Salvation: Part II

“W-well, I needed to ask if I could leave, and the doctors are busy with people more important than me.” She says somewhat sheepishly. Like she had done something wrong.

Halfrunner shakes his head.

“Ah, you shouldn’t be talking like that, miss,” he says to her.

“Why? There were plenty of warriors in there, those who were wounded in defending us all! All I did was start a fight and get a old man arrested!”

“Ha! That old man deserved it, I say,” Halfrunner replies.

“I can’t offer an opinion either way,” Thrift comments after taking a sip of his drink, “but imprisonment can do some folks good, in my experience.”

Juliana decided not to ask.

“I suppose we do.”

Daria sifts around Little Iacon, trying to see if she could find the bot in question.

Gatecrasher’s rock was a little away from the path, but still visible.

Daria travels the towards the rock and sees Gatecrasher.
“Yo.”

Gatecrasher keeps his eyes closed. “Greetings.”

“I overheard in the medical room that you were thinking of taking care of Deus.”
She comments,
“I also had the same idea.”

He opened his eyes. “Ah… You must be Daria. My name is Gatecrasher. Nice to meet you.” He held out his hand for a shake.

Daria shakes his hand, her holographic face smiling,
“I figured it might be good to know who else was taking care of Deus.”

“Yes, that is a good idea. So… how did you find out about Deus, besides obviously being in the Infirmary at the same time.” he asked while raising a quizzical eyebrow.

“I was there when he was “birthed” or rather formed. I was the one who named him Deus.”
Daria says with calm tone.

"Ah… any particular reason for the name? He asked.

“You know the human phrase Deus ex machina, him appearing like that and helping us felt like that kind of moment… so I named him Deus.”

“Hrm… Very interesting. I thought it might have been from some explicative. Such as the old human saying, _What the duece. That’s a much better reason, If I may say so.”

Thrust shrugged. “It sounded fine. But we should be cautious.”

Spectrum shifted ever so slightly.

Daria smirks,
“Can’t say I’m the best at the naming business. Though I thinks Deus fits the bot…”