon raises an eyebrow,
“Well, perhaps you should work on how your patients feel. Let’s put the swords back if possible. I’m starting to think that it won’t be any of these.”
He sighs looking at each sentinel that lined the walls and the partitions in the middle of the hall.
“Daria what do you think?”

Daria, who’s been leaning against the wall, watching them,
“If only one sentinel is missing their supposed sword, then it might do us some good to try looking for it. Heck, it could be the Omega Key for all we know.”

Quickly, Spectrum scanned the nearest flying thing (The Salvation), and transformed into a smaller, simpler version of it.
She revved her thrusters and sped after Pixel.

Forcep nods.

“If you want to take him off my hands, feel free,” the medic offers.

Deus touches a piece of an old space bridge. He then picks up the part and begins to toy with it.

“I think I can help you with that,” Corona says mysteriously.

Facelift nods.

“About time that thing did something useful for us,” he says. “What’s that thing done besides putting up a fancy map so far?”

Shockwave looks at his fingers, which ended in sharp points. Not as sharp as Lurch’s claws, maybe, but the cyclops could still do some damage if he wanted to.

“Not exactly a set of scalpels,” he says, “but if you are looking for precision, I can make do.”

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @meepinater

The two minicons wouldn’t get very far before the green speck suddenly flashes, and for a moment the silhouette of a small, sleek starship could be seen within it:

Fast as lightning, the speck then shoots off into the night, leaving an emerald trail behind it that slowly begins to fade away…emphasized text

2 Likes

“Sure thing” he says. The he notices his Deus fiddling with the object. “Ah-ah-ah!” He says as he grabs the object and puts it back. “These aren’t ours Deus, so we can’t play with them”

Epsilon shrugs.

Zepar seems interested by what Corona said.

Deus backs off, looking a little disappointed.

Shockwave places his hand around the base of the scanner, not reacting as it sticks a needle into his palm.

“Unless there are any objections…” he says.

“I’m sensing the reveal of critical plot details ahead,” Thrift comments.

“…A shame, too. I was hoping we’d get a proper beach episode in. Seems about the time for that…”

“What are you blabbering about?” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ hisses at the junkion.

Greasemonkey the rest of Salvation’s engineers begin work on repairing the Fleetcarrier. Teams of bots move across her hull like tiny insecticons, removing damaged sections of hull plating and beginning to put her weapons back into fighting shape. Flashes of blue light bloom across her hull, and waterfalls of sparks cascade down into the water below.

In the pilgrim’s city, Thrift had relocated his store to a bar of sand close to the shore. Since the junkion wasn’t there, currently, his personal diagnostic drone had run of the Gambler for now.

While Halfrunner and his silent companion converse with the locals, Lurch attempts to preach the good word of Megatron and the Decepticon Empire… and finds little success in drawing in converts.

Motherboard had taken to the skies and was flying around the spaceport, performing reconnaissance.

By the beach, Salvo leans against a pillar of rock, silent and still. Broadband walks up next to her and rests her back against another side of the column.

“How ya doin’?” the communications officer asks.

Salvo does not answer. The quartermaster doesn’t move so much as single piston.

“…Oh, the silent treatment, huh?” Broadband realizes after a moment passes. “Yeah, that’s cool. I can do that, too.”

Broadband slouches and folds her arms over her midsection, looking down toward the sand.

######“…I can be quiet and moody. Silent as the Tomb of the Primes. I could make Motherboard look like a regular chatterbox if I wanted to. You wanna stand here and use silence and off-putting body language to avoid unwanted social interaction? Fine; I’ll do that, too. Didn’t wanna talk to you, anyway. You’ll probably forget I’m even here in five minutes, with how quiet I’m being…”

“Don’t worry, I’ll get you something to play with when we get back on the ship”

"Huh… You know, when I was your age, I don’t even think I really understood what death was."

Pixel curses in some alien language:

2 Likes

“When you grow up with organics that’s what happens.” She says solemnly

Driftshot nods,
“by removing their memories or somethin?”

“Then let’s go find it.”

“Plants are organic, right?” Blight wonders. “I think I was sixty when I first encountered death. It was a massive blight, a nasty thing. Cut our crops, and therefore our profits, in half. For months.” He raised his hands suddenly. “Not that it compares to anything you’ve experienced, I promise.”

“Oh I’ve seen that many times. Craig moved to California, and I’d never seen a drought so thorough.”

“Cal-ee-farn-ya?” Blight muttered. “Which colony is that?”

“Earth. It’s not a colony. It’s on the north American continent, west coast.” She said flatly.

“Earth?” Blight growled in distate. "You’re telling me that some half-sparked rust pipe found a planet, and named it after dirt?"

1 Like

“If this blows up, I just wanna say it was nice knowing y’all.” Epsilon said.

“Corona, do not withhold information from us that is vital to Cybertron’s survival.” Zepar said.