Salvation: Part II

“Yep. Still, we need to get you a weapon.”

“About as difficult as a rubik’s cube.” She said, pulling her own from… wherever it is TF’s put thier weapons and other objects when not in use.

Deus turns his head to look at the barrel of the sniper rifle rising out of his back, behind his shoulder.

“Interesting analogy,” Halfrunner comments, before looking back out the viewport.

“An interesting attachment, but a high-cal will only get you so far, especially if you can’t really aim it. At close range the accuracy would be a detriment.”

“By which I mean,” she said, solving the puzzle in a blurr, “a piece of cake.”

Deus looks back to Gatecrasher ans shrugs his shoulders.

Halfrunner looks over his shoulder and frowns at Juliana.

“I am hurt, lass,” he says, feigning indignation.

SideStep sighed.
“I guess we gotta do it the old-fashioned way.”

“Start digging?” Flyby guesses.

Breakswitch sighs, as well. She begins to spin around, pointing to various potential pathways.

Eeny, meeny, miney, moe…” she grumbles softly.

1 Like

SideStep rolled his eyes and began walking down a pathway at random.
“Let’s not waste any time. It doesn’t really matter what order we do them in, does it?”

“Alright, looks like we’re splitting up,” Topside decides. “I’ll take myself, Broadband, and Flyby…”

“…And Breakswitch and I will accompany SideStep,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ finishes.

The bridge crew thus splits up, with the silver-armored ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and the white-clad Breakswitch following SideStep’s path.

Scorchlock turned around as Delta asked out loud something about their coach. He rose an metal eyebrow and heard the sounds of the Ground Bridge still being active, probably Restocker went through that portal.

“Oh scrap…” He glanced at Delta. “Okay, change of plan.” He declared. “We going through that portal, and we’re going to help that old bot out.” He said as he transformed into his vehicle form. “Or at least, I’ll try to anyway…” He then sped up and drove through the portal.

(@Chromeharpoon, @Toa_Vladin)

King-Quan mesmerized by the sudden sight, he looks around to see if anyone was looking, or was simply there until he made a run towards the closest hangar. Once entering in an hangar he jumped in the air and transformed into his cybertronian jet and took off towards OL2-2-C.

Scorchlock would find himself within the same shallow fissure that Redstocker had been dropped in when he traveled through the portal earlier.

Below King-Quan, the forest stretched on for miles beneath Salvation, cut into irregular sections by the glowing geoglyps carved deep into the planet’s crust. High mountains rose up along the horizon, casting long shadows over the trees.

Scorchlock continued to drive through, either searching for Redstocker or for any enemies that were lurking around.

King-Quan would drop a bit lower so that he was just above the forest that stretched on for miles beneath the Salvation. He noticed the glowing geoglyps and wondered what they were, if they meant anything and even if he could read them as he was passing by.

Scorchlock wouldn’t meet any hostile creatures here on the plains; only tiny, grey-skinned quadrupeds that quickly fled at his approach.

Redstocker could be found further away from the portal, standing with Alterion before the ancient wreck of a Knights of Cybertron starship, half-buried in rock and earth.

The glyphs spelled out verses from the Covenant of Primus, as well as the mantra of the Omega Lock that several of our heroes had encountered previously on the voyage. These glyphs ran around wide, circular patterns coiling around the mountains and dividing the forests, and were accompanied by various sigils, including the crests of the Thirteen (sans that of Liege Maximo) and another that was unfamiliar to King-Quan:

“Here,” GC said, unlimbering his halberd. “Give this a shot”

“Oh, I am ever so sorry, did I bruise your fragile ego?” She said in mocking tone.

Scorchlock continued to drive, eventually getting to the point where he was seeing an ancient wreck of a Knights of Cybertron starship, half-buried in rock and earth. When he got close enough he transformed and glanced at it, raising his metal eyebrow. “How many times are we going to find these ancient Knights wreck?” He asked aloud, as he made his way towards it.

“What kind of place is this…?” Muttered King-Quan to himself as he slowly flew by and glanced at the glyphs that were spelling verse from The Covenant of Primus as well as other several things. Then he noticed the Thirteen crests of the Primes, excluding Liege Maximo for his transgressions in the past. “And what is this…?” He glanced at the unknown crest.

The wreck rested in the shadow of a massive spur of rock curling up from the ground. It’s hull was worn and rusty, adorned with thick patches of moss and nests of bird-like creatures built into to nooks and crannies of the arms of the ship.

Wrapping around the claw-shaped sigil was part of the Omega Lock mantra:

…-and thwart the forces of chaos and evil-…

Deus takes the halberd and climbs to his feet. He starts to swing the weapon around clumsily, not having much experience with it.

“Shattered it into a million pieces, you did,” Halfrunner quips back in a deadpan.

“Try thrusting, a halberd isn’t designed for slashing, but for poking and jabbing.”

“A woman’s job right? To keep you men’s heads from getting too big.”

Deus thrusts the halberd at a helpless techno-organic tree, throwing himself off-balance in the process. He falls onto his face.

Halfrunner rolls his eyes, returning his gaze to the beautiful view outside.

GC chuckles, then stands up, and helps Deus up.

“Try not to thrust too hard, you can over-commit and hurt yourself.”

Deus dusts himself off, picking the halberd up off the ground.

@ProfSrlojohn

@Toa_Vladin

@BlackBeltGamer98 @meepinater

"Venture, " Zepar called to the pilgrim, “May I ask you a bit of a personal question?”