Salvation: Part II

This seemed to cheer Deus up some.

The green speck- or starship, apparently- was now gone.

“Heavens no!” Corona says with a laugh. “I’m not a mnemosurgeon!”

Corona then turns her attention to Zepar.

“It was never my intention to do so,” she says. “I promised you information, and you will have it.”

Facelift gives a thumbs-up… or as close to one as he could get with the way his hands were built.

“Sounds like a plan.”

“It was not entirely unbearable,” Shockwave says.

“No, the humans named soil after the planet.”

“Come on. Let’s go back to the ship.” He said, taking Zeus’s hand.

He immediately shifts his aim and plummets straight for the island below.

Blight rubbed his chin. “So they didn’t know what dirt was until they named the planet?”

She sighed in exasperation. “No, they named the soil, because it was that which made up the planet.”

“I’m lost,” exhaled Blight. “Alright, I guess we can officially declare that you’re smarter than me!” He clapped his hands together in decision.

She giggles, her depression over Shockwave forgotten. “It’s really not that hard.”

Deus follows along.

Pixel was actually over the sea, currently.

Gatecrasher takes Deus outside, and they walk together down the street. Gatecrasher notices a small outdoor market nearby, and he leads Deus over to it.

Driftburn nods,
“Though, you can withhold my information, I doubt any of it is particularly important to Cybertron’s survival.”

Actaeon thinks,
“Facelift to be completely honest only one of us needs to go. I’ll go and you and Daria and keep working on the door.”

Epsilon tenses up in anticipation.

Zepar looks at Corona, a look of worry on his face.

Every moment we delay, is one moment less we have to save our species. he thought.

The market was fairly busy tonight- due in no small part to the arrival of several thousand new customers in the form of Salvation’s crew. Pilgrims sold a variety of weapons, ancient artifacts, mechanimal companions, and other miscellaneous items.

“Perhaps it is not,” Corona says to Driftburn.

Faceligt instantly changes his mind.

“Certainly, sir!” he says, saluting.

@Toa_Vladin Shockwave looks over at Wildsong.

“Unless you have any objections…” he prompts her, his hand on the scanner.

He walks down the rows, looking for something Deus might enjoy.

“What is it?” Zepar asked.

Epsilon looks at Song, awaiting her response to Shockwave. (@Toa_Vladin)

Deus was enchanted by the many sights and sounds of the market. He shifts his gaze from gun to gun; trinket to trinket, never focusing on one for too long.

“I think Driftburn is under the impression that I’m privy to some details of his past that he’d rather remain undisclosed,” Corona guesses. “I also think he’d be relieved to hear that I’m not, in fact.”

@Jcton

“I am only under that impression, because of the name you called me earlier.”

Actaeon heads looking for where they might have the Omega Key.

Daria looks at Facelift,
“Try anything to the door and I won’t tell.”

Corona nods.

“Understandable. Though apart from your names, appearances, and a few details, I don’t know everything about you all.”

Actaeon might want to check Sprocket and Grommet’s lab. The Autobot scientist often spent many hours poring over the Omega Key, and it was often there when not in use.

Facelift’s eye seems to light up as he aims his cannon at the door.

“Ma’am, you just read my mind!” he happily proclaims.

“See one you like Deus?” He asks.

Deus seemed drawn by a spherical piece of ancient technology whose shell had been brutally assailed by the march of time. It seemed that it might have once been part of a greater machine.

Facelift charges his cannon and fires a shot at the door. There is a bright flash and a thundering boom! as the shot connects with the ancient metal… and the crumpled remains of the slug fall harmless upon the ground before the undamaged door.

“Oh, for frak’s sake!” Facelift curses. “D*mn ancient tech’s plot-enhanced durability!”

@Jcton

@Jcton @BlackBeltGamer98

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister @meepinater

The illusion of the Excalibur had disappeared, and the mysterious island was much too far away for Pixel and Spectrum to reach in a timely manner.

@meepinater

@BlackBeltGamer98 @Toa_Vladin

There is a crunch and a brief burst of sparks as Shockwave rips the scanner from the wall.

“I will take this with me to properly analyze it,” the cyclops says.

“You two may investigate whatever lies beyond the door.”

1 Like

Epsilon relaxed as he knocked on the door to try and gauge how thick it was so he could estimate how much firepower was needed to crack it open.

Zepar looks at Corona, “Someone told me this world was where the Omega Lock made, is that correct?” He asked.

Gatecrasher picked up the object and examined it closely.